Chapter VI

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

 

Jiyong huffed as he washes another bucket full of used plates and utensils. Since he agreed to Mara's father's deal, he has to work the night, and unfortunately, the family's restaurant is open 24 hours.

 

"Aish! How can they let a patient do this?!" he said as he throws the rag from the sink.

 

"Aish? You're complaining now? Remember, you're deadline's tomorrow, or your going to get kicked out of your company." Mara's father suddenly appeared from Jiyong's back.

 

Well, he wouldn't actually get kicked out, but understanding that Mara's father doesn't know anything about KPOP, he forced himself to shut up. Mara's father left the kitchen, and Mara appeared next.

 

"I'm sorry about my father. Actually... he hates your band." she said.

 

Jiyong's eyes widened.

 

"He told me I was so obsessed with your band, and that you only put stupid things in my head. I didn't believe him though." she chuckled slightly.

 

"Why?" Jiyong asked.

 

"Well, because of BIGBANG... I don't have stage fright anymore. Before, whenever I'm asked to perform onstage, I always decline, because I always thought of what people think of me, and not my talent. But, because of what you said, it gave me courage." she smiled. Jiyong felt his heartbeat rising slowly. He sees Dara in Mara's smile. He truly missed her.

 

"What did I said that made you brave?" he asked as he wipes a plate dry. He's getting fond of washing the dishes now that she's talking to Mara, because it felt like he was talking to Dara too.

 

"You said...." Mara stopped. Jiyong looked at her, and it looked like she was on the verge of crying.

 

"I'm sorry.... it's just that... Because of what you said... I wasn't afraid to dream big anymore... Because I know that, no matter what I will do, I can be the best." she said.

 

Jiyong felt smiling too. But he still wondered what he said that made her brave enough.

 

Mara excused herself and went out of the kitchen. The moment she was out, she slapped herself really hardly, causing some of the customers to look at her weirdly.

 

"Oh... hahahaha! There's so many mosquitoes here! Hahahaha! I better get an insect repellent!" she said awkwardly and went out the restaurant.

 

She went outside and stood by the nearby beach, admiring the beautiful stars shining in the sky. She smiled just looking at them, wanting to grab them and stuff them in her heart. Well, she already got one... Well, almost, not until his father approves. She immediately went to her father's office, where he was busy with some paper work. Aside from owning a restaurant, her father also works as a government employee in a cell phone company, and even if he looks like he's a mafia leader, he has a big heart. Well, except for KPOP idols like Jiyong...

 

"Appa." she said as she enters the room. Her father gave her one look and looked back to his paperwork.

 

"If you're going to ask permission to join that boy in Seoul, I'm telling you earlier. NO." he said.

 

"But appa, you said he just needs to work and-"

 

"Oh come on, you're gonna fall for that? That is what happens after Hallyu stars retire. They become slaves, poor homeless people. Is that what you wanted to be?"

 

"Appa! This is not about me being a singer. It's about his career! I don't care if ever I will become a successful Hallyu Star someday, but at least... I want Jiyong to succeed. Because he's the one that made me dream big, and told me that nothing's impossible when you dream big!"

 

"That's the point Marian! He's the reason why you wanted to be a pesky KPOP Star! And I hate that!"

 

"But appa...."

 

"Because of him, because of this Hallyu Wave that's going on, you forgot about your family... You forgot that we are here..."

 

"I did not! You just think I did! Because you never understood me! Even just once! You always told me I would never have a future if I dreamt of becoming one of them... But you never believed that I could make it. I'm coming with him to Seoul, and nothing can stop me!"

 

She screamed and ran out, bumping with Jiyong along the way. She ignored him and ran outside, forcing the tears to stop falling.

 

Little did she know that Jiyong was listening from outside. He heard everything. How he wanted to be a Hallyu Star, and how KPOP, and BIGBANG inspired her to dream. He was touched, but he felt sad that because of them that she's fighting with her father too.

