Chapter 4

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Cold War


One fine morning, Yoona is having her breakfast as usual before going to school.

When she has morning talks with Kang-in.

"Miss.. Soo Jung Agashi is not going to school often. I get the report from your college this morning."

"Then?" Yoona asks nonchalantly.

"Actually she also doesn't take any money from the credit card we give. She doesn't even come home for days."

"Is that so.." she says simply as she drinks her orange juice. Kang-in can see that she doesn't have any interest in this conversation about her sister.

"I'm just worried. Where she sleeps these few days and how she lives without the money we give."

Yoona just shrugs whilst taking another bite of her sandwich.

Actually, deep inside her heart she also feels a little worried, but many things burn it down.

"We can't do anything though, she wouldn't listen."

"I'm thinking about something, but I need your permission first." Kang-in asks carefully.

"You can do whatever you want, there's no need to ask or to tell me anything about it."

"It's just.. I want to send people to follow her so we know how is she doing."

This Soo Jung talks is bothering her, she doesn't have any appetite anymore.

"okay. do it then."

"Yes miss. Thank you."

"Later, if you want to do something about her, you don't have to talk to me about it. I don't really care actually." After saying it, she immediately stands up and leaves the dinning room.

Kang-in just sighs. Wondering when this cold war between the two sisters ends.

 

 

 

On the way to the college Yoona stucks in the traffic jam.

"Miss, looks like we'll be late." the chauffeur said.

Yoona looks up from her book. "Is that so? It can't be helped then.."

After 30 minutes, she gets bored and looks out the window. Someone catches her attention. Krystal.. She is literally lying on the sidewalk.

"I'll be back!" Yoona says to the chauffeur. Without thinking, she gets out of the car and rushes to her. Once she gets closer enough, she sees Krystal's bike on the ground beside her.

"Soo Jung ah! what happened?? oh God! you are bleeding!" Yoona asks worriedly.

But Krystal just stares at her deadly in which Yoona tries to ignore it since Krystal is now injured and all.

"Can you get up?" Yoona tries to help her getting up but Krystal quickly shoves her hands away and trying to get up by herself.

Yoona rolls her eyes and lets her does whatever she wants. She feels annoyed immediately because even in this situation, Krystal still acts like this. But when she looks at how she is trying so hard to get back to her bike with that bleeding leg, she grabs her hand.

"Let's just leave that bike and go to clinic by car for Goodness sake!"

Krystal pulls her hand from Yoona rather harshly. As if she is disgusted by it.

"You don't have to act nice in front of me." Krystal says coldly.

"What the..? You do know I don't have to act nice in front of you, that means I'm not acting right now!"

"Really? That must be hard for you."

"Stop being stubborn and come with me!"

"why? why should I? why are you being like this? Weren't you the one who said you didn't want to see me anymore? so why are you like this now?"

Yoona is shocked to hear that. Yes, she said it but still..

"T-that's right! but you are still my sister."

Krystal lets out sarcastic chuckles. "I thought we are not sisters anymore, aren't we?"

"Let's not talk about that right now! Aren't you in pain? your leg is-"

"I'm not." Krystal cuts her off. "I'm perfectly fine. Just bug off and leave me alone." With that, she lifts her bike from the ground with so much difficulty. Yoona can't bear to see that.

"Soo Jung ah.. let me help you this once."

"You don't have to burden yourself to help someone you hate." She said whilst starts walking limply.

Yoona finally snaps out of it. Why would she tries to be patience to someone like her? She thinks.

"Fine! Do whatever you want like you always do! You always make troubles anyway, even for yourself! It's not like I care with your life."

That words, stopping Krystal from walking. She looks back at Yoona. Two pairs of eyes staring at each other, still as cold as ever.

"Well well... thanks a lot for your compliment. You should go back to your beautiful life, and I'll go with mine." 

Yoona just looks at her back who is walking away from her. Thinking about why she should care about her in the first place.

Without thinking twice or looking back, she starts walking back to her car. Half way she realizes the car is nowhere to be found anymore.

"damn!"

She stomps her feet and waiting for her chauffeur to get back there since she didn't bring her phone or anything.

And she also blames Krystal for this.

 

***

 

Krystal can't walk anymore. She stops at the park and sits on the bench there. She takes a deep breath for a few times, hoping it can ease the pain on her leg. She then takes out her cell phone and calls someone. Not even 2 seconds, someone on the other line picks it up.

"What's up? Our Soo Jung is calling me so early in the morning! Today will definitely be a great day!"

Krystal rolls her eyes, as if he could see it. "Shut up Kai. Fetch me, I'm bleeding." She says it like it's not a big deal at all.

"W-what?? You're bleeding?? Why? Are you trying to kill yourself again??"

"Stupid. If I did, I won't call you. I'll just let myself die peacefully without listening to your annoying voice."

"Yah yah! Stop talking like that or I'll kill you myself!! No no! I won't ever kill you! Damn, just where are you now?!"

Stupid. Stupid.

"At the Park near our boarding house, come here in 5 minutes or you will not see me ever again."

"YAH! I'll go there before you even blink! So stay there!" He immediately hung up after that.

She looks at her phone. what's with the screaming.. really..

While waiting for Kai, she hears children laughs. They sounds so happy, makes her realizes when was the last time she laughed like that.

She looks for where it comes from and finds two little girls about 5 years old playing with their moms. Reminds her about the past.

It has been a long time..

I miss you mom, dad, and sis.

I'm sorry.. I was wrong.

I can't ever make it up for everything that I did.