Starting Today, You're Dead

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

A/N: Just to clarify, Taemin and Minho are sophomores (10th grade), Key and Jjong are juniors (11th grade), and Onew is a senior (12th grade). Okay, I've been keeping you guys waiting long enough. On with the story!

 

Two can play that game.

---

Jonghyun's POV:

I couldn't help but feel horrifically elated even after I had returned home from Onew's place.

A satisfied smirk seemed to be permanently plastered onto my lips. I couldn't wait for the upcoming day; I had so much planned in store for that damned . Tomorrow when afternoon rolled around, I was due to make a little announcement in the lunchroom.

Tomorrow, you're dead, Kim Kibum, I thought venomously before I knocked out.

Key's POV:

My alarm buzzed noisily like a siren. 

The obnoxious sound flooded the room and filled my ears. I groaned, without stirring from where I lay. I outstretched an arm, and it lazily found its way to my alarm. Upon contact with the snooze button, my hand slapped down, finally silencing the deafening noise. Sighing in satisfaction, I stretched the covers over my head and lulled back to sleep for what only felt like a couple minutes.

I sat up in bed, feeling refreshed and completely awake. I opened my mouth wide and yawned while stretching my arms. Subconsciously, I turned my head to face my alarm. It read 7:40. Very near a heart attack, I shrieked in horror and shot out of bed like a rocket.

"IT'S ALREADY SEVEN FORTY?" I shrieked. "Aish! Kibum, you pabo!" I cursed to myself, while wrestling into my slacks.

Once that task was completed, I quickly dressed myself up in my white, button down dress shirt and matching blazer. I fumbled with my fingers as I lazily and hastily did my tie. A task that would have normally been completed in about ten minutes (I'm really finicky about my appearance. What are you gonna do, right?) I had managed to complete in just over sixty seconds.

I snatched up my messenger bag which was hanging by the strap on the back of a chair and rushed out of my room, without bothering to spare a glance at the mirror to check my reflection. I rushed into the kitchen to discover my mom calmly washing the dishes and humming a tune.

"Umma! Why didn't you bother to wake me up?" I whined. My mom put down the plate she was washing and turned to look at me with a surprised expression on her face.

"Kibum, you're still here?" she asked, obviously confused. "You might as well eat breakfast then. What would you like?"

"Aish. Never mind. I'll be going now," I grumbled, grabbing a random banana lying on the counter. It would serve as a makeshift breakfast. I bid my mother ado and hurriedly rushed out the door.

I know my composure seemed pretty disarrayed. I'm usually a cool, calm, and collected guy. But the fact that school was at best a twenty minute walk from my home (and yes, I did have to walk) was pretty unsettling and made me freak out in the morning.

Classes officially began at 7:55 AM sharp. Such an elegant school as SM Institute was sure to take very disciplinary actions on those who are tardy, which would, unfortunately, be me. Upon realizing this, I only sprinted harder and faster. To others I probably resembled an unemployed maniac running amuck, but at that moment I could care less about my appearance (shocker, right?).

My usually smooth, glossy, and vibrant plum hair felt stringy and unkempt. My already messy hair became more disheveled as the wind blew right through my dark locks which whipped my face, blurring my vision as I ran at my topmost speed.

With my heart pacing, I quickly glanced down at my wristwatch. The hour hand was pointed at the boldfaced seven, and the minute hand was mockingly sneaking up behind the ten. 7:48.

"," I muttered breathlessly. The total distance was about seven blocks, and I had only managed to cover just over four. If I continued to run at my current speed, I'd be able to reach the school in about three or four minutes, give or take. But I just wasn't cut out for running. I never was. I was quickly getting drained of energy, and if I didn't catch my breathe soon, I would collapse.

But if you're late, that would be even more humiliating, I thought. So I pushed on. Two more blocks. I dodged in and out of speeding cars as I ran through cross-walks, even if the traffic lights radiated bright red, indicating that it would be suicide to attempt to run across. Cars honked and spat out profanities, but I didn't care.

"YAH! PABO! GET OFF THE STREET!" a middle-aged driver shouted out. I muttered something like sorry but kept running, not stopping once. I rounded the corner of the final block and could make out the entrance of SM Institute. Hope fluttered in my chest as I ran through the entrance without hearing the starting bell.

I'm gonna make it! I thought excitedly, placing a shaky hand on the handle of the door leading to the main building— TrrrrriiiIIIINNNGGGG!!!

