Chapter 7

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Love Square


Donghae is hesitating to answer him.

"Uh.. I-I'm sure it's Krystal." Donghae whispers to Kyuhyun's ears for the girls not to hear.

"Really? How can you be so sure?"

To be honest, Kyuhyun doesn't know himself. He keeps staring at the girls in front of him that kinda makes the girls feel a little uncomfortable. but the thing is, the more he looks at both of them, the more he doesn't care which one his angel is. and that's the problem, he can't have both of them, can he?

"I'm leaving." Krystal suddenly says, waking him up from his thoughts. She is about to leave when Kyuhyun grabs her hand.

"Hey wait!"

Yoona is stunned at his quick reaction when all he did before was spacing out like an idiot before.

"What again?!" Krystal snaps at him, she is getting very annoyed by this sudden interruptions in her peaceful life.

"How can you go home like that??" Kyuhyun is pointing at her bandaged leg.

"None of your business." Krystal shoves his hand away.

Donghae suddenly gets an idea. "Why don't Kyuhyun take you home, Krystal-ssi? I'll take Yoona home!"

"WHAT??" the other three shout at the same time which is shocked Donghae.

"I-if it's okay of course.. that's a good idea right?" Donghae doesn't know what's wrong with that, for him it's an excelent idea. What he doesn't know is that only him who wants that.

Krystal definitely doesn't want to go with anyone.

Yoona doesn't want to go with Donghae, but Kyuhyun.

As for Kyuhyun, he doesn't want to let Yoona go either. Just because.

"How about we go together? With my car? Hyung, you didn't bring your car, did you?" Kyuhyun stares at him with big wide eyes. Hoping the latter gets the message from his eyes.

"Eh? I bring my- OW!" Kyuhyun nudges him in the ribs. "ah! yeah! i didn't bring my car! hahaha i forget! haha."

"Let's go together then!" Yoona says excitedly while locking her arm with Krystal's.

"No! I'm going home alone!" Krystal tries to pull out her arm from Yoona's but she locks it tightly.

"Come on Soo Jung, let's just go with us." Yoona smiles at her ever so sweetly, but her sister knows exactly that it isn't sincere at all. What she hasn't known is why she does all of this.

"I told you I don't want." The sisters are now glaring at each other but the two guys are just too excited by themselves to even notice it.

"With your leg like that, you shouldn't be so stubborn." Yoona still hasn't given up and tightening their locking arms instead.

Damn. No matter how Krystal thinks about it, the offer is pretty good rather than going home herself by bus. well, once won't hurt. Krystal finally decides to agree.

In the car, Kyuhyun mentally stabs his hyung for sitting beside him in the front seat and let the girls sit behind. Donghae could sit in the backseat and one of the girl could sit beside him. but well, it happened already and Donghae is just too absentminded to even think about that.

At first, awkward silent fills the air as Donghae clears his throat occasionally. The two girls just look out the windows, don't really want to talk to each other.

Kyuhyun is at lost of words too. He is still bewildered for the fact that there are two angels. Krystal is grumpy and keeps on getting mad at him, but somehow she is attractive in her own way. On the other hand, Yoona seems nice and graceful but he just meets her today and they haven't had proper conversation with each other. Well, it's not like he ever had proper conversation with Krystal without her being all grumpy.

"Yoona-ssi. We haven't had proper introduction, have we?" Kyuhyun looks at her from rearview mirror.

Yoona is taken aback but of course happy for finally Kyuhyun takes an interest in her.

"T-that's right!" She can't hide the smile that immediately formed on her face.

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun."

"I know." He says a little too excited but then realizing.. "Um I mean I've heard Donghae-ssi called your name before."

"Ah.. you're right. What major do you take?"

"Business Administration, I'm freshman. What about you?"

"Oh! Donghae is majoring in Business Administration too. I'm studying Law. So, we are your sunbae by two years." 

Donghae clears his throat again for God knows how many times today. He is feeling a little irritated by the sudden warm conversation between the two of them. He grabs Kyuhyun's drink even though he knows that Kyuhyun doesn't like it when someone touches his drinks. Ignoring Kyuhyun's wide eyes, Donghae opens the bottle and drinks it wholeheartedly. At least it would soothe his dry throat and dry heart.

"umm Kyuhyun-ssi.." Yoona calls him softly, hesitating about what she will ask.