 

Mara's father went out of the office, and saw Jiyong staring at the ground. He looked at her father and bowed, but Mara's father was furious, so he punched Jiyong right in the face. He stumbled to the ground, and his disguise fell off, so some fans immediately saw it and started taking pictures. Jiyong's driver, which was in a corner saw what happened and tried to shield Jiyong using his body, but it was no use.

 

Jiyong felt sorry to himself. He couldn't bear to look at her father's eyes. Mara's mother also saw what happened, but she couldn't do anything. She knew how mad her husband is of stars like Jiyong.

 

Jiyong got up, but kneeled down in front of Mara's father, causing everyone to gasp. 

 

"Mr. Gu, if you let me take... Dara back to Seoul, I promise I will pay for all the debts that you have." he said seriously.

 

"Yah! I told you my daughter is not Da.... wait a minute... you're going to pay my debts?" This caught Mara's father off guard.

 

Mara's father not only has a huge debt from some ordinary loan sharks, but from very very famous loan sharks in Busan. Those people who dare borrow money from these famous loan sharks know that they have the money and power to pay them back. But because of Mr. Gu's failing restaurant he had no choice but to borrow money, thinking he would be able to pay them back. Sadly, he wasn't able to pay them, and he already had about 5 famous loan sharks asking him for payment.

 

The customers were still looking at Jiyong weirdly, who in turn looked like he wasn't caring about what he looked right now.

 

Jiyong was determined of something. Not only to be able to join a reality show, but he wanted to fulfill Mara's dream. And he knew inside that he could do it. Because once Jiyong sets his mind on something, no matter how crazy it is, he always makes sure to do it.

 

Mara's father was still in a daze, so Mara's mother asked Jiyong to stand up to avoid much scandal from happening.

 

Mara's father went near Jiyong and glared at him for a few seconds, then rested his hands on Jiyong's shoulders. He sighed heavily before speaking.

 

"Do not let me catch you mistreating Ma... I mean, Dara in Seoul, or I'll chop your foot off." he said then left.

 

Jiyong's smiled grew, realizing that Mara's father already approved, and went out to find Mara.

 

"Now, where could that girl be?" he asked as he begins walking with his crutches

 

****

 

It was already around 5 am, but Mara didn't dare return back to her house. She was so mad at how her father treated KPOP Stars, as if he isn't korean himself. She decided to browse the web and came across and article on allkpop.

 

 

 

Her eyes grew wide.

 

"What the?! Why did he do that?!" she said out loud and ran back to her house. She saw no sign of Jiyong. She rushed to her father's office.

 

"Appa! Why did you do that?!" she screamed.

 

"Yah young lady! You're being disrespectful! What did I do?!"

 

"This!" she showed her father the article, along with some pictures she happened to search from the internet. His eyes widened.

 

"How did that get in the news so fast?" he asked in disbelief.

 

"Because the guy you punched in unfortunately very very famous, compared to the singers of your time who only got famous in Korea. I mean, why would he be touring the world if he isn't that famous?!"

 

"Yah! How could you talk to your father like that when I already allowed you?!"

 

She gasped.

 

"You... really did? No joke?"

 

"Yes! Why would I joke about something like that! You know I hate it!"

 

Mara couldn't hide her excitement that she hugged her father tightly, causing him to nearly fall off.

 

"Thank you appa! Thank You thank you so much!" she said as she begins kissing his father's cheeks. As much as he wanted to look serious, he just couldn't in this situation, so he bursted out laughing, surprising Mara.

 

"You never laughed in front of me..." she said.

 

"Well... you never kissed me and hugged me tightly either."

 

She was teary eyed, but she stopped it from coming.

 

"It doesn't mean that you can be a Hallyu Star Mara. I just want his career to be saved... Just like you said." he then said seriously.

 

Mara's face slumped. But still, she was happy. Not only is she coming to Seoul, she's coming to Seoul with THE G- Dragon. She giggled just thinking about it.

 

That same day, she packed some clothes that could be enough for 4 months. Of course there were teary goodbyes, but Mara knows she can get over it. As long as she has GD by her side, anything can be done. Now all that's left is Jiyong.

