Meeting

If We Were To Fall

      The start

 (You)

      I knew this day would eventually come.

My heart sank as I heard my fathers words.

"JiEun-na, I found someone who you will marry," he said, there was no trace of emotion in his voice.

" Yes Appa" I replied.

He didn't have to explain why, because I already knew. But sometimes I forget that these things ever happened.

How one company ties a contract with the other... is through marriage.

I know because it is how my parents came to be together.

It slips my mind how it can also happen to me. Maybe because I have this hope that it will never happen.

In this day and age, one can question why this still happens, why I can't just run away or say no...

but there are reasons....

I fought to hold back my tears, as my father continues on about his plans.

I thought of my mother, how she felt when she heard these exact words from her own father... how she must have felt.

But I don't know, I never knew and I never will. After all It was me that killed my mother, I killed her when she gave me life.

I killed her when she gave birth to me.

At the age of 3 I promised to myself that I owe my whole life to my father, I was the one that took away his wife, I needed to repay him for everything. 

" I arranged a meeting a week before the engagement party, you will meet him then"  he said,

" It was a last minute proposal, we are lucky they agreed to merge, our company is not exactly at it's finest, I'm sure you'll know how to act."

I nodded in reply.

"Don't dissapoint me, you may go now." he ended not looking up from the papers he was signing.

" Yes appa" I said quietly. I left the office and headed to my room. 

There I cried myself to sleep.

Just like every night. but now I cried for myself.

 

the Meeting

(Wooyoung)

                   "Mr. Jang right this way" the waitress led me to the where my so called fiance was sitting.

I sighed, I'm surprised she's still here, I am already 30 mins late.

After reaching a seperate room outside the main restaurant the waitress said smilling "She's right inside." and opens the door.

I went in and the door closed behind me loudly which startled the girl a bit, I bowed and Introduced myself,

"Hello, My name is Jang Wooyoung, nice to finally meet you" 

"Nice to Meet you, Wooyoung-shi, my name is Lee JiEun"

There was an awkward silence and we both sat down.

I cleared my throat quietly, "Have you been waiting long?"

" Aniyo, Um I just got here"

"Oh thats good"

Finally the Chef came and introduced himself and our Dinner arrived.

We both ate silently, Part of me was glad that it was her. She seemed different from most of the girls I've had to deal with.

Most of them liked to talk about themselves, and seemed unintelligent. After our meal we talked a little about each other, but mostly about the companies.

As we left the restaurant, I saw a guy holding a camera inside a car on the corner of my eye, It was probably one that my father paid to take pictures of JiEun and I. Making it seem like we were really dating, therefore triggering some news articles,making it seem that the marriage was real.

It was a really smart move to cover up the ridiculous arranged marriage. Specially since our company is one of the highest ranking companies right now. So I looked at JiEun and smiled, wrapped my fingers around her, I could feel that she tensed up.

The valet attendant handed me my keys and I opened the door for her "I'll take you home" This time she finaly noticed the guy with the camera. The drive was silent, i guess we both had a lot on our minds.

I didn't know how to tell her, but i was doing this for the future of the company, for my loyalty to the Jang family.

I tried not to think of the marriage, I know I will be busy by the time the merging finalizes. I probably won't even see her. It will be okay. Time was precious and this was an opportunity to grow, that's all.

It was nothing to me.

 

end of chapter 1

hope you liked it so far, i had a hard time writing the beginning

originally i thought of the events after the wedding instead of what happens before so yeah -_-

this is kinda like the filler

i hope its still ok (: