Chapter XI

Omo! I look like GD's Girl!

It's been 4 weeks now, and everything's smoothly running. Well, Mara still doesn't want to sing for Jiyong's album, and Jiyong still fights with her. But it seemed the two had gotten closer... Well, too close.

"Yah Mara! Why don't you wanna sing anyway? I already heard your voice! Why don't you use it!" Jiyong screamed the moment they arrived at their WGM house.

Daesung and Taeyang were visiting that day and hearing Jiyong, they rolled their eyes.

"Here they go again..." Taeyang murmured.

"I don't care! I don't wanna sing for you! This is something very private and- oh hi Youngbae oppa!" she said cutely after seeing Taeyang and Daesung in the kitchen.

Jiyong grimaced at what he saw.

I hate it when she does that to Taeyang... Hello? I'm your "husband"?

Taeyang laughed at Mara's sudden attitude change then looked over to the frowning Jiyong. This made him laugh more.

"We brought you some stuff for your new mission thingie..." Daesung said, handing them a plastic bag full of gardening tools.

Mara smiled and thanked him. Although they were getting pretty close, Daesung was still on guard. After all, Mara is a fan. And fans can be wild sometimes.

"Yah, change to your gardening outfit. The camera crew will arrive soon." Mara pushed Jiyong to the bathroom coldly.

"Y- Yah?! How dare you call me that! I'm THE G DRAGON! You can't just go and call me a 'yah'!"

Mara rolled her eyes and shut the door on his face. She could hear Jiyong scream incoherent words inside the bathroom.

"JUST CHANGE WILL YAH!" she screamed from outside.

Daesung was looking at her with wide eyes, while Taeyang was observing them the whole time.

Who knew a girl could get Jiyong so riled up. And a girl that looks like Dara too! This is too funny.

"Thanks for bringing these over oppa. We could've just gone to the dorm." Mara said, looking at Taeyang lovingly.

Taeyang seemed to notice that Mara likes her, but he never lets himself get carried away. He still liked Dara after all. The real Dara.

"You're welcome." he smiled cutely which made Mara's heart beat so fast.

As if on cue, Jiyong went out of the bathroom, fully dressed with some boots on and a denim jumper, and sees the scene. He suddenly grew jealous.

She's not even Dara. What the heck is wrong with me?!?

He pulled Mara's ear and guided her to the bathroom.

"Change." was all he said before shutting the door on her face, just like what she did to him.

Jiyong turned to Taeyang.

"Do you like her?" he asked seriously.

This had Taeyang wondering. He smirked.

"So what if I do? She's not Dara." he teased.

Jiyong scoffed and playfully punched Taeyang in the arm. Taeyang chuckled.

"I'm kidding. Why are you so mad about me liking her?" Taeyang then did a dramatic gasp. "Are you... developing feelings for her already?"

Daesung choked on his water and rushed near the 2.

"No hyung! She just looks like Dara noona! You can't like her!" he said.

"Well who said I did!" Jiyong screamed, flicking Daesung in the forehead.

"Oww..." Daesung said, backing away from the 2.

"Just do your best in WGM. We'll be going back to the dorm now. Hwaiting!" Taeyang said as he hugs Jiyong and left with Daesung.

Jiyong sat in the sofa and thought about it.

I could like her... But it isn't right. I feel like I'm violating Dara and that hurts me more....

Mara got out of the bathroom dressed and noticed Jiyong thinking deeply. She decided to jump on his back and surprise him.

"BOOO!" she screamed. Jiyong and she got thrown out of the sofa and she found herself on top of Jiyong. She immediately backed away.

"What is wrong with you woman?!" Jiyong said.

"He he, peace." Mara said as she held up two fingers. "So... watcha thinking?" she continued as she sat on the sofa.

Jiyong sighed and sat next to her.

"I don't know... things... love... music... Dara..."

Mara sulked after hearing about Dara.

Aish, I shouldn't have asked...

"What if.... I liked someone else while she's gone?" he suddenly blurted out.

Mara gasped and stared at him. What is he saying? she thought.

Realizing what he said, Jiyong looked at Mara awkwardly. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Oh great! The crew's here! Let's go!" Mara said, trying to break the awkward vibe that Jiyong gave.

Jiyong sighed heavily after Mara left to open the door.

What am I doing? You dumb babo.... Jiyong thought as he sulked in the sofa.

****

After the WGM taping, Mara was asked to do an interview for Etude House.

"No.... I... I don't wanna...." Mara said, remembering what Jonghyun did to her. Jiyong sensed Mara's scared form.

"Why? What's wrong?" Jiyong asked worriedly.

Mara doesn't want to tell Jiyong what Jonghyun did. It would ruin their friendship for sure.

"A... Aniya..." she stuttered. As she was about to decline, SHINee's minivan arrived at their WGM house. Out came Onew, then Key and Minho.

