Chapter VII

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

 

Jiyong and Mara arrived at YG Entertainment. The driver parked the car at the basement, so that they were safe in case fans that saw the articles saw them together. Yang Goon already informed Jiyong that he already blocked the news from spreading any further. They walked briskly towards Yang Goon's office, careful that they might run into some sunbaes. Unfortunately, Se7en happened to pass by as they were walking.

 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong!" he screamed. Jiyong gulped before turning to him and bowing. Se7en came near them and furrowed his eye brows.

 

"I read the news. Tell me the truth. What relationship do you really have with Dara that you have to kneel in front of her father?" he asked. He then turned to Mara, who was looking at him with sparkling eyes. She's never been this close to Hallyu Idols she just sees performing in front of their TV, so it's kinda nerve wrecking.

 

"And you! Sandara Shin! Why in the world did you back out? Don't you see how much Jiyong wanted to be part of We Got Married?" he scolded her. She doesn't seem to mind. She was in a world full of unicorns and rainbows, and of course, the very idol in front of her.

 

"Why isn't she saying something? Is she deaf?" Se7en asked Jiyong.

 

"Wait hyung. I'll explain everything..." he pulled Se7en and Mara and proceeded to Yang Goon's office. He entered without even knocking.

 

"Jiyong, why is Se7en with you?" Yang Goon asked, puzzled.

 

"Look, I know this is weird and everything, I just need you to cooperate with me okay?" he said as he made them sit on the sofa.

 

****

 

"So you're telling me you still haven't found Dara? And this is... Mara Gu? Who.... really looks like Dara in every aspect, except her fangirl modes of course..." Se7en said, pointing to Mara who was holding onto Taeyang's hat that was left inside Yang Goon's office.

 

"Ms. Gu, I'm sorry for letting Jiyong trouble you. I know you never wanted to be a replacement for Ms. Dara Shin, but-" Yang Goon began.

 

"No, it's okay Mr. YG! I'm actually happy and I feel blessed that I'm in front of.... guys that I only see on TV..." Mara said, trying to keep her composure.

 

"OMG I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANY LONGER! CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR AUTOGRAPHS? PLEASE?" she exploding, causing Jiyong, Yang Goon and Se7en to gasp.

 

"Woah... you sure picked a big fangirl...." Se7en said, looking at Mara weirdly.

 

"Anyway, guys, listen. I need her okay? There is no other person that looks exactly like Dara. Only her. so please, let's just work this out?"

 

"Why do you want Dara to be your partner anyway? I mean, we can just pick a new one you know." Yang Goon said.

 

"No... I... I want Dara." he said awkwardly. The others looked at him weirdly.

 

"Why?" Se7en asked. Jiyong grew worried. Why did he have to say that? He tried changing the topic of the conversation.

 

"So... please call Mara Gu as Dara Shin from now on okay? And please inform Dara's parents and manager about this. No one will ever know this, except us and them. At least until I find the real Dara. I'm sure her parents are worried of her, and I was the last person she was with anyway." he said.

 

He didn't let Yang Goon and Se7en talk no more as he grabbed Mara by the arm and stormed out of the office. They came back inside the minivan and Jiyong asked the driver to drive them to the boys' dorm. Mara didn't know about this though, so she wondered as to why they were in front of a gigantic building when they got there.

 

"Surprise." Jiyong smiled as he led her to the elevator. It was singing one of Jiyong's new songs, In the End, and Mara was forcing herself not to sing, afraid that she might falter in front of Jiyong. Jiyong observed her awkwardness so he asked her.

 

"What's the matter? Do you need to use the bathroom? He asked. Mara shook her head.

 

"Nothing... I just... love this song." she said and looked down. Jiyong smirked and nudged her. She gasped.

 

"Sing in front of me." he said.

 

"What? Are you crazy? No way man! Even if you were GD I wouldn't do that!" she said.

 

"I thought your stage fright was gone?" he asked.

 

"Well duh, we're not even in a stage you idiot. And besides, I never planned to sing here anyway. I came here to help you with your problem with that Dara Shin." at this point, she was comfortable enough to tease Jiyong. And very stupidly too.

 

"Don't call her THAT Dara Shin." he said seriously. Mara looked at him then narrowed her eyes.

 

"Why? Who is she to you anyway? Maybe she's your ex girlfriend, and you 2 broke up because you were such a playboy-"

 

"Shut up!" he screamed. Mara's eyes widened. I may have gotten too far, she thought.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

 

"Just shut up! What the ?!" he yelled once again and kicked the elevator door with his other foot. It had a little mark left in it. He pressed on a number and the elevator door opened, and he got out even before they reached BIGBANG's dorm. Mara, not knowing what to do, followed Jiyong and walked silently.

 

Jiyong walked and walked until he found himself in front of a room he once had. This was the room where Dara and Jiyong met, before Dara was able to buy a house for herself from the little modelling jobs that she does. He turned the door knob and walked inside. It was empty, but in Jiyong's mind, it was full of memories. Memories he can't forget.

 

"I have to find Dara soon..." he muttered.

 

Mara entered the room and saw Jiyong staring into space. She figured the right thing to do would be to say sorry. Even if she couldn't understand why Jiyong got mad at her.

 

"I'm sorry Jiyong- ah..." she said silently.

 

"She's.... my girlfriend." Jiyong confessed. Because Mara has a slow mind she had a hard time figuring what Jiyong said was about. Jiyong knew this so he looked at her directly in the eye.

 

"Dara Shin is my girlfriend." he said once again. Mara gasped. She felt heartbroken, and all those things fangirls feel once they knew about their bias' relationships.

 

"Oh... But... why was she missing?" she asked, trying her hardest not to let her jealousy show.

 

"I don't know either. You know, only you, the BIGBANG members and our driver know about our relationship. So please, keep this a secret. At least, until I find Dara and ask her if it's okay to reveal our relationship." he said with begging eyes.

 

As much as Mara was itching to gossip it, he still cared for Jiyong's career. After all, she wouldn't have come with him in Seoul if she wasn't.

 

Mara nodded and smiled. Jiyong and she made some eye contact, and some kind of telepathy, telling each other thanks and you're welcome.

 

When Mara noticed that Jiyong's no longer mad, she started spazzing again and asked where they were. Jiyong laughed at her childishness and pulled her back inside the elevator. After a few minutes, they arrived in front of a door, which is bigger than the other doors in the building.

 

"Where are we? Are you gonna... make me a model too, or something?" Mara asked nervously. Jiyong chuckled and rang the bell.

 

Out came Daesung, topless. Jiyong's eyes widened, and so did Mara's, as she faints with a loud thud.

 

"Mara!" Jiyong screamed. He turned to Daesung and slapped the back of his head.

 

"Why are you always ?! Hurry and help me lie her down the sofa!" he said.

 

****

 

Dara carefully opened the lock from the other side of the door. She fortunately found a way to escape Jonghyun's villa, since he locked her in. She was missing Jiyong, and her parents were probably worried sick of her. She got out successfully and ran to take a taxi, draping a shawl on her face so no one can recognize her. She proceeded to BIGBANG's dorm, and was about to come inside the building, when a hand pulled her arm and stopped her from walking.

 

"Why are you here babe?" Jonghyun asked as he presses his lips on Dara's neck. She felt disgusted and pushed him away. He got annoyed and grabbed her hardly and pulled her all the way to his car, which was parked near the entrance of the building.

 

"Why are you here either? Are you spying on Jiyong?!" she screamed, struggling to let go. Jonghyun held her harder, causing her whimper.

 

"I was following you, you idiot. You think I won't know what you are planning? I have a CCTV Dara. Do you think I'm dumb to let you know about that?" he said.

 

He forced Dara to enter the car and ran to the driver seat. Dara sighed in defeat and crossed her arms. Jonghyun chuckled.

 

"You can never get away from me Dara. And I'm sure you'll be doing this one more time, so I'm gonna have to send you to America." he said.

 

Dara gasped.

 

"America?! Are you crazy? No way am I coming to America with you!"

 

Jonghyun chuckled. "You're not coming with me. I'm busy with SHINee dear. You're coming with your personal bodyguard. He'll watch you 24- 7, so don't think you can escape like what you did today." he said then held Dara chin. Dara threw his hand away and frowned.

 

"I guess... I can't do anything now... Jiyong... I'm truly very sorry..." she thought as she looked outside.

 

****

 

Mara woke up and found herself in a couch, while Daesung was fanning her nervously. She shrieked.

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

 

The other members came inside the living room to see what commotion was happening. Mara saw them and froze. They, in turn, gave her a weird look, then looked at Daesung, who was glued on the same spot, shaking terribly.

 

Mara then diverted her gaze to the other members who were by the door, looking at her.

 

"No Mara, this is not the time to faint. Will you stop that spazzing for a moment?" she said as she slaps her cheek. Daesung, worried that Mara's skin will turn raw, held her hand to stop her from slapping herself. This caused another shriek, followed by a thud and a groan.

 

"Daesung oppa! Please never let go!!!!!" Mara screamed as he hugged Daesung, causing them to tumble to the ground, with Mara on top of Daesung.

 

Jiyong's eyes widened at the scene.

 

"Yah! This girl's making a scandal!" he said, pointing at Mara who didn't care that she was on top of Daesung. Jiyong pulled Mara off and held her by the back of her collar, then helped Daesung get up. He shivered when he saw Mara squirming from Jiyong's hold.

 

"This is definitely not Dara noona." Seungri said as he eyed Mara.

 

"I already told you I need her to pretend to be Dara right? Are you slow or what?" Jiyong asked, still holding back the squirming Mara away from the other members.

 

Seungri put his hands up in the air as a form of surrender, then walked away.

 

"Let go of me Jiyong I'm already tired of your face. I wanna see the others!" Mara said.

 

"What? Tired of my face? Who in the world would get tired of this?!" he said, circling his finger on his face. When he noticed Mara wasn't listening she forced her to look directly at her face, which was a little too close from what he expected. He immediately let Mara go and Mara backed slowly, feeling a blush afterwards.

