Inspire The Uninspired

Cross Path Destiny

 

“Oh~~~ Oh~~ Oh~~…ugh. This isn’t working.” Bom sighed in frustration while holding her guitar. They’ve been at the hospital’s rooftop for hours and she still has not come up with decent lyrics for her friend’s song.

“Can someone remind me why I signed up for this again?”

“Well, aside from loving this cute dongsaeng of yours, you are an awesome songwriter and you want to help the kids in this hospital.” ChaeRin said with a smile.

Bom’s brow furrowed. “Err…and wherever did you get the idea that I can write songs? I’m just a voice teacher.”

“Only from this!” Her friend said after rummaging through her bag. Bom gasped when she saw a high school newspaper suddenly materialize in ChaeRin’s hands. Her face was printed on the very front page under the headline:

 

SOPHOMORE PARK BOM WINS 1ST PLACE IN SONGWRITING COMPETITION

 

“I can’t believe you went through my things again!”

“Whatever Bommie unnie. You already agreed to this and there’s no backing out. I already told the children that there will be a beautiful woman who will be singing for them.”

“Okay first, I’m not beautiful and second, I can’t write this song right now. My mind is blank.” She gave a deep sigh.  “I need inspiration.”

ChaeRin laughed out loud. “Unnie, is inspiration all you need?” The older girl nodded and her teenage friend pointed to the person on the other side of the rooftop. “That sure is going to be one hell of an inspiration.”

Bom let out a soft chuckle. “Okay one, I don’t need a guy to inspire me and two, ChaeRin-ah…you’re crazy. Do not ever go near that guy. Look at him. He could be a coldhearted assassin for all we know.”

“Unnie! No killer would look as hot as he is!”

“But you’re only seeing his profile and not even at a close distance, how can you tell?”

“Well, why don’t we go to him then so you can see him up close? I bet he’ll be hotter when his face is only a few inches from mine.”

This last sentence earned ChaeRin a light slap from her older friend. “You’re being silly again. Let’s just continue with this. Maybe I can now come up with a few verses.”

The object of ChaeRin’s curious gaze then got up after finishing his cigarette. *A/N tell me if should edit this out or not...whether you guys like a smoking TOP or no okie*

 

“Oh! Unnie! Look, he’s leaving! Let’s follow him, please?” ChaeRin said with a pleading voice but being the much stronger girl between the two, begging was not actually needed. She was able to pull Bom up and drag her along with no trouble at all.

 

****************************************

 

“Aaargh. I can’t believe you’re making me do this.” Bom said a little loudly while they were discreetly following the person they have only seen from a distance.

“Ssssh! He might hear us!” Annoyance can be seen on the 20-year-old’s face as she tried to prevent her friend from making any more noise. She was still holding Bom’s hand, forcing her to still continue walking behind the man in a black suit.

“It looks like we’re at the executive’s floor. He must be here to brutally murder the hospital’s CEO.”

“Sssh! This mission will not be aborted no matter what, unnie. And stop with your ridiculous thoughts.” ChaeRin chuckled.

“If he has a gun under that suit of his and decides to kill us, I’d be hiding behind you!”

“Stop it already, unnie. Nothing about him suggests the air of a killer and it’s not like we’re doing anything bad. We just want to see his face up close, that’s all. Ugh. I just wish he would look back and finally show his face to us. Come oooon.”

 

And as if ChaeRin’s words were magic, a nurse came running behind them and called the man’s name.

“Choi sajangnim?” The nurse went past Bom and ChaeRin as she handed papers to the man now known as Mr. Choi. He stepped back and took a good look at the papers he is now holding. He then acknowledged the nurse’s effort and thanked her properly. This allowed the two stalkers to get a glimpse of his face.

 

“Eeeh? He’s Choi SeungHyun! This hospital’s CEO!”

Bom heard that alright but that didn’t matter as what caught her attention was SeungHyun’s eyes.

“Those eyes…how can they be so… attractive?” Her heart started beating fast and she can’t understand why. Her brain was still trying to comprehend the sudden strangeness with her heart’s beating when ChaeRin started running towards him. Bom was not able to move so her friend had to drag her along again.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo! Lee ChaeRin imnida! You can call me ChaeRin or CL if you’re cool!” She then got out of her 90-degree position and continued with a wide grin. “I’m one of the freshman college volunteers taking care of the cancer patients! It’s nice to meet you, sir!” CL said her piece using the loudness only a partially deaf person would appreciate and this made SeungHyun squint his eyes. “What is this girl thinking shouting at me?”

 

Bom unknowingly went nearer, wanting to get a closer look at his face. “Looking at him like this, he’s much more beautiful.”  When she got close enough, she lifted her hand to touch his right cheek. She almost did when the girl on her right side stopped her from doing so. “Unnie, what are you doing?”

 

That took Bom out of paradise and right back to Earth. She was embarrassed by how she acted and it showed on her cheeks. “Anyeonghaseyo…Park Bom imnida.” She said shyly with her head bowed down. “Chwesonghamnida…I didn’t mean to be…weird.” Bom continued, still too embarrassed to actually look up.

 

SeungHyun found this gesture cute so he decided to have a longer conversation with the girls. “You were at the rooftop too, right? By any chance, did you follow me here?”

“Aniyo!” CL snapped, making her guilt more obvious to SeungHyun.

Bom, ever the honest one replied, “Chwesonghamnida. Yes, we were at the rooftop too and we followed you here but we’re not bad people. No we’re not.” She shook her head almost violently.

SeungHyun actually found this funny and laughed a little. Bom’s heart skipped a beat when she heard his laughter. “Don’t worry. No one’s thinking that here. You’re friend is even volunteering for the kid patients, right?”

 

CL jumped excitedly, happy to be part of the conversation again. “Yes sir! And we will be holding a special party for them! Bom unnie here will be singing an original song for the children!”

 

“Really?” He smiled. Bom automatically smiled with him and nodded, all the while unsure of the reason why she is feeling like an insanely infatuated 12-year-old.

“That would be the highlight of the party then. I can’t wait to hear that”, he said still smiling. Bom’s heart is going wild.

“So you’ll be there with us?” CL interrupted.

“Of course. You are not the only ones who care about those kids.”

“Oh great! See you there, president!”

“Yes, see you there.” He said as he politely nodded to both girls. “I have to go now. I still have management issues to deal with.”

 

“Okay.” Both girls spoke at the same time. While CL used her usually happy tone, there was a hint of disappointment in Bom’s voice. This disappointment became even more evident on her face when SeungHyun started walking towards his office.

 

“Unnie? Unnie? Still there?” CL lightly shook the slightly disoriented girl.

“Huh?”

CL laughed softly. “By the look on your face, I’m guessing you already have plans for the song.”

“Ne. It will be ready by tomorrow.” Bom couldn’t help smiling.

“And you initially thought he was a cold-blooded killer.” Bom only laughed along with CL. It’s impossible to say so and she doesn’t want to admit it but this younger girl is never wrong.

 

SeungHyun still heard Bom’s soft laughter even when he’s already a few steps away and he liked hearing it.

 

“So weird…in a cute way. Reminds me of someone.” He smiled at the thought as he proceeded to his office.