Chapter V

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

 

Mara woke up to find herself in the hospital. She rubbed her aching head and recalled the events that happened.

 

"Ah, that's right. I remember wanting to touch the minivan that was parked near our restaurant. It looked so much like my BIGBANG oppas' car... But then.... hmmm... what happened next?" she can't remember anything, besides the fact that her head felt like a brick had fallen on top of it. Before she could fully recollect her thoughts, the door to her room opened.

 

"You wanted to touch the minivan, but then the car door opened and you bumped your head hardly and fell. And then you stomped on my foot and pulled down my pants." Jiyong said as he fixes his crutches and closes the door.

 

Mara's mouth was agape. She couldn't believe that her idol group's leader is right before her very eyes. She was on the verge of fainting, but Jiyong stopped her.

 

"Hey, you can't just go and faint like that. You have to take responsibility for what you did." he said, pointing at his bandaged toe. It looked like it was swollen to the core.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. GD sir, I was just..."

 

"Mr. GD? Oh come on Dara stop acting. I know it's you. Why are you hiding from me?" he said as he comes closer to her bed. Mara's brows furrowed. She hated it when somebody calls her by a different name, even if it was the very famous G Dragon himself.

 

"I said, Mr. GD sir, I am not Dara. And who's Dara anyway?"

 

"Oh no. Could it have been possible that you have lost your memory? And you can't remember anything?"

 

"Wha- no! I'm telling the truth! You watch too many dramas!" This time, she's really mad. No more Mr. GD sir.

 

"Dara, just listen to me-"

 

"Hey Kwon Jiyong, I'm telling you I'm not Dara! I'm Marian Gu!" she shouted in his ear. He got so surprised that he stumbled and fell, hurting his toe in the process. He moaned in pain.

 

"Omg, I'm so sorry, Mr. GD sir!" she said, acting all respectful again, while helping Jiyong up. Jiyong took her hand, and the moment he was able to stand up again, he immediately hugged Mara.

 

"What the- yah! Even if you're GD you can't just go and-"

 

The door opened, revealing Mara's parents. Mara's dad saw the scene and immediately charged GD, stepping on his injured toe in the process.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

 

****

 

Mara and her parents were sitting on one side of the room, while Jiyong and hid driver were in the other. Mara's father was giving glares to Jiyong, Mara's mother was looking at Jiyong lovingly.

 

"Hey Mara, isn't he the guy that's in the posters in your room? Aigoo, I've already memorized his face because of the tons of posters and merch you have. What group is he in again?"

 

Mara made a facepalm, while Jiyong smiled awkwardly.

 

"It's BIGBANG, mam." he said politely. Mara's mother blushed.

 

"Such a sweet guy too! So, how did you two meet? Are you dating my daughter?"

 

"Mom!" Mara screamed. "He's looking for a girl named Dara, who according to him, looks like me. Must be his cousin or sister...."

 

"Dara? Who's that?" mother asked.

 

"Mam, haven't you heard of Etude House, and SHINee? And the rising model, Dara Shin?" he asked.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry young boy, but there hasn't been any electricity in our town since forever. We haven't been able to watch television, and the newspaper boys were always either too lazy or too late to deliver."

 

"So.... where am I exactly?"

 

"You're in Dong- gu. Where are you headed for exactly?"

 

"Oh, I'm going to Busanjin- gu. I'm meeting a...." he suddenly got cautious, realizing Mara is a BIGBANG fan. "friend." he continued.

 

Truthfully, Jiyong still believed the girl in front of him is Dara, and she probably lost her memory, so she lives by the name Mara. But, he still wants to be sure, so he'll have to check Dara's grandparents first.

 

"Well, I think I'll be going now." he prepares to stand up, but trips. Mara stood up to help him, but her father blocked her.

 

"Let him stand up on his own. Only a real man can do it." he said sternly.

 

He still must be mad of what I had done to her daughter, Jiyong thought. Not wanting to be called a wimp, he struggled and stood up successfully.

 

"Mr. Jiyong! Yang Goon called!" Jiyong's driver frantically ran to him, making him trip once again.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Jiyong. Here's the phone." he gave the phone to Jiyong, who gave a sigh before putting it near his ear.

 

"Hello?" he carefully asked.

 

"KWON JIYONG!" Yang Goon screamed on the other end, causing him to put the phone away from his ear. He looked over to Mara, who gave a sympathetic look to him. He rolled his eyes at her and bravely spoke to Yang Goon again.

 

"Yang Goon, I'm sorry for leaving without telling you... I just... need to go-"

 

"You need to go where?! Are you crazy?! The fans are looking for you! You gotta come back to Seoul now! If you're not back by tomorrow I will not release your album!" with that, Yang Goon ended the call, leaving Jiyong speechless.

