Chapter VIII

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

 

A/N: I can't really tell the exact events that are happening while they were taping WGM, just some scenes. So if it felt like I'm skipping from one scene to another, it means they were taping some scenes that you usually see on WGM....

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After the first taping, which includes many outtakes since Mara can't really concentrate, they went back to their dressing room and talked it over.

 

"Mara, are you okay back there?" Jiyong asked worriedly. He knew that Mara wasn’t used to these kinds of things, that is why little by little he teaches her stuff. and sometimes, the BIGBANG members call and check on her.

 

"That was so..... nerve wrecking..." she huffed then sat on a chair. Jiyong came near her and patted her shoulder.

 

"Well, at least after 30 takes we finally got it..."

 

"What? 30 takes? Wow! I'm so sorry for troubling you! I know that the moment we got here, the director was scolding you, when he should be scolding me... Sorry..." Mara said as she bows down apologetically. Jiyong shook his head.

 

"No, don't worry about it. I know that you are not used to these kinds of stuff, and I understand that. It was a miracle already that you weren't spazzing so much when you see me. Besides, you're not the real Dara, so I can't let the Director scold you. It's okay to make mistakes, because from those things you learn."

 

Mara looked at Jiyong them smiled.

 

"That's what you said... that made me brave...." she said.

 

"What? You know I'm still figuring out what that is." 

 

"You said that-"

 

"Ms. Dara Shin, I'm sorry, but you have to go get ready for the next scene now. Mr. Kwon, please come with me." a crew said as he enters the room.

 

Mara smiled and shooed Jiyong away, while Jiyong was still scratching his head in wonder.

 

As Mara was thinking deeply, she thought of something.

 

"Oh Shoot! Where am I supposed to stay? I mean, I can't always sleep in BIGBANG's dorm. It's awkward, plus I'm a girl!"

 

After the taping she went near Jiyong and stood there awkwardly.

 

"You know if you want to say something you have to use your mouth and not your feet." he said as he points on Mara's foot, which was stepping on one of Jiyong's. She immediately removed her foot and felt her cheeks redden.

 

"It's... about where I will stay. It's awkward having to see Daesung always in the morning you know." she said. She's been seeing it for 2 days straight, yesterday and this morning.

 

Jiyong laughed at her then ruffled her hair. "This thing's becoming your habit..." Mara thought as she straightens her hair once again.

 

"I know where you can stay." he said, like a bright light flashed above his head.

 

"Where?"

 

"You'll see." he smirked then ran to change. After changing to their normal clothes, the director gave them their schedule.

 

"You're going to film Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as well as Saturday and Sunday, because the other couples are also filming during Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. So during weekends there's a possibility that you're going to run into one."

 

"What about our house? WGM house?" Jiyong asked.

 

"Oh, about that, it seems like the house we bought for the 2 of you was taken already, so you have to wait a month until you 2 can live in your house." the crew said.

 

"Wait, what house?" Mara asked, not knowing what they were talking about.

 

"Are you not from Seoul Ms Shin? Have you lost your memory when you came back to Busan?" the crew asked annoyed.

 

Mara was in the process of slapping the crew when Jiyong interrupted.

 

"Ahahaha that's what I was talking to you about earlier. I'm guessing you didn't understand it." he then pulled her away from the crew.

 

"You're so lucky Jiyong saved you." she whispered as Jiyong pulled her. The crew scoffed then rolled his eyes.

 

When they were much farther away, Jiyong grew frantic.

 

"What the heck was that?! You were about to slap the crew? Don't you know you're worse than Dara?" he said.

 

"What's that Dara's attitude anyway? Why are there so many people that get mad at her?" Mara asked.

 

Jiyong sighed. He didn't want to remember anything about Dara's personality.

 

"She's very very bossy. And.... if I'm not her boyfriend, I'd probably call her a . I didn't initially know about it, but after I did, my feelings faltered."

 

"But, why are you still with her until now?" Mara asked.

 

"Because I love her." Jiyong smiled while stared on some lovers enjoying themselves at the park.

 

Mara couldn't help but feel sad. "He's not even my bias, why am I like this?" she tried to convince herself.

 

There was an awkward silence before Jiyong spoke again.

 

"So.... I know you're still awkward and all about staying with us, but please wait a little longer okay?"

 

Mara sighed. Then she laughed.

 

"I think the main point here is you and the other members should watch out for me." she pointed to herself. Jiyong chuckled.

 

Suddenly, Jiyong's phone rang. It was Dara's manager.

 

"Yes. Yeah she's with me, and we just finished taping. Oh really? Okay I'll tell her." then he hung up. Mara looked puzzled when she saw that Jiyong seemed disturbed.

