Chapter 3

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Friend or Foe


"The next class will start soon, we should go." Sooyoung reminds everyone, including Yoona.

Yoona feels so reluctant to go, but still following her friends anyway. They make their way out of the cafeteria.

As she walks to the door, she keeps staring at Kyuhyun who is on the other side of the cafeteria.

look at me. look at me. come on~ look at me just once please~ She prays in heart.

She keeps praying for Kyuhyun to look at her. Maybe there'll be a chance for her since nobody never not-likes-her. Um.. except that one guy. This is the second time she is interested with a guy and she doesn't want the same bad thing happens again this time. but first of all, of course she has to get his attention. but how~ he doesn't even look at her.

"Ow!" She shrieks. She doesn't see what's in front of her and ends up bumps into a guy. His drinks are all over his shirt. Her eyes widen at the sight.

"I'm sorry! i didn't mean to!" She feels bad for him because now his white shirts is all dirty and he clearly looks upset about it.

But when he looks up at her, his face suddenly changes.

"You?!" he points his index finger at her, eyes bigger than before but he doesn't look angry anymore, more like.. shocked?

"I'm sorry!" she keeps bowing. "I-I'll buy you a new one!"

"N-n-no no. it's okay, but you are....... Kyuhyun's angel" he mutters the last two words so Yoona can't hear it because the cafeteria is so noisy.

"n-ne??"  

He keeps staring at her.. admiring a beauty in front of him.

"I'm sorry but i have class soon, can you give me your card name or something? I promise I'll be responsible for it!"

"oh! y-yeah. I mean, no you don't have to. it's okay."

"but I feel bad. So let me do something to make it up please~"

How can he rejects her, when she looks that adorable.

"I-if that so, t-then this is my card name." He can't help but feeling nervous in front of her.

"Okay. I'll call you later. I'm sorry again really." She takes his card, bowing once more, and leaving. She is running to her class. Her friends is nowhere to be seen, they didn't even realize at all that they left her behind.

Fortunatelly she gets to class before Prof. Lee comes. She takes a relieved breath then look at the card name.

Lee Donghae.

Lee Donghae.

Where did she hear that name before? it feels familiar for her.

When finally in the middle of the class she remembers, Lee Donghae! Kyuhyun's friend!

 

 

Meanwhile, still in the cafeteria....

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! I just bump into your angel!" Donghae tells him.

"Krystal?? where??" he quickly stands up and looks around.

So, her name is Krystal.. Donghae tries to remember the name.

"She has left.."

"Ah hyung~ you should tell me sooner!"

"But it's weird.. she looks the same but a little different. Something was off, but I can't point it out." Donghae scratches his head.

"What do you mean? and why are your shirt so dirty?" Kyuhyun cringes.

"Oh this, before I-" Donghae stops. Suddenly he gets an idea. Bad idea. He is hesitating if he could really do it or not. And before he can think more about it he already tells lie. to his bestfriend.  "I spill my drink by myself."

"How stupid.." Kyuhyun mocks him.

Donghae just clears his throat, feeling a little guilty.

"But really Kyu, she looked different than when I saw her this morning. And you said she was grumpy and all but before she was so--" Donghae pauses. He just realizes if he tells him about how nice she was before then he has to explain everything to him. "Uh.. i mean she changed her clothes!"

Kyuhyun looks dumbfounded. "Hyung, are you really stupid? What changed clothes have to do with her being grumpy this morning??"

"Ha..hahaha n-nothing of course, it's just.. I was wondering why she changed clothes though." Donghae starts blabbing, his habit when he feels nervous.

"She can change her clothes whenever she wants hyung! ah really~" Kyuhyun ignores him and start playing his game again.

Donghae still can't believe he just lied to his bestfriend.

 

***

 

At Dance Major, Music and Art Building, Kyunghee University..

Krystal walks to her class.

"YO!" suddenly Kai appears in front of her with his usual smile that annoys the hell out of her. 

Krystal just glances at him for a second, yes a mere second, and keeps walking. Completely ignores him. As if that is their daily routine -well, it is- as in he greets her in their way to the class and the latter ignores him, he casually walks beside her and they are walking together to their class.

"Why are you keep frowning? Don't you feel scared if your face would be frozen like that for the rest of your life?"

Here we go.. Why does he always have new irritating question every fu*king morning? She asks herself. Usually she has enough patience for him, but her patience has run out because that weird guy she met before. Who is his name again, Cho something?

"Are you deaf now? Don't you hear me??" Kai asks louder this time, waking her up from her daydreaming. She can't believe she just spacing out before.

"Don't annoy me, i have bad mood since this morning." She says curtly.

"Don't you always have bad mood though?"

She stops walking and glares at him. If glare can kill, he must be dead by now.

He pretends to zip his lips and doesn't talk more.

Good.

They both arrive in their class, she throws her bag at the very back seat as Kai takes a seat beside her.

She sits down and immediately puts her head on the desk. Feeling stupid for keep thinking about that stupid annoying Cho guy.