The hoobaes bowed to Jiyong. Jiyong bowed in return and smiled at them.

"So, are you taking Dara now?" he asked. Onew and Key nodded, Minho was poker face, but he was staring at Mara and her shaking form.

"Well, you see Dara's kind of..." Jiyong trailed off as he looked over to Mara, who looked like a nervous wreck.

Onew and Key furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

What's wrong with her? Key thought.

Minho understood right away, and without thinking, he approached Mara and put his arms around her. Mara felt relieved that Minho was comforting her, while the others just gasped at the scene. Jiyong however, was starting to get furious.

"She's just tired I guess. I'll accompany her to her van." he said. They started walking towards Mara's minivan, leaving the others shocked.

"Does Minho like Dara?" Onew asked.

"What?!" Jiyong's tone suddenly rose. Onew and Key looked at him wide eyed.

"We're sorry hyung..." Onew bowed. Jiyong realized what he did and immediately bowed.

"No, no, I'm sorry for lashing out... I better go, take care of Dara..." he said then went back inside the house.

Onew and Key stared at each other in wonder.

"Is there something going on here that I don't know about?" Onew said as he scratches his head.

Key frowned. "I don't know hyung. I don't know."

Meanwhile, Minho carefully guided Mara inside her van.

"Are you still breathing?" he joked, lightening up the mood. But still, Mara remained scared and shaky. Minho sighed.

"I already scolded Jonghyun hyung. Please.... stop freaking out."

"You what? Why did you do that! He's older than you!" Mara said. Part of the reason why she's angry is because she's afraid Jonghyun will get back at her for what Minho did.

"Sorry Dara... I... I just don't like seeing you like this...."

Mara furrowed her brows. Is he in love with Dara? Oh no... what if he knew about Dara and Jiyong's relationship... she thought.

Just then, Key approached the 2.

"Okay stop it you lovebirds. Minho, you better come to the van now, Jonghyun's complaining already."

At the moment she heard Jonghyun's name, Mara began shaking like crazy again. Key became alarmed.

"W- what's happening?" Key asked worriedly.

"Hyung just.... just go already. I'll accompany Dara in her van."

"What? Minho you can't-"

"Please hyung." Minho pleaded.

Key sighed in defeat then eyed Mara. He glared at Minho. "You need to explain what is happening later." he said before stomping back to SHINee's van.

Minho watched the van leave before turning back to Mara. After the van left, Mara relaxed a bit. For now, she was breathing normally again.

"Here, drink some water." MInho said, handing Mara a bottle. Mara bowed and took it, chugging down madly.

"Stay calm okay. I'm here Dara. I'll protect you from Jong... from him." he stated.

Mara weakly smiled at Minho. He rode Mara's van and they went off to the set. Little did they know, Jiyong was watching everything from the bedroom's window. He glared at how Minho was taking care of Mara too much, and how Mara was accepting it wholeheartedly, forgetting she already has a husband.

Wait... what am I saying? I'm not a real husband. And besides... she's just.... a stand in....  he thought, although he felt hurt after saying it.

He was always bothered by his thoughts the whole day that he can't concentrate on writing his songs. The picture of Minho and Mara together was always popping in his mind.

"Aish!" he screamed as he throws the pencil away. He rubbed his aching head. "What the hell is wrong with me?"

Suddenly, his phone rang. He gazed at it. It was an unknown number. Should I take it?

"Hello?" he said awkwardly.

"Ji... Jiyong...." a faint voice said from the other line.

Jiyong's eyes widened. Suddenly his neurons were alive and kicking. He felt all jolly deep inside, yet he knows he still doesn't want to feel this way.

"Where... where are you?" he asked, feeling tears well up in his eyes. "Dara! Answer me!" he yelled.

****

Mara woke up seeing her head against Minho's shoulder. She immediately perked up, flustered.

"Oh, you're awake." he said, not looking at her. She blushed.

"Sorry if I strained you shoulder..." she shyly said.

Minho looked at her with questioning eyes.

I know you're not Dara Shin, young lady. Dara never says sorry to ANYONE. he thought. Should I blow her cover? And... why is she doing this anyways?

Someone tapped their window, causing them to jump in surprise. Minho annoyingly opened the van door.

"Onew hyung! You scared us!" he whined.

"Oh... hehehehe sorry. Well, Dara, you better go get ready now, the makeup noonas said the room is ready." Onew said, smiling at Mara.

"Thank you Onew sunbae. I'll go now if you excuse me." she said politely. Onew bowed and let her exit the van. Minho however, felt hesitant to leave her alone.

He got off the van and decided to follow her, when Onew stopped him by pulling his arm.

"And as for you... we need to talk." Onew said, looking at Minho with a serious face.

"Hyung, I-"

"What's wrong with Dara. That's all I needed to know."

"Hyung, I don't think she'll allow it if I told you-"

"Tell me." Onew insisted.