"ne?"

"Instead of sunbae, c-can I call you Oppa?"

Donghae is spitting up the water he drinks and choking blatantly.  All eyes now on him.

"That's what you get for drinking what's mine." Kyuhyun mutters on the side.

"Donghae-ssi, are you okay??" Yoona asks, the only person who is concerned about him in the car.

Donghae-ssi. That word stabs him. Yoona knows him before Kyuhyun but she never asked him about that 'oppa' thing. He feels disheartened.

"n-ne, I'm okay Yoona-ssi. thanks."

After the commotion Donghae made, the car falls in silent again.

Yoona is now pouting, she still hasn't gotten the answer from Kyuhyun but she feels embarrassed to ask about it again. She decides to just wait until Kyuhyun remembers about it later.

When an idea pops up in her head.

"Donghae-ssi, can I call you Oppa too??" She asks him so Kyuhyun will remember about it.

"Me??" Donghae's mood finally gets better. "of course! I would be so happy."

"Ah I almost forget. Of course you can call me Oppa Yoona-ssi." Kyuhyun finally realizes what he has forgotten.

Yoona pumps her fist secretly, she bites her lips to hold her huge smile that's about to come out.

"Then Oppas, just call me Yoona. You can drop the honorific."

"Okay, Yoona-ah!" Both Kyuhyun and Donghae say at the same time. They look at each other then laughing. Soon, Yoona laughs too.

Despite all the laughs, Krystal still keeps her silent this whole ride. Completely ignoring the world.

"Krystal-ssi, you should call me Oppa too." Kyuhyun asks her.

Krystal just rolls her eyes. "Don't even think about it. I would never."

"Great. So you can call me just Kyuhyun, I will call you just Krystal." Kyuhyun decides by himself, knowing she would never agree.

Krystal immediately glares at Kyuhyun just to realize that he has been staring at her from rearview mirror all this time.

"Don't just decide by yourself!" Krystal snaps. 

"Well, you didn't give me any choice or should I call you Soo Jung? Soo Jung-ah sounds nice." Kyuhyun nods to himself.

"Whatever." Krystal ignores him again, or pretty much everyone and looks out the window again.

"by the way, what's your major Soo Jung-ah?" Kyuhyun asks just for the sake of bothering her. 

"Modern Dancing." Krystal answers simply. She knows he won't stop bothering her if she doesn't answer.

"Oh.." Kyuhyun smiles in satisfaction.

Donghae also feels like he is winning a lottery tonight.

Meanwhile.. Yoona's smile can't be seen anymore.

 

 

They finally arrive in front of the girls' house..

"Thanks." Krystal says and quickly goes in even before Kyuhyun can answer. Well, he kinda gets usual with her being like that.

Yoona still stands outside the car awkwardly.

"Sorry about her, she is just... like that." she shrugs apologetically.

"It's okay, I've already known." Kyuhyun says. He really doesn't feel bad about that, since he had ever been shouted by her before. Simple 'thanks' from her is good enough.

"Yoona-ssi.. ah no no, Yoona-ah you should go in too, you might catch a cold." Donghae tells her, wishing she hears his concern for her in that simple sentence.

"Ne.. I'm just going to see you off Oppa. Thank you for taking us home." Donghae's smile gets huge as he hears the word 'Oppa' from her.

"No problem at all! We can even drive you home everyday, right Kyu?"

"Of course!" Kyuhyun grins at her. Yoona just smiles, kinda worried if she is seen too obvious.

After waving at each other, they finally drive off.

That night, Yoona stops in the front of Krystal's room. After just standing and hesitating there for a while, she finally knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" Krystal shouts from the inside.

"Me. Open the door."

After a minute, the door is opened. Revealing Krystal's stern face. "What do you want?"

"Do you like Kyuhyun?" Yoona gets to the point. 

Krystal just scoffs. Now she understands the reason of her sweet attitude before.

"Are you crazy? of course not."

"Don't forget what you just said and don't change your mind either." Yoona somewhat threatens her.

"I won't." Krystal says confidently.

"Great. Then.. Good night, sis." Yoona says sarcastically and walks away.

Krystal goes back to her room, slamming the door shut behind her then leaning back against the cold wall. Slowly she slumps down until she reaches the floor, just sitting there with her knees tuck up to her chest.