"AISH!" I cried out in disbelief. Completely out of breath, I began panting heavily. I checked my watch. Yup, 7:55. I slumped my shoulders, feeling completely dejected, and hurried to class. When I got to the door, I took a deep breath, then stepped inside.

There was no doubt in my mind that I probably looked terrible, and smelled terrible, too. It was evident in the expressions strewn across my classmates' faces. Shock, disgust, loathing. The way they wrinkled their noses in distaste as they eyed me up and down in complete disapproval.

"Late again, Mr. Kibum?" Mr. Kwon said accusingly without looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kwon. My snooze button broke. It never went off again," I explained feebly. I was so pathetic.

"Excuses are tools of the incompetent," Mr. Kwon said as he looked up from his newspaper to look at me. He wore a deep scowl. "Now, then. Take a seat."

"But sir, I-"

"Take. Your. Seat. My patience has already worn thin." Mr. Kwon grumbled, totally sounding irritated with me.

"Neh," I grumbled, hanging my head. I crossed the room and sat down in my desk. When I was settled, Jessica made a gagging noise which brought up unwanted snickers.

"Ugh, what is that god-awful smell?" she whined, pinching her nose in exaggeration. I rolled my eyes at her. Jessica proceeded to take something out of her purse, which for some reason she had at school. She dished out a little itty-bitty thing of perfume, or I assumed it was. It was a glass bottle with some pale, purple, transparent liquid.

Jessica held up the bottle so it directly faced me, and with a press of her finger, sprayed a strong scented haze right into my face. I sputtered as I felt some of the perfume land in my mouth, leaving an awful taste.

"There. Now you don't smell like a dog crapped on you," she giggled, but it sounded more like a cackle, and continued to spritz me.

"Yah! What are you doing!" I spat, flailing my arms in front of my face, trying to protect myself.

"KIM KIBUM!" Mr. Kwon shouted. I gulped and immediately stopped flailing like an idiot.

"N-neh?"

"If you can't bring yourself to pay attention, then I just won't bother with you anymore. Understood?"

"Neh, Mr. Kwon," I replied in a small voice. And for the rest of the class period, I kept my mouth shut, despite the snickers and the jeering I received.

I survived my remaining classes, and finally the bell to start lunch rang. I suddenly remembered that in my haste to get ready and hurry off to school, I had forgotten my lunch at home. I was seriously dreading life right now, but then I thought of Taemin. Surely my little dongsaeng would be able to brighten my mood. I put on a smile and headed towards the lunchroom. This day couldn't possibly get any worse, right?

Oh, I could just slap myself for how wrong I was.

Jonghyun's POV:

The teacher's incoherent gibberish about the different functions of the cell's organelles went through one ear then blew right out the other.

I was too busy focusing on the clock to pay any attention in class. It was the period before lunch. I was feeling antsy. The seconds ticked one by one, nearing closer and closer to the end of the period, and the start of lunch.

Thirty seconds. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That is why the functions of the ribosomes and the endoplasmic reticulum go hand-in-hand..." Shut up, Mr. Pyeong. No one cares.

Ten seconds. I bit my lip.

Five...four...three...two...TRRRIIIIINGGG! 

I shot out of my seat, ignoring the many hoots and hollers that I received from my classmates, and rushed out the door. Onew and Minho were already waiting out in the hallway. I could hear the many cries of many lovestruck females ringing through the hallway.

"Oh, wow! It's Minho-oppa!" "Onew-ah! Onew-ah! I was your lab partner in the tenth grade!" "Jonghyun-sunbaenim! Saranghaeyo!" I laughed as I joined up with Minho and Onew. A crowd of girls had formed a few yards away, so I flashed them a haughty and arrogant smile. The girls shrieked with delight, and I think one of them fainted. No matter, I turned my attention back to my fellows.

"Is phase one of our plan ready to initiate?" I asked. They nodded in reply. I grinned evilly and we proceeded to head towards the lunchroom. "Alright. So, who's hungry?"

Key's POV:

I entered the always crowded lunchroom and hastily made my way towards the back. I discovered Taemin already seated at our claimed table, his meal already have been purchased.

"Annyeong, Key-hyung!" he greeted me cheerfully as I sat down. I sighed as my plopped onto the seat, then turned to him and ruffled his hair.