Minho sighed. The pushy leader is pushy. He had no choice but to confess what Jonghyun did to Dara... well, alternating the story of course.

"I... saw Jonghyun fighting with Dara and... of course, being the gentleman that I was, I tried stopping them, cause Jonghyun was about to slap Dara. You know he's short tempered." he stated.

Onew gasped dramatically, shocked about what he's hearing.

"That kid needs some scolding." he said, lunging to where the rest of the members were. Minho pulled him before he got any further.

"No hyung, it's okay. You saw how mad I was at him weeks ago. Key was practically ripping my collar off remember? It's just that I think Dara was traumatized about what happened. I'll talk to her... and I'll try to talk with Jonghyun too." he said, leaving out the much needed 'hyung' after Jonghyun's name. No way is he respecting that guy again. After what he did to Dara, the real Dara, and the Dara doppelganger.

Onew thought slowly, sighing in defeat afterwards and nodding at Minho. Minho in return, smiled and pulled Onew to SHINee's dressing room.

When they arrived, Key looked at Minho and Onew full of wonder.

"You're hiding something from me again." he said sternly, hinting that the word 'again' was for Minho.

Minho looked down and chuckled.

"Aigoo hyung, stoooo~p." he tried doing aegyo so Key would forgive him already. Key gagged at him and pushed him away.

"WHAT THE HELL CHOI MINHO!" Key screeched, laughing afterwards.

Minho laughed too, along with Onew and Taemin. Jonghyun however, was in a corner looking at Minho seriously. Minho glanced at him and gave back the icy glare that he was giving to Minho.

After a while, SHINee proceeded outside and was greeted by a few reporters. They bowed respectfully and waited for Mara to come out of her own dressing room.

Mara was shaking as she reaches for the door knob. She wasn't that ready to face Jonghyun yet. She was too traumatized of what happened.

I must endure this. I endured leaving my family in Busan, I endured pretending to be Jiyong's wife in WGM. I can do this. she convinced herself.

She slowly opened the door and was greeted by the 5 smiling boys. Somehow Key softened to her a bit already. But Jonghyun was faking his smile.

This Dara . How dare she leave America. he thought. He wasn't able to contact anyone from America after his encounter with Dara weeks ago. He was thinking of how dumb his hired men were. But now, he will settle everything once and for all.

Mara eyed Jonghyun. She saw how fake Jonghyun's smile was, and this made him flinch and back away from them. Minho noticed this and pulled her close to him.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here." he whispered on her ears.

The other members were shocked of Minho's actions towards Mara. Well, except for Onew since he knew what happened.

Minho guided Mara slowly toward the tables, never minding the loud murmurings coming from the press people. Jonghyun however, was enraged by how affectionate Minho is to Mara.

Disaster struck when Mara realized she was sitting between Jonghyun and Taemin. Minho was very far away from her, and she started palpitating, although she tried her best to hold it in.

Jonghyun smirked as he saw Mara's state. Scared of me eh? It's your entire fault for escaping Dara.

The interview started. Mara tried her best in answering the questions, although she finds it hard to answer questions about her work as a model before Etude House and WGM. She just tried making something up, hoping it won't ruin the real Dara Shin once she gets back.

Halfway through the interview, Jonghyun decided to initiate skinship. He suddenly grasped Mara's hand from under the table, causing Mara to flinch. Minho noticed this, as well as Taemin who was beside her.

"Noona, are you okay?" Taemin asked worriedly. Mara tried to fake laugh as she nodded.

Minho was panicking. He was seated beside Onew, who was beside Taemin. The people would be suspicious if he suddenly stands up and heads to Mara's place. He was how Mara was slowly draining color, as she broke into a cold sweat.

Jonghyun however, enjoyed every bit of fear Mara was getting. He smirked once in a while, causing some reporters to squeal. He grasped Mara's hand tighter, eliciting a whimper from her. This time Taemin got really worried and faced her fully. He gasped as he saw how Mara was shaking uncontrollably, and how she was pale.

"Noona, please tell what's wro-"

Before he could finish, he saw Mara's eyes closed slowly and she was about to fall off her chair. Being the slow minded boy that he was, he wasn't realizing that Mara has fainted.

Minho noticed Mara was about to fall and rushed to his seat, never minding what controversy would pop up. He caught Mara on time and felt how cold her hands were.

"Somebody call an ambulance!" he shrieked at some of the staffs.

Everyone was in an uproar. Even the culprit, Jonghyun, couldn't know what to do.

"Dara, Dara wake up please..." Minho whispered as he Mara's face.

The ambulance arrived a little afterwards and everybody watched as SHINee boarded the ambulance with an unconscious Dara Shin.


A/N: Sorry for not updating for such a long time! I still haz hangover from BIGBANG's concert here in my country. Anyways, comment, like and subscribe. I was kinda thinking already about what would happen next, since I'm always having a writer's block. :)))))))))