25

The Idol Who Waited For The Fan Girl [SEQUEL]

 

25 – The Best Gift

All of CUBE Entertainment’s singers were given a day off since according to their CEO, they’ve worked more than enough for the past few months.

It was the 13th of February—a day before Valentines’ day.

Hyuna decided to pay BEAST a visit in their dorm and all the boys were surprised to see her in front of their dorm visiting them in the ‘early morning’ which is actually around twelve noon.

Gikwang just got out of their room to grab a breakfast since he just woke up. He stayed late last night playing the computer causing him to wake up later than usual.

When he got out of his room, he was also surprised to see Hyuna in their dorm with her seated on their couch and her slim legs on the table, eating the fruits that were served which Gikwang thought that those fruits were really brought by her here in their dorm and for her to eat.

“Gikwang oppa, fruits?” She offered the sliced apple but Gikwang rolled his eyes at the back of his mind. “No thanks. I’d rather starve than eat something that is from you.”

It was embarrassing for Hyuna’s part and even if she was embarrassed, she didn’t let them notice it. She knows that she needs to play the ‘good girl’ role in front of Junhyung to make him totally hers.

Gikwang went to the kitchen to grab some water and a bowl of cereal, but to his luck, the other members have eaten the box of cereals already. *Aish, what a great thing to start a day!* He frowned, feeling unlucky because of the witch in the house.

 

 

 

Junhyung, on the other hand, seem to be mad about the way Gikwang treated Hyuna.

For him, even though Gikwang hates Hyuna, he shouldn’t act like thay towards her. Hyuna can be a really sometimes but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s a person and she has emotions. She has the right to feel hurt.

For Junhyung, she was still a person who needs to be respected as much as he respects himself.

Junhyung left his seat and followed Gikwang into the kitchen. “Yah, Lee Gikwang. Let’s talk.” He said with a flat tone. “Go on.” Gikwang simply said while pouring the water in his glass. “Look, I know how much you hate Hyuna, but can you please be easy on her? Can’t you act nice in front of her?” He sighed. “I mean, she’s a girl. She’s my girlfriend and she deserves to be respect—“

Gikwang looked at him with piercing eyes and cut his sentence off. “So you’re already admitting to me that she’s really you’re girlfriend and not a virtual one?” Gikwang played with his glass before talking again.

“Now that you’re calling your —I mean your girl as your ‘girlfriend’ without adding the word ‘virtual’, does that mean you don’t care about ___’s feelings anymore?” He paused. “I saw it. I saw the letter that ___ gave you and from the looks of it, you had confessed to her and in that letter she confessed to you. But what are you doing? You’re playing with her heart! You told her that you love her and she told you that she do the same for you. You were lucky that the feelings were mutual but you are wasting he chance! You don’t deserve ___! Go on, chose that over ___!”

Junhyung frowned. He had heard enough. He didn’t like the words coming out from Gikwang’s mouth. He didn’t like the way Gikwang criticized him. He didn’t like the tone of Gikwang’s voice. “Lee Gikwang. May I remind you of your inappropriate words?” Gikwang ignored him and put the bottle back to the fridge.

“Look who’s talking? You’re calling my words inappropriate but you don’t say that playing with the hearts of people, inappropriate?” He smirked. “Just don’t regret choosing that who’s using your fame over the girl that really is caring for you.” He turned his back on Junhyung, ready to leave but he forgot some words to say and turned back again to face him.

“Oh, she’s named Kang _____, in case you have forgotten the name of the girl that I’m mentioning to you.”

Junhyung clenched his fist, wanting to punch Gikwang but he can’t. Instead, he punched the wall as hard as he can that his knuckles bleed a bit. *I would never ever forget ___. She’s the only girl that made my heart skipped a bit and at the same time, made my heart I pain just by looking at her…I…I don’t know how I can make a move on her because there’s Hyuna…With Hyuna, there’s my career and I just can’t let my career go that easily.*

But what the ?

Is his career really that important to him than the girl he loves the most?

Of course the answer of most people would be no.

But at this moment, he doesn’t know what to answer and he don’t have any idea why he couldn’t answer an easy question as that.

 

 

 

 

Gikwang went back to his room to change so that he could go out to have some brunch. Once he was all ready, he went out of his room, headed to the main door of their dorm, shut it close and without a word he left just like that.

 

 

(Gikwang’s POV)

What the hell? Is his career really that important to him that he chose that over ___?! Just because he’s gaining some benefits from Hyuna, he decided to choose her over ___?! It doesn’t make sense—not even a little to me.

As I was walking through the hallway of the building, I heard someone calling out my name. I turned around and saw Dongwoon panting, running towards me. “Hyung! Where are you going?” He asked as he wiped the sweats formed on his forehead. “Just somewhere. Originally, I was going to have my brunch but then I thought that it’s going to be valentines’ day tomorrow, so I thought of buying ___ a gift for valentines.”

The maknae just looked at me. “”Wae?” I asked. “Isn’t Valentines’ day a day for us? I mean girls were supposed to give us chocolates, gifts…not the other way around, right?”

Oh right. Valentines’ day here in Korea is well known as ‘girls-giving-gifts-and-confession-to-the-guy-she-likes’ day but not in my world. I’d change that tradition by confessing to her again tomorrow.

I smiled at the maknae. “Heh, I like changes Woonie~ Ey, aren’t you going to give someone a gift for this valentines?” I asked and guess what? He blushed! HHAHAHHAHHAH.

So blushing by that question means a ‘yes’ right?! I grinned at him wondering who the ‘unlucky girl’ is. “So Woonie, do you want to come so that you could buy a gift for your girl?” Still blushing, he nodded.

I reached for his head since err…yeah, he’s taller and I began to ruffle his hair. “Aigooo! My dongsaeng is growing up!” I teased.

To the mall we go! Hmmmmmmm, what do you think will be the best gift for my ____????