Chapter 10

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Unsure


Donghae is leaning against the glass wall in the first floor of his faculty, simply waiting. He has waited long enough but the girl he is waiting for hasn’t showed up yet. He looks at his watch again and sighs.

“Donghae oppa?”

He lifts his head up immediately upon hearing the voice.

“Oh Yoona!” he quickly straightens up, acting surprised. The latter just smiles and waves.

“Hi! What’re you doing? Waiting for someone?”

“Yeah, my friend. But he is quite late; I don’t know where he is,” he pretends to look around.

Following his eyes, she also looks left and right, trying to look for the said friend. “Why don’t you call him?”

He is startled for a while. “He doesn’t answer my calls,” He quickly replies.

“Oh..”

“Are you heading home?”

“Hm,” she nods. “I’ve finished for today.”

“I guess I should go home too,” he scratches his head whilst eyeing her. “Need a ride?” He asks expectantly.

“Ah no thanks, my driver is waiting outside,” she rejects politely. “What about your friend then?”

He shrugs. “Maybe he forgets, I don’t care. Well, at least I get to see you, thanks to him,” he grins.

She glares at him playfully. “You are such a smooth-talker oppa.”

“Nah, only for you.”

She rolls her eyes. “Sure~.”

“It’s true though!” He says defensively and she just laughs.

The two start walking out of their faculty in comfortable silence. It’s not that long until he breaks the silence.

“Isn’t it too early to go home though?” He glances at her.

She looks at her wrist and silently agreeing. “Have better idea then?”

He beams up at her. “Wanna go get some coffee?” He doesn’t even like coffee, but for her, he could even drink a whole pot.

She is contemplating for a moment. “Well, sounds good to me.” She finally answers.

 Donghae can feel a smile forming on his lips.

 

---

 

It’s been days since their argument, but Krystal is still ignoring Kai. What worries him is that she seems like she has no intention to make up with him. This is not what he wants to happen when he decided to confess his true feeling, even though somehow he has known since long ago that this would happen. That’s also why he never wanted to let her knows about his feeling, not so soon at least. It’s just that recently he could feel that they grew distant. It’s as if she lived in her own world, a world without him in it. Maybe she doesn’t realize it herself but Kai always realizes even the slightest change in her. And it makes him worried.

All these years, Krystal only knows him. She doesn’t like people; she doesn’t want to make friends either. He is the only person who can pass her comfort zone. As selfish as it sounds, he is happy and content.

Before he knows it, his world only revolves around her. Like the sun and earth. That’s Krystal for Kai.

“Krys, we need to talk,” He finally confronts her after one of the class that they have together.

She doesn’t even look at him in the eyes anymore. “I don’t know if I want to talk to you.”

“Krystal please,” he is both annoyed and hopeless. “You don’t plan to ignore me forever, do you?”

“I don’t know,” she still looks at everywhere, except him. “I really don’t know Jongin.”

Jongin. He feels his heart skips a beat in a hurtful way. All this time, it’s always been Kai and Krystal. Their nicknames for each other since they were kids. That’s a simple thing that reminds him how close they are. But suddenly, it’s Jongin?

She looks like she realizes what she did and somewhat flustered. “I-I mean Kai. If you don’t have anything to say anymore I’ll go.”

Before she could turn around and leave, he grabs her arm and stops her. She finally looks at him but he can’t read her expression. She is not annoyed or angry; of course she doesn’t look too happy either.

“What now?”

“It’s one thing if you don’t like me,” he sighs. “But why are you acting like you don’t know me? You don’t have to go that far. We have known each other for a long time Krys. We don’t have to be like this,” he says as he lets go of her.

She looks down and bites her lips. The sight reminds him of the real Krystal, the Im Soo Jung with her soft and vulnerable side that he wants to protect. Maybe the fact the Krystal always appears strong headed and indifferent these past few years makes him forget that she is actually still the same. She is still the same innocent girl that he falls in love with.

“I just.. don’t know K-Kai.” Her voice is barely heard but he still notices how awkward it is for her to say his name now, it doesn’t feel right.

“We were best friends before, weren’t we?” She pauses and looks up. “But now I’m not sure.. what are we?”

 

---

 

Kyuhyun walks out from the university library where he just had a group study with some of his classmates. He does a little stretching and massages his stiff neck. He still has another class after this so he can’t go home. He then fishes his cell phone out of his pocket as he heads to one of the empty bench.

He calls Donghae but he doesn’t answer. He frowns; it’s not like Donghae to ignore his calls. But a minute later he gets a text from him.

What? Don’t call me, I’m busy. –Donghae

Kyuhyun snickers, wondering what is he busy with.  

I haven’t had my lunch yet :(
what are you doing anyway? –Kyuhyun

He taps his foot whilst waiting. He doesn’t really like to eat alone, and Donghae definitely knows this. After a good five minutes of waiting, he thinks that maybe Donghae is really busy. He doesn’t usually take this long to reply.

Sorry Kyu, I’m with my friend right now. I need to go somewhere. –Donghae

He pouts and quickly types the reply.

That friend can make you ditch me like this? I’m impressed. –Kyuhyun

He gives up with Donghae and stands up from the bench, he will just ask Siwon or Sungmin or anyone to accompany him. He slings his bag on his shoulder and is about to head to the cafeteria when his eyes catch something.

Donghae with Yoona.

…oh.

His eyes are still following them when his cell phone in his hand vibrating.

Don’t be like that; I’ll make it up to you later, kay? –Donghae

Kyuhyun looks at the text and back to the two. He watches as they are laughing at each other and look comfortable together.

He isn’t sure what to feel about this.


 

 

It’s been a while! :D hello there new subbies and thank you so much for your awesome comments <3

and actually I'm not really good with many main characters but I tried okay ^^;