"Annyeong, my precious Taeminnie," I greeted sweetly. Taemin grinned up at me, but upon taking in my appearance, he frowned.

"Hyung, you look awful," he put bluntly. "Did you get into an accident?" I laughed, and shook my head.

"Aniyo. I overslept so I didn't have enough time to get ready. I don't have any food either, except this banana." I explained, pulling out from my bag the banana I had grabbed earlier. I had forgotten about it up until now. Taemin nodded in understanding.

"Then let's share this," he suggested, nodding his head towards the bought school lunch. I shook my head once more. "Why not, hyung?"

"It's yours, Taemin. I won't take your food just because I forgot mine." Taemin rolled his eyes cutely then snatched the banana from my hand.

"Then if I eat this, we'll call it even and share, araso? Aigo, hyung. You worry too much," Taemin asserted. I chuckled then patted his head.

"Araso, I will eat this well-" I was cut off by the deafening shrill shrieks of male and female students.

"Wow, they're here!" "It's them!" "Aigo! They're too handsome!" "Kyaaa~ he just winked at me!" "No, he winked at me!" "Look over here!" Boys and girls continued to scream and shout all throughout the lunchroom.

"What's happening, hyung?" a curious Taemin asked.

"Not sure," I answered with a shrug. "And I don't think I wanna find out. Come on, let's just go."

"But...our food!" Taemin interjected stubbornly.

"Let's just bring it with us..."

"Attention, everyone. I'd like to have everyone's attention." I froze upon hearing that all-too-familiar voice. I looked up to see an arrogant looking dinohead smiling smugly and standing at the center of the lunchroom with his two cronies, Minho and Onew, on either side of him. Oh, dear lord...

Jonghyun's POV:

"Attention, everyone. I'd like to have everyone's attention," I called out.

Immediately, the lunchroom fell silent. A satisfied smirk pried onto my lips. I glanced at Minho and Onew, who were standing to my left and right. They nodded reassuringly. Onew stepped up to speak.

"Normally, this isn't our place to dine at lunch. It can only be expected that we're here for a substantial reason." Hushed whispers began to flow steadily around the room. I cleared my throat loudly. Immediate silence returned. Minho stepped up to speak as well.

"Neh. Well, you see, our Jonghyun has a very important announcement to make. We'd like you all to give full consideration to what he is about to say, and we hope that you oblige." Finally, it was my turn to face the crowd of curious-driven students.

"You all should know by now that we have a new student here at SM. Something you do not know, however, is that I had been assaulted by none other than Kim Kibum himself. Not just once, as you all had witnessed, but a second time!" A collective gasp and a chorus of "Whaaa?" and "Bwoooh?" and "Reaaally?" rang among the students.

All heads turned towards a lone figure hanging around the back of the room. I gazed over to the direction they were looking at and met the eyes of Kim Kibum, and he looked absolutely terrible. His expression held so much shock that I wanted to laugh out loud. However, I held my composure and cleared my throat loudly.

"It seems that you are all familiar with him. Very good. However, I have a proposition to make." All eyes, fully intent, turned towards me. I took a deep breath, then continued on. "From this day forth, you are to show Kim Kibum nothing but bitter contempt. Show him no kindness. Let him know that he is not welcomed here. By all means, make his life so miserable to the point where he's driven out of the school, and driven into insanity." Without any further words, I turned around and headed towards the exit, Minho and Onew following suit.

From behind me, I could hear a plethora of clamorous jeering and taunting, and the beautiful symphony of lunch trays and silverware being thrown across the room, and food making contact with people. One person in particular, to be exact.

I smirked in outright pleasure and enjoyment, feeling completely self-rewarded. Then I broke out into a sudden fit of haughty laughter. I could tell Onew and Minho felt uneasy as they exchanged looks of uncertainty, but I didn't care. I was feeling so satisfied with myself. It was time to let others know that no one could ever dream of overtaking me. I'm Kim Jonghyun, for Christ's sake.

Kim Kibum, starting today, you're dead.

 

A/N: *le gasp* Wow, who knew Jjong is so evil! How will the two ever make amends? I thought Onew was kind to Key before, so why doesn't he try to stop Jonghyun? What will happen to poor Key D: I'm waiting to receive all of your lovely comments! And I apologize for not updating sooner. Thank you for waiting ^^

I usually don't proofread, so if you spot any major errors, please let me know immediately. Thank you all! Saranghae~