The Beginning of an End Part 2

Cross Path Destiny

 

(Dara POV)

 

“Oh Minnie Mouse! We didn’t know you got out of Disneyland! And you had your hair permed? Now you look just like my grandma!” said the lead brunette, Yuri, with that plastic smile Dara knows so well. The two other girls with the same fake blond hair laughed their evil hearts out. She wanted to check whether she really does look like Minnie Mouse with permed hair but that can be done later. “Forget about creating a good impression in the whole school, I should at least manage to make my professors like me by being punctual.” Dara’s brain spoke once again and prompted her to ignore those fake es to go straight to class. Not to be rude, she looked back and shouted, “Nice to meet you, too!” much to the annoyance of the three girls.

 

 (Yuri POV)

 

“Ugh. Manners, anyone?” Another remark came from the resident mean girl’s mouth before speeding up to go to her class, tagging her ever faithful cronies along.

 

 

**************************************

 

(Dara POV)

 

Dara somehow found her way to her classroom and saw how normal-looking her classmates are. “From my understanding, this is an arts school. Shouldn’t the students look a bit more like me?” Occupied with her thoughts again, Dara did not realize that the professor just came in and is now looking at her with wide eyes. Kim Tae Woo has been teaching in K’ARTS for years and has seen all sorts of bizarre clothes and hair styles worn by students but this girl is certainly a first.

 

“Ehem ehem.” *trying hard not to laugh* He cleared his throat to make Dara be aware of his presence and with that, she immediately took the nearest seat to her left. She is practically now burning because of the stares she knows she’s been getting. “It’s my clothes! Ugh. SeungHyun oppa should have said something! Now I’m tempted to add his name to my list of the top people I want to murder, right below the person who started the cloning of living Barbie dolls!”

 

She was trying so hard to concentrate on what Mr. Kim was writing on the board that she failed to notice that the guy sitting on her right is actually sharing the attention being generously given by their other classmates. He has a bowl cut reminiscent of Moe Howard from the Three Stooges. He is wearing a striped top paired with pants filled with polka-dots and suspenders, for Pete’s sake. On top of that, he is wearing the thickest glasses in the world almost covering half of his face.

 

Dara would be surely glad to know that there is someone who looks worse than her in this school but she was busy listening to Mr. Kim’s discussion of the class rules. “No eating inside the classroom? But I always love to eat.”  Random thoughts continued to flood her mind when her phone suddenly vibrated. This startled her so she dropped the pen she was holding in her right hand. She was about to pick it up when someone’s left hand picked it up ahead of her and slipped it on her own…along with a piece of paper.

 

She instinctively checked the guy out and almost puked but what made her almost want to die were the words written in the piece of paper she is now holding:

 

 

I love you.

Will you marry me?

 

-JiYong

 

 

“EEEEEHHH?” Dara said aloud and almost stood up, surprising her classmates even more. Dara can’t believe how much the gods hate her for giving her this kind of fate. And just when she thought things could not be any worse, she heard her professor say that they will be creating their PERMANENT seat plan based on their seating arrangement today.

 

Dara’s world crashed.

 

“Help? Someone please get me out of here.”