Chapter 2

Wipe Your Eyes

 

Another Angel


The two best friends stare at her. How she gets down from her bike, and then flips her hair. It looks like a slow motion, for them that is.

"You are right.. it's her." Donghae finally speaks dreamily.

"of course I'm right.." Kyuhyun replies, still staring at her.

"Yah! Go now! Before she's gone again!" Donghae reminds him when he sees the girl walks farther from them.

Kyuhyun just gets back to his sense and immediately running to her. but suddenly he stops just a few steps behind her, doesn't know what to do. He scratches his head and looks back to Donghae.

Kyuhyun makes this "what to do, hyung?" face.

Donghae replies with "go get her stupid!" face. With fist pumps up in the air, trying to encourage him.

Kyuhyun gulps, his heart is pounding so loud. He never feels like this before. He extends his hand and pulls it again. It keeps going for a few times that makes Donghae who watches faraway feeling so frustrated.

Come on Cho Kyuhyun! You are a man! He tries to encourage himself.

Finally he pats her shoulder. "Che-chesonghamnida..."

The girl glances at him strangely. Her eyebrows already make a straight line. She doesn't look too happy about this.

woah. she looks prettier up close. He tells himself as he stares at her again. It's good enough he is not drooling.

"Do i know you?" she asks him straightforwardly. The sound of her voice clearly says that she is annoyed.

"Oh no! I don't think you know me and that's why I want to know you!" He says nervously and all jumpy.

"What?" Her tone is now one octave higher. "Sorry, I'm busy." she walks away, leaving him.

"W-wait!" He stands in front of her, preventing her from walking farther.

"what is it?!" She is definitely annoyed by now. She has this killer aura around her that makes Kyuhyun gulps and thinks if this is a good idea.

"My name is Cho Kyuhyun!" He doesn't know what to say or what to do, and the best idea that comes up in his head is just introducing himself.

"So?" She folds her arms whilst looking at him without even blinking. If it's possible.

damn. she is grumpy. that's not fit with that pretty face,  he thinks. but somehow that makes her much more attractive in his eyes.

"Uh.. what's your name?"

She rolls her eyes. "What if I don't want to tell you? now get lost!" she walks away again from him.

Kyuhyun looks again at donghae, mouthing 'hyung, what to do now??'

Donghae is now flapping his arms that can be translated as 'keep going! don't let her go!!'

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and runs to her again, now blocking her way.

"Then... what if.. I won't go?" He asked timidly. 

Krystal is on her edge now. She blows her bangs and takes a breath.

"What do you want?"

"Your name." he smiles brightly as he can feel she starts giving in.

"If I tell you, will you stop bothering me?"

"I won't!" for now.

"Krystal. Now, go away. Don't follow me." She walks again, faster this time.

"Wait!!" he blocks her again. "you are not lying, are you? that is.. kind of unusual name."

"you know, if you keep pestering me, I'm going to really pissed off right now."

"no! don't! okay Krystal! Your name is Krystal, so beautiful. just like you.." He grins innocently.

Krystal is frowning. "Go away." she snaps and quickly leaving him.

This time, Kyuhyun doesn't follow her. He just looks at her back and sighs. He knows it won't be easy but he will definitely not give up.

Just you wait Krystal-shi!! You will fall for me eventually.

 

***

 

Later in the afternoon, at the university cafeteria...

"Look! They are coming!"

Yoona who is busy reading looks up. "who?"

"You don't know them? really?" her friends ask her.

That's why she asks, duh. "um no.. are they popular?"

"they are the most popular guys in this university. Well, all of them are coming from wealthy family and of course handsome! They are perfect"

Yoona looks at the so called popular guys. Yeah, they are all handsome, but that is it. She doesn't see anything more from them. Since, she is coming from wealthy family herself, popular and beautiful too. she knows how that feels to be like that and there's more to it than meets the eye. There's more than what people see in the surface.

Nothing in this world is perfect. Just like what she sees in herself. Many people tell her that she is perfect and has everything. They just don't know. And so, she doesn't think that they are that great. Moreover, how they look like they own the world makes her despises them more.

Shrugging it off, she starts reading again, ignoring her friends who talks about how rich Siwon, how handsome Sungmin, or how cool Eunhyuk, and so on and so forth.  Yoona just secretly rolls her eyes at them.

"It's Kyuhyun Sunbae!"

"how cute, he is running like little kid"

"he is with Donghae Sunbae!"

"Those two really can't be separated from each other haha."

Yoona gets curious of the two new guys who just come because her friends talk more excitedly than before. She looks at the table where all that guys gather. and she sees someone who she doesn't see before. Her friends are right.

He is cute. When he smiles, we can see all of his teeth. When he laughs, his eyes is closed. She sees as he steals his friends' food innocently even though now they are angry at him but he just grins at them, like a little kid. Now, his mouth is full of foods. She chuckles at that. She doesn't realized, she has stared at him for a long time and she wants to keep staring at him as long as she can.

Seems like, she won't get tired of it. Ever.