Love at first...collision?

Violin Sonata

 

‘I’m late for class!’ I sprinted forward faster. This was probably the fifth time I got to engulfed in my playing that I didn’t realize it was time for my next class already.

“Mr. Lau no running along the hallway please,” A professor said as I passed by him. “I’m sorry!” but he probably didn’t hear me anymore. Checking my watch again, 10:18 a.m. Ugh!

The stairs were finally in view…. Just one more floor! I hate it when your classroom is somewhere at the 3rd or 4th floor. My poor violin case bounced up and down as I pushed my feet harder on the steps of the staircase. Nearly slipping on one step, I immediately got my balance by holding on the railing and climbed up faster. One more turn!

As I made my way to the last curve, I accidentally collided into a young female sending us down to the floor, me over her. I immediately used my elbows to stop me from falling on her. It ached…a lot! Plus the added weight from the violin case made it harder to hold myself up with my arms.

“I’m so sorry,” I opened my eyes; the girl was staring at me. I wondered why when I realized that I was on top of her and our faces were almost touching! Her warm breathe I could feel on my cheeks.

“U-uh…,”  she murmured. It was then that I realized too that our position was very very awkward. Thank goodness there was no professor around, better that there were no students.

I pushed myself away and stood up quickly; helping her up too. When I held her hands to pick her up, I felt a weird spark run up my spine…it was not a bad spark…it made my heart beat faster.

The girl brushed her pants and combed her hair tidy with her fingers. I on the other hand stared at her while she did it…woah…dude that’s so weird.

“I’m sorry,” I pathetically said once again. She smiled cutely and tucked her short hair behind her ear. “It’s okay Henry,” she looked at her watch and her expression became worried. “Oh I have to go,”

I tried to mumble out “what’s your name,” but I just said “W-ww-w” Smooth Henry Lau~!



 

“Yo Henry!” A voice surprised Henry as he was practicing his violin piece at the garden of Berklee. But Henry made no response and continued on playing. Amber hop-skipped towards Henry and punched him lightly on the shoulder causing him to make a annoying screeching sound with his bow on the strings.

“Amber!” He said stomping his feet on the ground. Amber threw her head back and laughed loudly; a lot of students looked at them as they passed by. Henry creased his brows. “Sorry,” Amber wiped some tears that formed around her eyes because of too much laughing.

“Hey want to eat?” she said. Henry shook his head and emphasized the violin in his hands. Amber nodded and just sat down on the cemented chair beside him. Henry tucked the violin under his chin and began playing again, starting from where he was cut off.

“Yo Sulli~!” Amber began calling/annoying someone else now. Sulli stopped and looked around, wondering where her name came from. After she saw amber, she smiled and walked up to her.

Henry POV

Amber began hitting me on my arm again. I stopped in time before I made another embarrassing screeching sound. “what is it now?” I said a bit annoyed already.

Looking up, there was a Korean girl walking towards us. I smiled and went back to my violin practice.

Their conversation with each other was blurred in my ears and only the notes that were created from my violin echoed in my ears. Slowly, the music engulfed me into a sort of trance that I think I was not alive anymore.

Only a sweet voice woke me up and then..

cccrrreeeeiiiiii….”

My bow slid down my violin causing a loud screeching sound. Amber and the Korean girl covered their ears.

“Henry what the?” Amber stood up. It was weird of me to get a note wrong…something as easy as Do.

But I couldn’t help myself. There standing near a pillar was the girl I bumped into earlier. My arms fell beside me and I was staring again.

Amber POV

“So what…” Our conversation was broken off when Henry suddenly made a weird annoying ear piercing sound.

“Henry what the?” I looked at him, was he sick or something? Did he see a ghost somewhere? But he was staring ahead. I followed his gaze, realizing that he was staring at one Korean girl standing near a pillar. Wait isn’t that…

“Ah Sulli!” The girl said and jogged up to us. I stepped somewhere beside Henry ready to catch him if he fainted or something. From outside it looked like his breathing stopped as he looked at the girl.

Sulli hugged her. “Bye Amber,” she waved at me and they walked away.

I waited for them to go far before I started laughing “Omona Eottokhae , Henry Lau is in love?!”  

Henry POV

Amber didn’t stop teasing me till dismissal time. Most of her teases were ‘Henry is growing up!’ or ‘Are you sure I am with the Henry Lau I knew since I was a child?’ It kind of annoyed me … or I think I’m annoyed.

I stared at the floor as we walked out the building. Finally Amber kept quiet and just walked beside me without opening .

I raised my head. I pulled Amber’s sleeve and pushed ourselves behind the trash bin. Amber was like ‘dude what’s wrong with you?’ mode and was looking angrily at me.

Sorry Amber but I can’t um.... slowly crept out. She’s gone…damn it.

“Why don’t you just go up to her and talk to her?” she said standing up and straightening her black skinny jeans.

“Are you crazy? I don’t want to make a fool out of myself and start murmuring again,” I’ve looked like a fool once already.

Amber groaned. “Coward,”

“I’m not a coward…I’m…just! I’m not a coward,”