 

"Who was that? What did he say?" Mara asked worriedly.

 

"Mara, listen to me very carefully and don't freak out okay?" Jiyong looked into her eyes. She pouted then nodded.

 

"I know you're not experienced with these kinds of stuff, but some crew from Etude House accidentally deleted the new commercial that was supposed to be shown the day after tomorrow. So.... you need to do it. With SHINee."

 

Mara's jaw dropped. She suddenly felt suffocated.

 

"Please, don't faint right now. Dara's manager said you need to hurry up and be there right now."

 

"Okay, let's go. Fighting!" she said, fist pumping in the air. Jiyong and her then ran to the minivan and drove to the filming site.

 

****

 

"How are we supposed to film that again when the lead girl is missing?" Key asked irritably. He was the most pissed off when he heard they were retaking the CF.

 

Minho stared at Jonghyun, who looked like he was about to break into a cold sweat any minute now.

 

"Jonghyun... Do you perhaps... know something about Dara's absence?"

 

Besides Key and Jonghyun, the others seemed relaxed about the incident. They were asked to wait inside their dressing room, and they didn't know why.

 

"Maybe we're being trolled? Or maybe they were planning to surprise us?" Taemin asked.

 

"Taemin, why would they surprise us? Is there any special events today?" Onew asked. Taemin thought deeply and decided that he was dumb for saying those things.

 

Then, the door to their dressing room opened. It was the film director.

 

"Guys, change your clothes right now. The taping will start in 15 minutes." he announced.

 

"What? But what about Dar-" Key wasn't able to finish his sentence as the director already closed the door.

 

"Did they found a new girl?" Taemin asked.

 

Jonghyun however, looked outraged.

 

"What the ? Did Dara managed to escape in America? No Jjong, maybe it's another new model... Breathe in, breathe out..."

 

The SHINee boys changed and got out of the dressing room after a few minutes. They saw Jiyong waiting for somebody on the other dressing room.

 

"Annyeong Haseyo sunbaenim." Onew bowed as they came closer to Jiyong. Jiyong bowed too and a smile beamed across his face.

 

"Sorry we took so long. She had to have taping for WGM too." he apologized.

 

"What? Who?" Taemin asked. Jonghyun was shooting invisible daggers now.

 

Just then out of nowhere, Mara appeared, all dressed up and ready to film. She looked very nervous though.

 

"H- Hello, SHINee.... He he he... OMG Ji what am I gonna do?" he suddenly freaked out, causing the other members to awkwardly laugh.

 

Jiyong shushed her, signalling that she is now Dara Shin, and not Mara Gu. She understood the signal then suddenly transformed again into a prim and proper woman. Well, not so much...

 

Jonghyun was practically glaring at her the whole time. He couldn't get some alone time with her since Jiyong was always by her side. The SHINee boys also noticed that she's much nicer than before. They weren't suspecting anything, well, except for Minho and Key.

 

"That's just a facade guys. Don't fall for it." Key whispered whenever Mara was nice to them. Onew and Taemin didn't mind though, they were enjoying Mara's presence.

 

"Why is she too nice? This isn't right... I have a feeling about this..." Minho though as he stared at Mara laughing with the boys.

 

Mara noticed this and ran to Minho's side.

 

"Hi Minho! I'm Ma... I mean, Dara. Nice to meet you!" she said as she offers her hand. Minho looked at her weirdly.

 

"But haven't we met before?" Minho asked expressionless. That when Mara grew back to her senses. She mentally slapped herself from her clumsiness.

 

"Ah, yeah... ha ha ha sorry." she said as she slowly backs away from Minho, avoiding much questions from erupting.

 

"Aish, she probably thinks I was not Dara right now...." Mara thought as she pulls her hair.

 

Jiyong removed Mara's entangled hands from her hair and smiled.

 

"Here, you look tired, you're not even halfway..." he said, passing her some water. She thanked her and started drinking it.

 

"Why is Minho so quiet? I never knew this... I guess everything I see on reality shows aren't true..." Mara said.

 

"Minho never really smiles or talks to anyone off cam. He's weird like that. I'm actually surprised they gave him the name flaming charisma, when off cam, he's just a consumed candle." this remark had Mara laughing uncontrollably.

 

"Consumed what?" Minho suddenly appeared behind them, looking at Mara who was still laughing. Jiyong looked awkwardly at him, then apologized. Minho didn't care anymore and left them two alone.

 

Jonghyun was watching them from the corner. He was mad. He tried calling Dara, but he remembered he got her phone.

 

"Damn it Jonghyun, you . Dara's mine Jiyong. She's mine only..." Jonghyun screamed in his mind.