 

"Okay. Just please. Stay normal. I don't want them getting injuries, okay?" he said then sighed. Mara sat on their sofa.

 

"I thought you wanted to meet them?" he wondered. Mara smiled.

 

"I've never been so happy in my life. Thank You Jiyong." she said as she looks on Jiyong's face and smiled genuinely. Jiyong felt his heart's pace quicken.

 

"Oh no, I can't be shaken up by this. She just looks like Dara, that's why. We haven't even been together that long yet! Aish!"

 

"I'm just gonna get some breakfast." he said awkwardly, and then left Mara sitting in the living room. He went to the other members' rooms first and forced them to come out. They were currently inside Taeyang's room, huddling together and praying for their dear life.

 

"Yah! All of you get out there! I'm sure that Mara's not gonna spazz anymore. Hurry!" he shout whispered as he pulled them out of the room. They stumbled and came face to face with Mara, who was twice as surprised that the boys were back.

 

They carefully sat near her and stared at her intently, just in case he jumps on one member again. But she didn't. She was just smiling, and looking at them.

 

It was Taeyang who noticed first that she was tearing up. He hated seeing girls crying, so he bravely walked near her and patted her back. She laughed slightly.

 

"I'm sorry.... I'm sure you know what I'm feeling now, because I'm sure every VIP would cry just looking at you. I was just so fortunate that... I'm face to face with you right now, talking to you comfortably." she sobbed.

 

The others sighed then smiled.

 

"Don't cry noona. You know what? We are happy too. Because of people like you, who cry for us, when we didn't even do much, like saving the world, or stepping into the moon. Doesn't it feel weird? Because it sure is in my case." Seungri said. It also had the other members thinking.

 

"Seungri's right. I mean, we're worldwide superstars, but that's all that we are. And the fans crying for us.... It's like they're a miracle..." Top said.

 

Jiyong walked back to the living room, holding some snacks when he saw how sweet Taeyang was to Mara. He also noticed that she was crying and the other members were looking out for her.

 

"Yah Youngbae!" he said furiously. He walked fast paced then pushed Taeyang away from Mara, leaving her in wonder.

 

Taeyang looked at Jiyong sternly. They then had a staring contest.

 

"She's not Dara, Jiyong." Taeyang said seriously.

 

"Even though. You can't just go and grab her like that. She's my partner in WGM." he replied then pulled Mara away from the boys.

 

"What is wrong with you 2?" TOP asked as he looks at Taeyang, then at Jiyong.

 

"Nothing." they chorused. Then, Jiyong's phone rang.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Jiyong! This is Dara's mother!" the person from the other line said. Jiyong gasped. He was really good friends with Dara's mom, but she still didn't know about his relationship with Dara. All that she knows is they were pretty close friends.

 

"Oh, Mrs. Shin! Have you heard of what happened?"

 

"Yes I did. I think it's best if you leave the search to us. We'll go to America for a while and find her. Some of our spies just said they saw her riding a plane on the way to New York."

 

"Really?" Jiyong beamed. He felt relieved. At least, Dara safe and alive. He thank the gods for the shocking news.

 

"I was really surprised when I saw the girl's face, because it really looked like Dara. I was about to come to you when Yang Goon called and told me about the girl and your plan."

 

"Please take care Mrs. Shin. And please, find Dara and make sure she's safe."

 

"Don't worry Jiyong, I'll make sure I find her. Take care of the other girl too okay?"

 

"Yes mam." they bid goodbye before Jiyong ended the call.

 

"What did she say?" Daesung asked.

 

"She said some spies she hired saw Dara riding a plane on the way to New York. She said she will be the one to find her... I just hope they'll come back safe..." Jiyong grew sad again. Mara noticed this and she felt her heart break.

 

"I guess this is part of being a fan.... Having to accept these kinds of things. It sure looked like Jiyong loved Dara that much..." she thought.

 

Another call erupted and Jiyong answered it again. It was from the WGM crew.

 

"So, is the brat there already? Can we continue with the production now?" the crew on the other line said.

 

Jiyong felt like exploding again, but he held it in. It was also his fault that this happened.

 

The crew continued to nag and Jiyong continued explaining. After a few minutes, they ended the call.

 

"Mara, the day after tomorrow we're gonna start taping. Please... don't spazz too much okay? There's probably a heap of celebrities that you're gonna meet. Act professional. Remember this; Since if you are feared to get hurt, then you do not dare to try anything, you are not enjoying your rights of being young at all. What you should be really fear of are not failures but the fear that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges."

 

Mara got touched of what Jiyong said. She hugged him, not out of too much fangirl, but of too much respect for the amazing guy in front of him.

 

"How can you do that?" she asked.

 

"What?" Jiyong replied.

 

"How can you make someone so relaxed, even if you were THE G Dragon..." she laughed then let go. Jiyong smiled at her then ruffled her hair.

 

Taeyang was watching the whole thing. He suddenly felt a little jealous.

 

"What the? She's not even Dara! What am I thinking?!" he thought. He shook his head then walked out of the room.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: That GD quote is real. And it made me cry. :')