Off to the park

When Pigs Fly

YOUR POV

 

"What's up, you look ticked off about something." L said as I dug into my coffee crumb pancakes. I dunno how, but he was able to see right through me. The thing is, I don't really know why I felt irritated at he moment, but I did... So I made up an excuse.

"Oh I'm not ticked off, I just can't believe I had to wait 17 years to eat pancakes this delicious. I can die satisfied now" I stupidly said, gladly L bought my bluff.

"Yeah, these really are the best. No one can beat Ash's pancakes." He said

"You seem really close, how long have you guys known each other?" I ask

"Ashley and I go way back. In fact, I've known her longer than Dongwoo hyung has." He said. "When I was young, my parents were out a lot because of business, so I would stay with my mom's friend and her family occasionally. My mom's friend is Ashley's mom. She was basically an older sister to me."

"Oh jjinja? Wow, I didn't know. So you too must know a lot about each other..." I say

"Yeah, actually Ashley was my first love. I had the biggest crush on her since I was like 7. But Ashley always loved Dongwoo hyung, and eventually I realized that I could never win her over." Myungsoo said. All of a sudden I felt really fidgety and uncomfortable. What's going on with me...

"So do you still love her?" I venture

"Of course" he said. "But I love her like a noona and nothing more. She's like a sister, someone to give me advice and smack me on the head when I do something wrong. I couldn't possibly love her romantically, after all, Dongwoo hyung and her and made for each other." I smile at his words. I don't know why, but I feel relieved at his words. I finish my pancakes and get out my wallet to pay for my food as the waiter comes by.

"What the hell are you doing?" Myungsoo says noisily.

"... Paying for my food?"

"You do realize that I'm paying for you right?" He said

"No no no. I can pay, you're already doing so much for me by letting me stay in the clubhouse, I don't want to be a burden for you. After-all, it's not like this is a date"

"Of course it's a date. When a guy, me, and a girl, you, go out to eat then it's called a date. Don't be stubborn and let me pay. My reputation will go down if you pay..." He said plainly. Aigoooo everything revolves around his reputation. I finally give in and let him pay.

As we are about to leave, Ashley stops us to say bye.

"Anneyong! Come again soon, noona misses you Myungie. And that you for coming Ah Na, I would love to become friends with you!" She then whispers into my ear "oh, by the way, Myungsoo has a heart shaped birthmark on his left cheek, hehe"

I can help but snort, loudly laughing. Myungsoo look at my quizzically, but I just shake my head and laugh even more. He then drags me out of the diner as I wave goodbye to a smiling Ashley. We get in the car and put on our seatbelts.

"So where do you wanna go?" He said.

"Go? Go where? Aren't you gonna drop me home?" I reply

"Naaaa, not yet. I'll just get bored later, lets do something."

"Alright, I'm down for that. Company is always better anyways." I say and smile and Myungsoo who returns the favor. Truthfully, he really is a nice guy once you break through that cold "L" barrier. He has a lot more depth to his soul than he shows. "Let's go to a park" I suggest

"Alright, there's one not too far from here, lets go there." We drive in sweet silence in his convertible with the top down and the radio playing; it takes about 5 minutes to get there. When he parks the car and looks over to me and bursts out laughing.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask

"Your hair! It looks like a birds nest!" He laughs, clutching his stomach. When I look into the mirror, behold I see the craziness called my hair sitting atop my head. I gasp and try to fix the hair that was tangled up by the wind. Soon enough I feel another pair of hands on my head pulling my locks free. Sure enough Kim Myungsoo is brushing out my hair with his hands, still laughing at my hair frenzy. My heart skips another beat...

"Thank you, that was really embarrassing..." I say.

"Why? It's just me, no need to be embarrassed around me." He said smiling a Myungsoo smile, not an L smile. It really IS a nice smile, no wonder he is so popular with the girls... Anyways, we get out of the car and walk by kids playing on a jungle gym.

"Ah! Can we go on the swings? Please? I always see this in dramas, I wanna go on the swings!" I plead, attacking with my puppy dog eyes.

 

L's POV

 

Seriously... She wants to go on the swings? She's not a kid anymore, I mean sure shes tiny and all, but still...

"You really wanna?" I ask cautiously...

"Yupp!" She said with glistening big eyes. How am I supposed to say no to that? I walk with her to the swings defeated. She plops down on the leftmost swing and I stand behind her to push her.

"Why do you want to go on the swings so much?" I ask as I give her a big startoff push

"Well going on the swings is my fondest memory with my mom." She says."You see, life was really hard for us. It was always just me and my mom, so she had to provide for both of us. My mom never got to go to college so she could never get a high paying job. Instead she would work 2-3 jobs in order to pay our rent, get food, clothes, and send me to school. In turn for her always working, I would do housework like some cooking and all of the cleaning, but she would always show me so much love. Every Saturday she would take me to the park and we would play on the swings for hours. Those were the happiest times of my life. Because of that, I have a special connection with swings like these." She said with a smile on her face. She's so strong I think to myself.

"What about your father?" I ask, but soon regret.

"I don't have one now and I never did. My mom was when she was 16 and gave birth to me when she was 17. When she refused to abort me, her parents disowned her. Apparently my grandparents were really wealthy people who were well known in society. They feared word would get out that they had a pregnant teenage daughter. To this day I don't know who my grandparents or my father are. But thats why my mom alled me her Destiny, because she felt it was her blessed destiny to bring me into this world. Quite an interesting life I live right?" She said and looked back at me.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." I apologize.

"No, it's quite alright. I wanted to tell you, not many people know. Only Jieun Minzy and Ailee know." She said and smiled at me and then jumped off the swing. She spread her arms wide and the wind blew against her, making her look like shes flying. Then she continued saying...

 "Don't feel sorry for me. I'm not sorry. I wouldn't trade my memories with my mom for anything. Nor would I trade the hardships, because its those hard times that molded me into the person I am today. I just have been molded more than most people. Its just a little lonely at times" She turned around fully and smiled at me. The sun shone so bright around her, so much that I couldn't see her face. The light died down and I saw her eyes rimmed with water, streaking down her cheeks... But she was still smiling.

My feet moved on its own and I walked to her, pulled her into me, and wrapped my arms around her as I felt her tears staining my shirt.

 

 

 "You dont have to be lonely any longer"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  Ello dere ma dearies. (hehe).  How is everyone doing. Im back with a nother update. The updae from yesterday was short so I'm giving you all another one today >,<. Anywhooo, I hope you all liked this chapter! Even though its kinda sad ;(. 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! Thank you! I love you all <33333 Baii

~Bexxx <333