Chapter 1

Wipe Your Eyes

 

 My Angel


The twin sisters are living in the huge and luxurious mansion. Their father is a chairman of Shinhan Financial Group, South Korea's largest banking services firm, the only financial company to make the top-ten list of South Korea Biggest Company. That makes them became one of the wealthiest family in South Korea. Unfortunately, their mother had passed away when they were just 7. Since then, his father has over-worked himself to forget their mother, and now he becomes a workaholic.

Today is just an usual sunny morning in this lonely mansion.

Yoona is coming out from her bedroom, wearing her new flowery dress. Ready for the day. She walks down the stairs gracefully with a smile on her face that makes this morning feels more beautiful for anyone who sees.

"Good morning, Miss." The maids greet her and bow.

"Good morning~" She replies kindly.

"The breakfast is ready." Kang-in Ahjussi informs her. He is a butler in this house. He has worked here ever since Yoona's father married with her Mother. After her Mom passed away and her father started busying himself with works, Kang Ahjussi has been the only one who was so close with her.

Yoona just nods and makes her way to the dinning room. Like usual, she has her breakfast alone. Not that she really minds about it. She would rather eat alone than has to eat  together with her sister.

Just then, she hears footsteps running down the stair. Who else? of course it's Krystal. Nobody will run in this mansion except her. She is wearing white t-shirt and jeans, walking right to the door whilst ignoring the greetings and the bows from the maids.

"Miss, you have to eat breakfast first!" Kang Ahjussi quickly runs to the front door.

"Don't wanna, I'm going." Krystal says as she walks out.

Same question and same answer every morning.

Even so, Kang-in still asks. Hoping for a different answer. If it's not this morning, maybe tomorrow morning.

Krystal knows it and it doesn't really bother her. In fact, she always waits for it every morning. A simple act of care that she craves.

"where is my bike??"

"I'm sorry, Miss. I don't think you can go to college with your bike. And this is your first day, you may be late. The driver will drop you off instead."

"Bring my bike here." She orders the maid. Act like she doesn't hear what Kang-in has to say.

"but Miss-"

"Now."

Like usual, Kang-in gives up on her. With a soft sigh, he orders one of the maid to bring the bike.

And just like that Krystal goes to college with her bike. Like how she always did in her high school. Actually, nobody knows she is from wealthy family. or more like, she doesn't want anyone to know. She hates how everyone will just up to her feet when they know how rich she is. Just like how they do to her twin sister. 

Speaking of it, in their daily life, there's not many people who know about them. People know that Yoona, the daughter of Shinhan Group, has twin sister but that's it. They're almost never seen together. Yoona is always fine with spotlight and somehow she goes to some parties that's held by their father's business partner. but Krystal never has an interest on it at all.

They were attending different high school too and so, they have different friends, well if Krystal has one that is. Oh, yes she has. The one and only friend that she trusts, Kim Jong-in or Kai. On the other hand, Yoona is really popular, she can't even counts how many friends she has. Everyone just sticks to her knowing who she is. And Yoona somehow loves all the attention that she gets.

 

As Krystal on her way to college, Yoona just finished her breakfast.

"Ahjussi, can you drop me off at bus stop?"

Kang-In is surprised by her sudden request.

"what? why? I'll drop you off at college Miss."

"Pleasee~" Yoona gives him aegyo. "All my friends said they would take bus to college. I want to do it too. I've never took bus before! Just this once!"

She gives him puppy eyes.

Kang-in sighs. He always loses to them, just like this. In the end, he agrees.

"Yay! thank you!" Yoona gives him a hug. Sometimes, Kang-in feels more like a father than her own father.

"but please be careful, ok?"

"of course! I'm not elementary kid anymore. you don't have to worry!"

"Alright, be a good girl at college." He pats her head as she nods happily. If Kang-in is not here, maybe she doesn't know what will she does with her life.

 

***

 

On the other place, two best friends are riding a car to go to the same college.

"It's a new semester! whoooooo~" Donghae screams on the passenger seat excitedly.

"yeaaah!" Kyuhyun is joining.

"there'll be new pretty girls to hit on! woohooooo"

"yeeeaaah- eh what?"

"pretty girls! we are gonna get new girl, aren't we?"

"ah hyung~ I'm tired."

"you are tired of girls?" Donghae is shocked.

"no! I mean, I'm tired playing with these girls."

"Are you... serious??" Donghae looks horrified. 

"yes I am. i'm not gonna play anymore."

"Who are you?!! Tell me! Bring me back my Kyuhyun! You are not Kyuhyun I know!!" Donghae starts shouting, much to Kyuhyun annoyance.

"Shut up  you stupid!" Kyuhyun rolls his eyes.

"since when you become this boring?" 

"Since my father told me to get married." Kyuhyun says without looking at his hyung. Donghae's eyes are bulging out. "I'm serious hyung. Dad told me to at least find a fiancee. I also think maybe I should."  

"You are really living up to your 'good son' image, aren't you?"

Kyuhyun is just grinning. Well, he always thinks that what his parent wants must be for his own good.

"eh Kyu! stop at the mini market in front of the bus stop! I'm gonna buy something."

"roger."

Kyuhyun parks his car in front of the mini market and they both go out of the car. While Donghae goes in, Kyuhyun buys soda and leans on his car. He is sipping his drinks once in a while whilst looking at the road, the tree, the mountain, the sky..

"ahh~ today seems so beautiful." suddenly his eyes catches something, or someone... he can't stop staring, his mouth is hanging open, and his drinks falls from his hand.

"Yah Kyu! you should throw the trash to its place!" Donghae shakes his head and takes the can from the floor.

"Hyung.." he says, still not taking his eyes off of that person.

"what?"

"I think.. I see an angel."

"are you crazy? in the morning like this?"

"look at that..." Kyuhyun points his finger to the so-called-angel.

Soon after, Donghae also can't take his eyes off of her.

"She is definitely an angel." Donghae agrees.

"Yeah.. she is my angel."

In front of them, right across the road, their angel is chatting and laughing with her friends. The wind blows her hair, makes her looks even more beautiful in the two best friends' eyes.

but then, the bus comes and blocks their eyes from her.

"what the.." Kyuhyun is angry to the innocent bus. "Let's go there hyung! before she is gone!"

"wait Kyu! it's not red light!"

"arrrggh" Kyuhyun is frustrated. he ruffles his hair as he waits for the red light. Occasionally biting his fingers in a not-so-manly way.

but when the bus drives off, his angel is gone too.

"NOOOOOOOO MY ANGEL!!!" Kyuhyun falls on his knees. and Donghae sighs. He pats Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"Let's come again tomorrow, maybe she will take the bus again?"

"OH! That's right hyung! you are smart!" He finally gets his spirit back. "I'll definitely come again tomorrow! and get her!"

 

 

Unfortunately, he never sees his angel again. After a week he has gone to the same bus stop in the same time, and waiting for hours, he finally gives up. If they are destined to meet, maybe they will meet again. He decides.

 

 

A few weeks after that, at their college..

As usual Kyuhyun comes with Donghae. After he parked his car, they are walking to their building major together. When a girl rides a bike catches his attention. There's still a girl who rides bike nowadays? he thinks. As he looks closer..

"D-D-DONGHAE HYUNG!!! HYUNG! IT'S MY ANGEL!!!!!" He unconsciously screams.

"what? where?" Donghae looks here and there.

"That girl on the bike! I found her! my angel!!"