Take Me Back Oppa!

Cross Path Destiny

 

(JiYong POV)

 

“I can’t believe I saw her again. You’re finally back, Dara.”

 

“That face”, he said as he chuckled softly, “will never be forgotten. She may have that ridiculously large permed hair on top of her head but I can still see a beauty in my eyes.”

 

**********************************************

 

(Dara POV)

 

“Aaaaaaargh! UNBELIEVABLE! Why should I have the worst luck in the world? Why, oh why???”

It’s already 11 in the evening and SeungHyun just got back from work. Dara is usually asleep during this time so it surprised him to hear her doing her usual monologues an hour before midnight.

 

“You’re talking to yourself again”, SeungHyun said after using a key to open the locked door leading to her sister’s bedroom.

“Waaah! I just locked my room! How did you get in?”

“I used a key, my dear sister. I put one in my keychain for emergencies. In case your alarm clock stops working again.” Dara wanted to laugh at this because this is one of the very few times her brother has displayed some sense of humor but she’s too busy being crazy.

 

“I can’t be in that school, oppa! I’d rather deal with four Barbie dolls than be in school with a certified dork, three more Barbie dolls and the meanest person in the entire planet!!” Dara screamed so loud that it hurt her brother’s ears but it seems like she’s not done yet.

“And did I mention that the really mean person is a guy? He has no manners at all! I bet he is as self-centered and egocentric as his girlfriend!Blah blah blah blah…” Dara continued to rant with the same loudness she used in her first sentences and SeungHyun wanted to hit her with a pillow…or her bed just to make her shut up.

 

 

(TOP POV)

 

 

“Seriously, Dad. When you said protect Dara, did it include listening to her rants about bad boys and mean girls? I’m a freakin’ CEO for God’s sake.”  SeungHyun was about to run out of patience when Dara finally stopped talking. He closed his eyes, opened it again and spoke calmly. “You can’t transfer schools now. No decent university would take you in since entrance exams in all universities in Korea are over. If not for Dad’s chancellor friend, you would still be stuck in your old university.”

“Then take me back there! Pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!” Dara pleaded.

 

It annoyed SeungHyun to hear her beg like this so he chose a route different from what he had in mind in the beginning. “Dara, you’re not transferring again!” He shouted and this surprised Dara. “You’re staying in that school because it is the best arts school in the country and that’s final!”

“But Oppa... you need a doctor to help you run the hospital, right? I’d happily take medicine up after my premed! Just let me go back to my old school, please!” Dara said with eyes almost wet with tears.

The idea of Dara becoming a doctor is indeed tempting but he decided to be consistent and ignored her plea. “Did you talk to your counselor”?

“No. I was too busy hiding from stalkers, angry hot men *puke*…and cloned Barbie dolls.”

SeungHyun heaved his 31st sigh for the last 20 minutes and replied, “You have to talk to him. Maybe he can help you with your situation.”

All Dara could do was stare blankly.

“I have to rest now.” Her brother said coldly as he locked her bedroom door again.

 

****************************

 

Dara did not move an inch for no one knows how long. She knows how scary her brother can be but she didn’t think that he can be that cold. Outside her room, SeungHyun was thinking that maybe his Dad did not mean his promise literally. “Dara should learn how to deal with small matters like these.”

 

*****************************

 

(Yuri POV)

 

“What did you just say? You didn’t just say you’re breaking up with me, did you?”

“You heard it right. Now move.”

 

Yuri is shaking with anger. Her small brain could only take in so much and this is definitely pushing her to her limits. She can’t believe that the hottest stud in K’ARTS, her boyfriend of five months, 15 days and eight hours is breaking up with her. (Yes, she’s shallow like that.) This will surely be an embarrassment on her part.

 

“TAEYANG!”

The person whose name was called just stopped walking but did not look back.

“You’ll regret this! I’ll make sure you do!”

“I don’t care”, said TaeYang and walked to his car.

 

************************************************************

 

Meanwhile......

 

The following morning, Dara, with eyes puffy from last night’s conversation with her brother, gathered all the yins and yangs she could possibly put together just to force herself to still go to school. She’s not smart but she sure got the idea that her oppa wants her to deal with her problems herself.

“If this is his idea of making me stronger, then I’d gladly comply.” She checked herself in the mirror for the last time then went out her room.

 

 

(TOP POV)

 

 

Seeing his sister, SeungHyun totally lost his balance and even dropped the cup of coffee he was holding, spilling hot espresso on his newly ironed shirt. “AISHT! Someone get me a new shirt and clean this mess up! Now!” Normally, Dara would find this funny and brother for being such a klutz but today is not the day for them to build camaraderie. “Forget about the part where I said, I’d gladly comply with what he wants. I’ll just stay in that freakin’ school because I don’t have a choice and I want to prove to him that I can handle my problems without his help.”

 

“I’m leaving. I don’t want to be late”, Dara said and stepped out of their mansion while stomping her feet, making sure her brother hears the loud thuds from her angry feet. SeungHyun heard those alright but what bothered him more was the dress she is wearing.

 

“I can’t believe she’s dressed as Alice…in wonderland.”