Chapter 9 - The Broken Promise

Gang Life

Flashback - when Risa and Minzy is still couple

 

RIsa once again came home wounded. Minzy is treating her wounds.

"Ouch. WHat was that for?" Risa asked after getting hit by Minzy on one of the bruised spot.

"Do you know whenever you go out, I always pray you won't come back like this?" Minzy said sounds frustrated.

"Babe, that's what I do... I'm in a gang okay. Please understand." Risa held her hand and pleaded.

Minzy stayed quiet. 

Suddenly Minzy had a serius look, "Promise me, today is the last day you will ever fight." Minzy really meant what she said. Her tone tells it.

"WHAT?" Risa is shocked with the sudden proposal.

"PROMISE ME or I'll leave!!!" Minzy said and stood up. Risa held her wrist and said "Fine. I promise. I know it hurt you more to see me bruised everyday. Can't I fight for self-defense? What if enemies attacked me?"

After some thoughts, Minzy agreed on it. "Only for self-defense."

But after the two broke up, RIsa no longer have only bruises. She even has wounds and cuts and blood dripping. Not only that, she also attacks her enemies even when the enemy tries to stay out of trouble, RIsa will attack them unneccessarily.

 

END

 

CL is being treated in the ward. OFcourse, Minzy's heart hurts to see her mother laying there filled with bandages like a mumia.

Minzy wanted to shout OMMA!! HANG IN THERE!!!!" but she can't because nobody knows their relationship other than Jay. Bom thought that they are sisters, so is the other members in the SaberFangs.

Minzy kept crying at the sight of her mother while Jay is hugging her while rubbing her back soothing her.

"Shhh... she's strong.. She'll recover." Jay said. On the other side seeing them is the best assets trio in SaberFangs; Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin.

"Hmph! Jay always does that to me. She said she won't do that to strangers." Jiyeon pouted.

"Aigoo Jiyeonie is jealous." Eunjung .

"I am not. She broke her promise." Jiyeon stomps her feet like a dniosaur.

"Eunjung and Hyomin giggled at that sight. "This girl may be grown up but her dinosaur style is still there." Hyomin commented making Jiyeon puffs her cheeks and crossing her arms across her chest.

"Don't be jealous Jiyeonnie. You know she didn't exactly broke her promise." Suddenly Bom who was watching them from the back commented.

Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Hyomin looked at Bom in confused.

Looking at their expression, Bom knows they don't get a word she said. So she explained, "She said she'll only do it to the person close to her and not strangers.. Well, Minzy is already close to her. So it's not counted as she broke her promise. Just shrug it off and be friends with Minzy." Bom taps few times on Jiyeon's shoulder.

"Great, even Bommie is on her side." Jiyeon muttered. Hyomin and Eunjung shaking their heads beside Jiyeon.

 

 

SaberFangs Emergency Meeting

"I can't stand Risa much longer. I really wish to kill her!" Jay said.

"Calm down, Jay. Violent doesn't solve anything." --Bom

"Violent doesn't solve anything... Tell that to Risa of the Insiders.She is the one who attacked us first. Now she found out our new hideout. Just how many times are we suppose to move? And most importantly, HOW MANY MEMBERS SUPPOSE TO BE LAYING IN THE HOSPITAL?! Eunjung had once, Jiyeon had twice, But thanks to their speedy recovery for eating a lot. Now Minzy's om---"  Minzy nudged Jay before spitting out some secrets.

"Er... I mean Minzy's UNNI!!!" Jay corrects herself. 

"I know I know. But what can we do?"Bom asked as usual munching her corns that is newly served.

"EIther the soft way or the hard way." Jay said.

"Which is...?" --Bom.. Now everyone had their attentions on Jay.

"Soft Way, truce agreement like the United Nations. We can be United Gangs. Hard way, we launch Gang War that will make history. Whoever loses, get lost and winners gets all the territories the loosers have and may choose to kill the loosers or let them live but ban them forever from the country." --Jay said.

