Chapter 8

Wipe Your Eyes

 

A Not So Peaceful Morning


"Yoona-ssi!"

Yoona turns around and immediately smiles as she sees a familiar figure running to her.

"Morning!" He greets her. 

"Morning Kyuhyun Oppa. but.. Yoona-SSI?" She pouts her lips as she stares at him angrily.

Kyuhyun is just grinning. And she kinda likes how he always does that.

"I mean.. Just Yoona." He laughs. "Morning class?" He asks as they start walking together.

Yoona nods. "I have all morning classes. I don't have anything to do at home though. So, I would rather go to class and meet my friends." And you.

"And meet me?" Kyuhyun teases her. She wonders if she is being too obvious or if he can read mind.

"Of course Oppa too." She looks down and bites her lips. 

Kyuhyun definitely likes what he hears. He scratches his head awkwardly. His grin is getting wider.

After that they walk in silent. Just glancing at each other once in a while. Sometimes, their gazes meet and they will look away immediately.

"Umm.. where are you going Oppa? Your building is not this way, is it?"  

Oppa. Everytime he hears her calling him that, he likes it more and more.

"I will walk you to class, if it's fine with you..?"

Of course it is.

"I would be very happy if you did." Yoona says shyly.

"Great." Kyuhyun clears his throat as he feels this strange aura around them. He can even imagine all the flowers around them right now.

But suddenly his thought is invaded by someone.

"How's Krytal doing? Is her leg okay?" 

Yoona's smile immediately fades. "I think she is fine, she went to hospital yesterday."

Kyuhyun just nods. He doesn't sense different tone in her voice.

"oh, that's Dance Building, right?" Kyuhyun suddenly speaks as he points to the building in front of him. He is oblivious to Yoona's lack of response. When something catches his eyes. "Isn't it her?"

Yoona looks at the direction Kyuhyun pointed. It's indeed Krystal... and Kai. but they look like they are arguing.

 

 

Fifteen minutes ago...

Krystal walks to her first class for today. She has expected to see Kai waiting for her in front of the class when he could just wait for her inside. She is actually wrong this time. He is not waiting in front of their class, but exactly in front of the building. There he is, leaning against the wall. He is tapping his foot impatiently. but she really doesn't want to talk with him and his nagging right now. She has enough thoughts to worry in her mind. 

Kai finally looks up and sees her. Before he can say something, she passes by him and walks up the stairs. but he grabs her arm before she can take a step. 

Krystal looks at him with an annoyed look.

"Where did you go yesterday? Why didn't you come home? Why didn't you come to classes?"

She pulls her arm from him before answering.

"I was home. As in my home- I mean my father's home. I went to the hospital yesterday and now my leg is getting better." She explains as patience as she can. She doesn't really want to get angry so early in the morning.

"Then why didn't you answer my calls or my texts? Don't you know how worried I am?? You just left when I clearly told you to wait for me and the next day you didn't even show up! I was worried to death! I almost went to ask Yoona if she knew where were you!"

Okay. This is too much. Who does he think he is? She knows that Kai is always there when she needs someone. He is her best friend. but that's it. He doesn't have any right to act like this, does he?

"You are making a scene right now. Just forget it, will you? I'm here and I'm fine."

"No. I'm not going to forget it. I've always forgotten everything and try to forget. but I can't do that anymore."

"What's your f- problem Kai?!" She knows she doesn't have a good temper and Kai should know better not to mess with her like this.

"What am I to you?" He asks as he stares straight in the eyes. 

"W-what?" What kind of question is that? she wants to ask him that but seeing his face right now, she knows he is so serious about this. "We are best friends.. aren't we?"

His face immediately darkens. The disappointment is written all over his face. She wonders why.. but it's true. As far as she knows, they are just best friends.

"After all this years, you still think of me as your best friend? Don't you ever think why I never interested in girls? Why I never dated anyone? Why I even left my house so I can look after you?"

Krystal just blinks. Restoring everything he just said and tries to think about it.

"Since... when?" She stammers.

"Since we were six, Krystal. Six. I've always liked you and I still do."

Rather than happy, she feels horrified. Now she understands another reason of Yoona's hatred towards her. She feels stupid, why doesn't she realize it earlier? She should have known it when Kai chose to still be friends with her rather than Yoona.

Yoona has known it all along that Kai likes her. That's why Yoona hates her more and more.

"You.. shouldn't have liked me.. Yoona likes you! You know it!" 

"but I don't like her! I never did!"

Now everything is just strange. She doesn't know what she has to do. She never thinks about him more than a friend. And she doesn't want to. Of all the people, Kai is the person who knows the best that she doesn't want to be in that sort of relationship with anyone.

Being with Kai was comfortable. now not anymore.

"I-if I know about this before, I would never be your friend!"

Her words feel like a stab in his heart.

"I-I'm leaving!" She turns around and starts walking unsteadily. but he quickly stops her. 

"Look, it was a long time ago! She may not like me anymore now!"

"Okay! Just.. leave me alone for now. I need some time to think!"

"but Krys--"

"What are you doing to her?!" Suddenly Kyuhyun appears and snatches Krystal's arm from him. Yoona is right behind him, staring at him so hatefully. So she still hates him, huh?

"Who are you?!" Kai asks angrily.

"I'm.. her friend!"

Kai snickers. "Friend? She has no friends except me."