 

"What did he say?" Mara asked.

 

"You gotta come back to Seoul with me Dara. I need you to be there and-"

 

"I told you I'm not Dara Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Please believe me."

 

"But-"

 

"Fine. If she doesn't believe you, show him your birth certificate." the father said. He carried Jiyong in his shoulder with one huff and walked outside the room.

 

"Help! Put me down sir!" he screamed. But he was ignored. He was becoming to feel sick, when his driver stopped the man.

 

"Mister, I am really sorry for his rude behavior, but I believe we could just take him to your house without any scratches or wounds at least."

 

Mara's father looked at the driver, then at Jiyong, then grabbed a wheelchair nearby and dumped him there. He rubbed his aching .

 

Don't they know who I am?! I'm a famous hallyu star for crying out loud! Why are they treating me like this?!, he thought.

 

The father wheeled him out of the hospital and into his minivan. They all rode it, with Mara getting excited with the knick knacks she was seeing inside the car.

 

"This is... Taeyang's hat right?" she said, blushing. GD's not really her bias in BIGBANG, although she feels as if she owes him for taking care of s, even before he met her. She held onto it tightly, admiring it lovingly, Jiyong noticed it and snatched it away from her hands.

 

"Please don't touch anything." he said seriously, which made Mara a little scared.

 

"This is the first time I've ever seen you so serious..." she said without thinking. Jiyong stared at her for a few seconds.

 

"She has the same expressions Dara gives, although her attitude's pretty pretty far from Dara...." he thought, still convinced to his theory that this is Dara that lost her memory. And still, even if this isn't Dara, he needs her.

 

They later arrived at Mara's home. Mara's father was the first to get out, shoving Jiyong out of the way, and followed by her mother. Jiyong's driver also got out, so it was only Jiyong and Mara in the car.

 

"Is it okay if I call you Jiyong oppa?" she asked. Jiyong did not answer, so she pouted and looked outside.

 

"Can I borrow you for 4 months?" he asked out of the blue. Mara got shocked.

 

"You're... taking me to Seoul? Why?"

 

Before Jiyong could answer, his driver opened the door and showed him some papers. He looked at it and gasped.

 

"You're really not Dara?"

 

"No I'm not." she said honestly. Just then, she noticed a bug on Jiyong's shoulder. She suddenly smiled like an idiot, which baffled Jiyong.

 

"There's a bug on your shoulder!" she said excitedly, pointing on his shoulder. He screamed and freaked out, trying to shoo the bug away, but in the process he fell on top of Mara, causing her to have a blush appear on her face.

 

"I'm... sorry, Miss Mara Gu." he said. She was happy that Jiyong said her full name that she hugged him without thinking.

 

"Say it again say it again!" she said. She then spotted the bug crawling on Jiyong’s back, so she instantly grabbed it and showed it to Jiyong.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Get it away from me! Get it away!" Jiyong said, waving his hands in the air looking like an idiot.

 

"Don't treat Mr. Buggy like that! It's impolite!" she yelled.

 

"Mi- Mister... Bu- bu- buggy? Aish, this is impossible!" he scoffed. Now for sure, he knew it wasn't Dara. Dara wouldn't have the courage to name a bug, let alone grab it and talk playfully with it. He looked at Mara weirdly, and then suddenly remembered his idea.

 

"As I was saying, Mara..." he said.

 

"OMG you said my name again! Ahahahahaha I'm so happy!" she said, hugging Jiyong once again. He felt weird so he pushed her off.

 

"I need you to pretend to be Dara for 4 months."

 

"Pretend to be her? Why?"

 

"Because.... we were casted on We Got Married... so I need you to be my wife for 4 months. Just 4 months. I won't extend it." he begged.

 

Mara however, was startled. We Got Married? That show's huge! There's a whole lot of skinship and... couple things to do there!

 

"Never!" Mara's father screamed from outside. He was listening to their conversation the whole time.

 

"I won't let you take my daughter to Seoul! You're gonna have to work for me first for you to do that!" he screamed.

 

Jiyong gulped. He never really liked working. And his deadline is tomorrow, or else, his new album won't be released. And he can't do that to the fans. He sighed heavily before facing Mara's father.

 

"Okay sir, what do you want me to do?" he asked.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Let's imagine Mara's father to be a man just like Han Jung Soo from the Chuno era. Very VERY built... and y. XD

 

Also, I really like OST 8. I happened to accidentally watch it on KBS, and it sounded cute. Just like Daragon. :">