Chapter IV

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

 

Dara drove herself on the press conference. Jiyong texted her that he will be waiting for her before the reporters arrive, so she wanted to come early and spend some time with Jiyong. She can't seem to find a right time to spend with Jiyong since Jonghyun's always pestering her with having or having dinner in some fancy restaurant. Jonghyun was determined to steal Dara's heart away.

 

"I'm here." Dara said as she waves a hand on Jiyong's face, who was currently in a daze. Jiyong smiled and hugged her.

 

"So, how's vacation? I'm sure you'll be pretty busy this coming days, with BIGBANG and We Got Married, with me."

 

"I know. Aish, the vacation's too short, but it's okay, since I get to spend time with you. But it's weird that we're always meeting in the mornings. I want to watch you sleep at night Dara."

 

"Ayy, you and your sweet words. Come on let's buy some ice cream." she said as she pulled Jiyong out of the building. Jiyong frantically put on his disguise and they went inside an ice cream parlor. After finishing it off, they came back to the building, only to notice that there were already many press waiting.

 

Jiyong's manager spotted them going inside the room. He got curious because Jiyong was holding Dara's hand very sweetly. Realizing their manager's staring at their hands, they awkwardly let go and ran inside, surprising the press.

 

"Ah, they're here. I see you both came in at the same time. Are you together all this time?" one of the reporters asked.

 

"Ah, no, it's just that, Dara's a really close friend. We just happened to run into each other as we were entering this hall." Jiyong said.

 

Dara nodded eagerly, so the reporters won't be suspicious.

 

The press talked about the couple, what plans they will be having, and when will the first taping be. They are very happy on snapping the pictures of the two since when you look at it closely, you'll notice that they really look good together. 

 

After the presscon, the 2 went to their respective minivans. Jiyong, back to his dorm, and Dara, to a new set for another Etude House photoshoot.

 

"I'll text you." Dara said to Jiyong before going inside her minivan. Jiyong nodded and signalled that he will too, so as to not let their managers be suspicious of them.

 

When Dara reached their set, she spotted Jonghyun talking with the photographer. She narrowed her eyes. Why is he here again, she thought.

 

Dara greeted the photographer happily and gave a long hard glare to Jonghyun, who in return, only smirked at her.

 

"Why is he here?" she asked the photographer nicely. The photographer laughed.

 

"I don't even know, but he said he wants to see you. Ey, are you two dating?"

 

"No!" Dara immediately said, but Jonghyun said "Yes." excitedly. Dara looked at he with disgust.

 

"Ayy, it sure looks like you are. You look so good together." one of the female assistants teased. Dara stopped being nice. She hates when someone teases her, especially with a guy like Jonghyun. She grabbed the girl by the arm hardly.

 

"If you want me to be nice to you stop doing that." she pushed the girl away, then proceeded to her dressing room. Jonghyun helped the girl get up and smirked, then followed Dara to her dressing room.

 

Dara was in the process of slamming the door in front of Jonghyun's face, but Jonghyun blocked the door with his foot.

 

"So, the presscon's over?" he asked coolly as he grabs an apple from the mini ref inside the room.

 

"Isn't it obvious?!" Dara said as she starts to change her clothes.

 

Jonghyun locked the door and came near her, helping her with her clothes.

 

"So, when's the taping?"

 

"This Saturday..."

 

"Remember our deal Dara. You only have 3 more days... send it wisely..."

 

"How am I supposed to do that when Jiyong's always with me?!" she pushed Jonghyun away.

 

"Simple. Stop seeing him. You only have 3 days anyway." Jonghyun whispered in her ear and spanked her . He laughed then went out.

 

Dara sat in front of the mirror and started putting blush on herself. But the tears didn't stop falling, no matter how much she wiped them off.

 

"When will I be free from being Jonghyun's slave? If it wasn't for that one night stand... I'd still be happy with Jiyong...." Dara bowed and cried some more.

 

****

 

Jiyong waited for Dara as the crew members got impatient. She was already 5 hours late, and this was the first day of their taping.

 

"Where is Sandara Shin?!?" the director asked while pulling his hair.

 

"Sir, we received a text. Dara's manager said she's not in her house and not in her parents’ house either. Could she have backed out?" one of the crew said.

 

Jiyong's eyes widened. Why would she back out? We... love each other right? And it's not even fake.

 

"Aish! Why now! When we're having our first taping! This girl! I knew she would be a failure the moment I saw her!" the director said.

 

"Stop calling her names kamdongnim!" Jiyong shouted. The crew and the director stared at him in disbelief.

 

"Stop saying she's unprofessional. She's human too. She needs respect." Jiyong said then walked out. He drove home with his own car, never minding the frantic screams of the crew and his manager. He was lost in his thoughts that he found himself in front of Dara's house.

 

It's been 3 days since he last saw Dara, and she never remembered that they fought. Why is she being distant right now? She could've called Jiyong if she plans on cancelling her appearance on the show, but she never did. She just... ran away, without leaving a mark.

