The Beginning of an End

Cross Path Destiny

 

(SeungHyun POV)

“Saranghae? Hmm…didn’t expect that.” SeungHyun thought to himself after hearing Dara’s declaration of love. Though he closed the door a little too loudly and his face is obviously plastered with a smug look, the thought of him getting closer with Dara warmed his heart. Other than taking over as CEO of their hospital, there was one more thing his father asked of him before dying of cancer.

 

It is to protect Dara.

 

His father…their father was a world renowned doctor recognized for his almost miraculous feats in saving people’s lives. He was not only a genius in the medical field, he was also a very crafty businessman. In a short span of time, he was able to build his own hospital and managed to turn it into one of the top hospitals in the whole nation. The death of their father drove SeungHyun close to insanity but what really did it for him was the burden of taking charge of the hospital at the age of 18.

 

Thankfully, their family is quite large so there were a bunch of aunts and uncles who helped in keeping things together in both their family and in their business. Their closest uncle, Kush, was the one who managed the hospital while SeungHyun went to college to study business administration. It has only been two years since he took over the large medical institution but SeungHyun has already worked wonders on his father’s legacy. He did not have confidence in himself initially but his achievements convinced him that he got his father’s genes after all. Apparently, it also convinced everyone else to believe in the power of genetics, including Dara.

 

**********************************************************

 

Dara (POV)

 

Realizing that she is still in her pajamas, Dara quickly went to her bathroom for a quick shower. Because her oppa has transferred her to a different school without her knowledge, she still does not have her daily class schedule. Judging from the way SeungHyun acted earlier, though, she is quite sure she only has a few minutes left.

 

Dara knows she should be rushing but she couldn’t help jumping up and down while in the shower. She just can’t believe it! “SeungHyun oppa!!!! You’re an angel after all!” The smile caused by her brother’s news did not leave her face even minutes after it was delivered. Her happiness prevented her from being coherent but she still managed to finish her routine in just ten minutes.

 

Looking in the mirror, she remembered that night when she heard about that promise. “Seems like he still remembers it”, Dara said with a smile that will probably be seen on her face for the rest of the day. Because of all the feel-good hormones running around inside her body, she did not even mind that her hair looks like the mess that it usually is.

 

“At least, what I’m wearing is good enough to impress my new classmates.”

Satisfied, Dara rushed to their dining room for breakfast only to be startled by her oppa’s weird face. Well, his face is not actually weird. It was the look on his face that made Dara think twice about her chosen outfit for the day. “Whatever. It’s too late to go back to my room and change now.” Dara’s brain seemed to have spoken aloud because SeungHyun immediately looked down and proceeded reading the morning paper. This convinced Dara that it is safe to sit beside him without feeling that much of a loser.

 

“You still have an hour before your first class starts.” SeungHyun took a piece of paper and handed it to Dara. Trying so hard to focus on pretending to read the morning paper, SeungHyun didn’t notice the annoyed look on Dara’s face. “He wanted me to hurry up when my class does not start until 9? Unbelievable. This guy is unbelievable!”  Dara screamed just inside her head, afraid to piss her brother off.

 

“Here’s the list of all your subjects for this semester. Since K’ARTS is entirely different from your previous university, none of your subjects have been credited.”

“So, I’m a freshie again?” Dara asked and SeungHyun nodded.

“Oh.” There was a hint of disappointment in her voice because she worked hard to pass all those subjects. It really is a pain that she does not have her father and her brother’s smarts.

 

Dara heaved a sigh and it bothered her brother. Seeing her like this, SeungHyun pretty much understood why she is being bullied in school. Aside from the fact that she is not very smart, she is also very eccentric in a kind of bad way. Even her clothes spell w-e-i-r-d-o and her hair—ugh, her hair. Just to remind you, they are actually very, very rich. However, with all the money they have in the bank, 18 year-old Dara never managed to get a decent haircut. Not ever.

 

The sight of her sister made SeungHyun automatically make a mental note to go shopping with her and do something about that mess on top of her head once he gets the time…if he gets the time. While he was trying to not look disgusted with the way his dongsaeng is munching the sausages on the table, 15 minutes has passed. Dara should leave for school now if she wants badly to create a good impression.

 

“Go now or you’ll be late.”

The sausages were really nothing special but Dara was so happy, anything she puts in tasted like heaven. (A/N: I had a dirty thought when I wrote this xD) Just when she thought nothing could bring her back to earth, her brother’s words did. “Arasso, arasso. I’ll go now. Chongmal kamsahamnida, oppa! I’ll see you later!”

“Okay then. Make sure to drop by the chancellor’s office. He is a good friend of Dad’s and he wants to meet you.”

 

Dara’s semi-permanent smile even got wider because of what SeungHyun said. “Dad was friends with that school’s chancellor? Omo! It’s the best school ever!” With that, she happily got inside their car determined to finally have a fresh start in her new school. “Good impression…I need to make a good impression. You can do this, Park Sandara. Hwaiting!!”

 

****************************************************

 

 

 

 

(Yuri POV)

 

Oh the scent of popularity. I especially love it when boys still drool over me knowing that my boyfriend is actually better than all of them combined. Even my girlfriends get jealous when they practically treat my words like those of God. In fact, we have our very own Bible and it clearly states there that jealousy should never be present in our friendship. Then again, they can’t help it.

 

**************************************************

 

(Dara POV) 

 

“I’m not late, am I? Ugh. If I’m late, I will forever curse that alarm clock for not working properly and those sausages for tasting so good! I shouldn’t have eaten breakfast!” Dara kept thinking to herself while going down the school’s hallway almost running just to reach her classroom in time. Just then, a bunch of mean girls who are practically clones of the mean girls in her previous school greeted her with much fervor.