Chapter 5

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Untold Truth


Krystal is walking out from her last class today, still limping, since she just fell from her bike yesterday. Bandage is wrapping around her leg and she has a crutch to help her walking. She quickly leaves the class –well, as quick as she can- before Kai come. She gets really sick of his nagging. Listening to him is even more painful to her ears than the pain on her leg. It’s just a little injury but he acts like she tried to commit suicide.

Once she gets to the outside of the building, a sigh immediately escapes from . She looks at the narrow long stairs in front of her. Then she starts thinking that maybe waiting for Kai would be a better idea. but quickly shrugs such thoughts off. This is nothing. She tries to make herself believes that she can go through it.  

She walks down the stairs one by one. Halting every one step to ease the pain. No one to help her since nobody is her friend except Kai. And she doesn’t want anyone to help her either. She doesn't want to be a burden for other people or to be burdened by their kindness.

Fifth step.

She wants to give up already.

She can’t help but thinking if Kai was here he would piggybacking her like what he did before. Even though she was kinda embarrassed with people but who are they anyway. They got nothing to do with her life.

Ninth step, she starts thinking about how she gets home.

Taking a bus would be too much of burden. But taxi would be too expensive, she has no money.

So.. bus it is.

She takes another step when someone calls her, and it’s not Kai.

“Hey! We meet again! What happen to your leg?? Do you need help?” The voice sounds so excited but worried in the same time.

She looks up and finds that familiar face. She unconsciously scrunches up her face and looks at him from head to toe.

“Move aside. You stand in my way.”

“Oh! I’m sorry.” He moves beside her, staring at her as she takes another hard step.

“You look troubled, I can help you!” He said still pestering her.

“I don’t even know you.” Lie. Of course she knows him. 

“I’m Kyuhyun! Cho Kyuhyun.” He feels a little disappointed, to think that she has forgotten him already.

But she ignores him and takes another step. She wants to get away from him as soon as possible. but it's likely not going to happen.

“I think I’m your sunbae.” He suddenly says, trying to get her attention.

She still ignores him.

“Um.. are you going home? I can take you home!”

She gets irritated.

“You are so noisy! Get lost.”

Kyuhyun is surprised by her attitude. That is rather harsh.

“Sorry if I’m bothering you.”

He almost gives up and leaves her when he hears her shrieking and in reflex he catches her before she hits the ground. Their position is kind  of risky. one bad move and both of them will fall to the hard ground. She doesn’t like it but she can’t do anything either.

“Let me go, but don’t let me fall.” She says, trying to sound nonchalant.

Kyuhyun just chuckles. “I have a better idea.”

Much to her surprised, he lifts her up.

“Yah! What are you doing??”

“Where are you going, I’ll take you there.” He says with victorious smile.

“Put me down! Right now!”

“I don’t wanna~" He then starts walking even with her struggling. but he doesn't even think to let her go.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in the University Garden close to them, Yoona is waiting for Donghae. They have an appointment to meet there. She has been waiting for a good ten minutes. She keeps looking at her watch for she doesn’t know how many times when finally Donghae comes. He is running and panting when he reaches her.

“I’m sorry! The professor ended the class late! I’m not late in purpose I swear!” He explains to her in defensive tone.

“It’s okay Donghae-ssi, I wasn’t waiting for long.” She smiles, tries to assure him. She then takes out something from her bag. “Well, this is new shirt I promised you, same brand and size, 100% original. I’m sorry again.” She bows a little.

Donghae takes it. Actually he doesn’t really want it, it’s just his excuse to meet her.

“Thank you. By the way.. we haven’t done a proper introduction. I’m Lee Donghae.” He reaches out his hand, attempting to shake hands. Yoona takes his hand gladly.

“I’m Im Yoona. Nice to know you Donghae-ssi.”

“Yoona?? Your name is Yoona??”

She is a little confused about his reaction. “Yes.. what about it?”

“not Krystal?” he stupidly blurts it out. Well, his habit.

Krystal?

“you know Krystal?” Yoona asks back.

Donghae looks blurred. “So.. you are not Krystal? I mean, Krystal is a person too?” he scratches his head, he even confuses about what it is that he should ask.

“Umm.. Krystal is my sister. my twin.”

Donghae’s eyes get wide. He is covering his mouth to hold his shocked scream that is about to come out anytime soon.

“You.. you have twin? And Krystal is your twin???” He asks the obvious.

“Yes. How did you know Krystal?” Yoona asked curiously.

“That.. I just... umm.. know her! yes! I just know her because she is popular! Everyone knows her hahaha.” He laughs out of nervous.

Yoona definitely finds it weird. From what she knows Krystal is not popular at all. He doesn’t like to socialize with anyone. Even the name Krystal itself, is only Kai and her who know.

“So that’s how it is.. haha.” She just pretends to buy it.

“Yoona-ssi can I ask you something?”

“Of course. What is it?”

“I know it may be a weird question. But have you ever take a bus? I mean, ah how should I say it...”

Yoona tilts her head. Thinking that this Donghae guy is really weird.

“bus? Just sometimes, just when I want to go to school with my friends. Why?”

 “really?? And Krystal too?” He asks again, ignoring her question.

“Krystal is usually riding her bike I’m sure.”

“bike! I know it!”

“pardon? Did I miss something?” 

“no no! I mistook her as you!”

“ne??”

“eh? Oh.. I mean I mistook you as her! yes that is it..” He is nervous. He isn’t sure if he should tell the truth or not.

“ah.. i see.” Yoona feels something is off but she decides to just end it. Donghae is weird. She concludes.

Suddenly she sees Donghae with the shocked expression that he can’t hide, looking at a direction. Curious of what he sees, she turns around.

And sees Kyuhyun.. with Krystal. She wonders, how could it be?