 

The lights were all out, and there's not a sound coming from inside, considering that Dara lived in one of the quietest villages ever.

 

"Dara... where are you?" he found himself asking it.

 

****

 

Jonghyun smirked as he saw the BIGBANG boys entering the Inkigayo stage. They were asked to perform Monster live, so as the public won't notice about Dara's absence. Jonghyun noticed how lifeless Jiyong is onstage. Key noticed him smirking.

 

"Yah, are you on drugs or something? Why are you smiling like that? You look so creepy!" he said.

 

"Oh, nothing at all... Haven't you noticed how Jiyong sunbaenim looks so sad? I bet it's because of the WGM incident."

 

"I don't know... Maybe he's sad because she suddenly left? Aish, I know that girl is crazy the first time I saw him." Key said.

 

"Hey. stop badmouthing her or I'll punch you in the face." Jonghyun said seriously and slapped Key's stomach hardly.

 

"Owww.. Yah Kim Jonghyun!" Key screamed, startling Onew, Minho and Taemin. "Sorry." he sheepishly said afterwards.

 

Minho was looking at Jonghyun weirdly. He knew that Jonghyun had something to do with this. He heard everything they were talking about in the dressing room.

 

But why would he take away Dara from being GD's bride on WGM? Is it because he's jealous that she'll be paired up with a new man, which is not him? But... it felt like there was something else, something he could not explain.

 

****

 

It's been weeks and weeks and Dara still didn't show up. Not even to Jiyong. Everyone grew annoyed at her, but Jiyong was full of worry.

 

"Where could she be?" he suddenly remembered that Dara likes to have some peace and quiet sometimes, so she goes to her grandparents' house in her hometown, Busan.

 

Without bidding goodbye to the other members, he took some clothes and necessities and told his driver to drive to Busan.

 

After hours of driving, his driver woke him up and told him he needs a bathroom break, to which Jiyong agreed. While the driver was away, he looked outside to where they were, he saw nothing but rice fields, and the sun was blinding hot in the afternoon. He also noticed a large crowd slowly coming towards the minivan. He immediately hid his head and grew pale.

 

"Have the fans known that I came here? By any chance... do some fans know this is Dara's hometown?" he asked himself.

 

He peeked outside and saw the girls admiring the minivan. Just then, his driver showed up and some fans asked him questions.

 

"Is there a taping here?" one of the girls asked.

 

"This is BIGBANG's minivan right? I bet it's TOP oppa inside." one girls said.

 

TOP? Is that what everyone thinks when acting is involved? I can act too you know, Jiyong thought.

 

"No, it’s not BIGBANG. This is a private vehicle. Now go go! This isn't a celebrity minivan!" the driver shooed the girls away. They looked at the driver in annoyance and walked away.

 

Jiyong remembered to thank his driver later. His door opened and he was startled by the presence of his driver.

 

"Yah! You scared me! I thought you were a fan!" He screamed. The driver chuckled and gave him some disguises.

 

"Do you want to eat? There's a good restaurant here." he suggested.

 

"Aigoo, you just go and take out. I'm afraid to go outside. And make it quick. So we can go to Dara's place immediately."

 

The driver smiled and bowed. BIGBANG's driver was the only person that knew about Jiyong's relationship with Dara, even Jiyong's manager didn't know it.

 

As the door closed he breathes a sigh of relief and proceeded to put his earphones on and listen to some music.

 

He was about to close his eyes when he noticed a creepy looking bug flying inside the van. He screamed in terror and opened the van's door, when a loud bang and a thud followed.

 

He got off the van and swatted the bug away, then checked to see who made the banging noise. He saw a weird looking girl with weird looking clothes, rubbing the top of his head and lying on the ground.

 

"Oww..." he heard her mutter. He covered his face and helped the girl up.

 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, there was a bug inside the car and...." he trailed off when he saw the girl's face.

 

"No, it's okay, I was amazed to see a minivan. I really dreamt of touching one, since my BIGBANG oppas are- oof!" she didn't get to finish her sentence as Jiyong quickly wrapped his arms around him.

 

"Dara. I knew you were here. I missed you!" he said.

 

"Dara?! I'm not Dara you ert!" she said as she stomps on the man's foot and pulled his zipper down. Because Jiyong's pants were loose, his pants slid down, revealing only his underwear. The people saw it and started taking their phones out and took pictures of Jiyong's shame. It was fortunate enough that he had these big sunglasses covering his face, as he tries to pull his pants back up.

 

"Why did you do that?!" he shouted as he held the girl's collar and pulled her closer to his face. The girl gasped and blushed.

 

"G.... G Dragon???" the girl asked, puzzled. Then, she fainted. Jiyong caught her in time and lied her down inside the minivan.

 

Jiyong looked at the girl strangely. "It's impossible that this is Dara... but they look so much alike... Who is she?" he asked as he moved a stray of hair away from the girl's face.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Because you're waiting for her to appear, she suddenly appears. kekeke.