Everybody's jaw dropped. Coz the whole gang, Jay is always the cool and calm ones.. But now clearly she is pissed off.

"I'll give you a week to come up with it. BUT if there is anyone else laying in the ward before that, I'll smash the Insider's hideouts to bits without a warning/" Jay warned and was about to leave but she stopped at her track when 3 person came in.

"Hang on, Jay. What have I told you about violence before?" one of them said.

"Violence don't solve anything, try to solve everything without violence." --jay said half-heartedly.

"Good you still remember my teachings. But look at you now. Not applying it?" the same girl said.

"Qri-unni, I can explain." Jiyeon tried to explain on Jay's behalf knowing Jay is as quiet as Qri. But Qri showed her plam signalling "stop."

"I believe Jay can speak for herself." --Qri

"The Insiders attacked our old base. Risa hurted Jiyeon twice, Eunjung once and I once. I don't want to see anymore of us in there" Jay said while pointing to the door acces to the ward CL is in. Qri can feel her determination. 

Jay and the rest was shocked looking at Qri. Because Qri suddenly smiled and pulled Jay into a hug.

"You're my favourite student I've ever trained. I'll talk to the Insider's RIsa personally. Maybe I can find out why is she attacking us even when we don't attack them. Until then, don't do anything stupid." Qri said in a gentle tone.  Jay just nodded.

"Soyeon-ah, what's that bag behind you?" Suddenly Bom asked breaking the silent atmosphere.

"Boram bought it on our way here. She said she want to have a snack party with you." Soyeon said withe Boram nodding beside her while showing many big packets of snacks in a big plastic bags.

 

Jay noticed Minzy had her head hanging low but tried not to asked. Well, since her mother is in the ward.

"You know, what Risa is doing now, caused by me." Minzy suddenly said. Bringing all attentions on her including Bom and Boram's that were previously happily cheering because of snacks.

Then, Minzy gulped nervously, every sat around her and she starts telling her story.

 

"I knew Risa when we were training to use weapon. She is always violent but was never this aggressive to killing or hurting others. ...............................................................................................We had an agreement taht she will only fight for self-defense purposes. So we became couple for many years. Nearly 10 years coming. But I broke up with her on our 10th year anniversary. Perhaps because of that, she became violent and aggressive for hurting others." 

 

"Right so because her heart hurts, she literally hurt others to release her dissatisfactions? This kid is PURE COMPLICATED!" Boram commented half munching her snacks.

 

----------------

That night......

*BANGS!!!!!!*

"What the heck?!" --Jay startled and got off from bed after equipting her weapons. With her is Jiyeon, Eunjung and Qri.

The four ran out of the base and hjoined by the others seconds later only to catch a view of destroyed fields at their sight.

 "THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" Jay suddenly yelled and was about to run out from the building but Qri stopped her.

"Master Qri."

"I'll talk to them." Qri offered and walked out and called Risa.

Risa face to face with Qri.

"Oh, so now you asking your master to discipline me? PUAHAHA. You're pathetic" Risa said in a cocky manner which made Jay wanting to choke her but Qri had her arm out stopping Jay from going further.

Jay can only be patient by stomping her foot hard on the ground to release her anger.

"You'll be digging a hole there later." Risa snickered.

"Let's have a win-win situation here..........................." Qri offered.

 

 

Risa walked home without hurting anyone today. But Qri's words kept playing in her thougts.

"I know you're aggresively violent because of Minzy. So let's settle this once and for all. Tomorrow at SISTAR cafe, 5PM, we'll meet. I'll get Minzy along so talk it over with her. Whatever anger, curiousness you have, ask it all. Perhaps she can state you the reason she breaks up with you and YOU might be satisfied with that and live your own life later." --Qri

 

"Fine! I'm brave enough to face the fact! Let's do this!" Risa said to the air.