 

"Where is he?" she asked Jiyong's driver.

 

"I don't know, but as I have remembered he was looking for you... Could he be lost somewhere?" he asked.

 

That's when Mara panicked. Aish, this man sure knows when to get lost.

 

She ran and proceeded to find Jiyong. She doesn't know where she was going, but she just ran to where her instincts lead her. She ran and ran and ran, until she saw someone near a tree, desperately asking for help.

 

****

 

Jiyong was in the process of finding Mara when he received the article from the other BIGBANG members. Along with it were the lines "You're in big trouble dude.." probably from Daesung.

 

"He sure knows how to make me feel relieved..." he sighs as he read the articles. By the time he finished reading his hands were sweaty and shaking. He didn't know what to do. It wasn't the fact that he was going to be screwed by YG, but it was about the huge possibility that some fans might be wondering of his relationship with Dara.

 

He was so worried he hadn't realized he was lost in the woods. It was around 6:30 am, and the sun was about to rise, but he still couldn't find his way out of the maze- like forest. He decided to scream for help.

 

"Help me! Somebody!" he asked. He kept screaming for about 3 minutes, till he can't anymore and he collapsed near a tree. It was 7:30 am already, and he lost hope.

 

Now my Album's never going to be released... He was about to cry when he felt someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around, only to find Mara looking down at him and smiling.

 

"My bags are packed... and I'm ready to go... It's just you that I was waiting for..." she said.

 

Jiyong laughed. It sounded like lyrics from a song.

 

"Why are you laughing?" she asked.

 

"Nothing, nothing... So can we please go now? I don't want to get kicked out of YG." he said. Mara went into panic mode.

 

"OMG! Is that the condition? You have to come back now or else you're going to get fired? Then hurry up you lunatic!" she screamed and held Jiyong's hand, running to the path where she walked onto before.

 

Jiyong felt a tingling sensation as he was running with Mara in the woods. He shook his head.

 

"This is probably because she looks like Dara. Yeah, that's probably the reason..." he said in annoyance.

 

They ran out of the forest and in time too, because as they were travelling back to Seoul, Yang Goon called.

 

"Where are you?! Did you see the news in Allkpop? Why are you doing these stupid things? What is that Dara to you that you have to come all the way to Busan and leave your responsibilities in Seoul?! Do you desperately want to be part of that variety show?!?" Yang Goon scolded on the phone.

 

"I'm sorry Yang Goon. But right now, I'm not gonna tell you anything yet. Maybe someday you will know, but not right now. Also, I'm coming back to Seoul... With Dara. And please take care of the articles and pictures. I know I can count on you Yang Goon. I know you won't leave me hanging." Jiyong said.

 

Yang Goon sighed. As much as he was so angry at Jiyong for what he's doing now, he still loves that boy like his own son.

 

"Alright, I'll take care of that matter. But Jiyong, there's something I need to tell you... about your album."

 

Jiyong froze. He suddenly broke into a cold sweat.

 

"What? Don't tell me you're still not going to release it? Oh come one Yang Goon..."

 

"No, it's not that.... We're one song short, so we need you to do a new composition. Whatever you like. Ballad, Hip hop, or maybe even a duet. Is that okay?"

 

Jiyong exhaled deeply. He was scared for a moment there. She noticed Mara sleeping soundly by his side, and he suddenly thought of an idea.

 

"Okay, I'll make duet." he said.

 

"Okay, well, I'll just ask Bom or someone from the new girl group to-"

 

"No Yang Goon. I already have the perfect girl fit to sing the duet."

 

"Who?"

 

"Sandara Shin." he smiled cheekily. Plan one, complete.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: That allkpop article was make believe okay? I made it myself. And for those of you thinking "Author's getting her crayon..." with making Dara the bad girl, well... she isn't really the leading lady in this fanfic. There, I said a spoiler. kekeke Mara LOOKS LIKE Dara, so you just imagine Mara being Sandara Park and Dara being.... whichever evil actress you can think of. XD

You'll know what GD said that made Mara brave... soon. :)