First Days Are Always The Hardest

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

This story will be told in multiple POV's.

Key's POV:

I glared at my parents as they drove away, waving after me, after they dropped me off. I turned my head and stared up begrudgingly at the large entrance to SM Institute for the Gifted, otherwise abbreviated as S.M.I.G. (I laughed silently at my own private joke).

I scoffed as I eyed the many boys and girls, soon-to-be successors of their big-shot parents' successful companies, as they pushed and shoved at each other playfully. They giggled stupidly, hollered obnoxiously, and droned on and on about incoherent gibberish which I assumed was their way of making daily conversation.

Here's a little secret for you. This school really was hardly established for "the gifted." Unless you count being wealthy gifted. It felt more like a prison. A very grand, very fancy prison for spoiled rich snobs. Literally speaking, only the rich could afford to attend this school. The material fee and quality of education skyrocket the charts of any school in South Korea. It didn't matter how smart you were, where you wanted to go in life, or how serious you took your education. If you had the money to pay, you could easily be admitted.

It would be a commoner's pathetic wish for them to dream of affording this school, which is why my parents rushed me here immediately the moment I got a scholarship to attend. This was all against my own will, of course. I guess it pays off to be smart, no pun intended.

I felt awkward in my "too fancy to be a school uniform" attire, which consisted of a blazer, a dress shirt, trousers, and a tie. I could tell just by looking at my uniform that the cost of the material was easily more expensive than anything I owned at home.

Seriously, what am I even doing here? I thought, sulking. I could immediately tell that looking myself apart from everyone else, I just didn't belong here.

Nearly every student, if not all of them, would inherit the companies of their parents. All the guys could easily afford the latest gadgets and gizmos. With one plea of complaint, the girls' daddies could whip out their wallets and spend endless amounts of cash for their "little angels" on plastic surgery, hair-do's, fake lashes, whatever you could think of.

As for me? My parents were dentists. We were well off, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself rich. Winning the lottery to me would probably add up to a daily paycheck for most the students' parents here.

A student, a really beefy looking guy, shoved past me.

"Move, loser," he growled somewhat menacingly. I wasn't threatened one bit, but I knew porky here could easily sit on me with one quick movement of his bum, and that would be the end of it. I obliged and muttered a quick "sorry" or something like that. I waited a bit for him to get ahead before I made my way into the school.

The campus was gorgeous. It was like a very cute little park. There were paved walkways leading to several magnificent structured buildings. Benches and street lamps lined the walkways. Plains of crisp, freshly-cut, bright green grass streched all over the campus grounds. Big, shady trees stood tall along the campus. Students lounged casually underneath the shade. Little patches of flowers grew in miniscule gardens here and there. There was even a water fountain. It was pretty magnificent to look at. Although, there was a bust of a cupid, which was pretty random, and the cupid was creepy looking and it kinda freaked me out, so I turned my attention somewhere else.

Is this really a high school? I thought in disbelief. The architecture really was incredible. I should seriously find out who the gardener of this place was.

Just as I was admiring how grand everything was, I overheard a bunch of plastic-looking girls who looked like lowerclassmen, probably sophomores.

"Check out my extensions!" one of them gushed.

"Wow, Seohyun! You look so pretty!" a nasaly sounding girl said, beaming. Her compliment wasn't sincere, though. I could catch the hint of jealousy in her voice. She was probably plotting something to say that would make the girl named Seohyun jealous...and I was totally overanalyzing this completely pointless conversation.

I turned my attention away from the snobby sophomores and absorbed myself into observing every aspect of the campus. I was too engulfed in the scenery that I didn't notice the plastic girls begin to spaz out like total ditzes, along with pretty much everyone else currently on the campus.

"OH. MY. GOD. THERE THEY ARE!" a girl shrieked. Upon hearing that girl, since she practically screamed in my ear, my attention was torn away and I looked over to the direction everyone started crowding around. Students pushed past me, trying to get near the main entrance of the school. For what? No clue.

"YAH! Do you know how much this costs?" I scolded, referring to my uniform. They probably did, though. But cost would never be a problem for these spoiled brats. And either no one heard me or they ignored me, because they continued to speed past me, brushing me all over.

When it seemed like most of the students were crowded at the entrance, I brushed off my uniform.

"Seriously, these kids..." I muttered, annoyed.

Though however annoyed I was, my curiosity won the best of me, and I walked over to the crowd of awaiting students. I craned my neck to see what all the hustle and bustle was about, but I made the unfortunate decision of running over there at the last minute, so there was a thick line of people ahead of me.

"Jonghyun-hyung! You're looking sharp, as always!" "Minho-oppa, you're so charismatic!" "Onew-oppa, would you like some of fried chicken? I prepared it all night, just for you!" "OMGITSJONGHYUNANDMINHOANDONEWTHEYARESOHOT!" Everyone kept hollering and screaming out like maniacs.

Jonghyun? Minho? Onew? Who were these guys, and why was everyone flailing around and spazzing out because of their presence? I shook my head in disbelief at the many students who were gushing over a trio of guys.

"Tch. This is stupid," I muttered. Some people seemed to overhear me, because as I said my snooty remark, a group of girls gasped. I ly to come face-to-face with the plastics I was listening to earlier.

"You did not just say that!" the one called Seohyun said, exasperated.

"How terrible!" another girl squeaked.

"Who do you think you are? Do you have any idea who you're talking about?" the nasaly girl said, sounding completely distressed. Why were these chicks acting like I spat on someone's grave or something? Seriously.

I shrugged. The girls made another collective gasp, then glared at me with beady eyes, crossed their arms simultaneously, and shook their heads. I was mildly creeped out at how in-sync these girls were.

"I don't get what everyone is so worked up about. They're just a bunch of guys," I said, hoping that would sound defensive enough. The girls continued to shake their annoying little plastic heads at me.

"You really don't know, do you?" Seohyun said, sounding repulsed. I shook my head. She sighed as if I was the most irritating thing on earth.

"Well, if you must know, Kim Jonghyun is the iest, the hottest, and the coolest boy in the entire school," the nasaly girl interjected. She continued on.

"His mother owns the entire school, and his dad owns all of SM, a well-known company with a very high success rate. Jonghyun will inherit the company, of course. Any woman would be too undeserving for him, yet totally lucky to be with him. You mess with him, and you and your family can forget how to live. Choi Minho is by far the most charismatic and charming boy ever. His grandfather was president. He resigned from office a couple years ago. Minho is also doing some part-time modeling. And Lee Onew is one of the cutest, smartest, and most down-to-earth boys you will ever meet. He is just so deep and poetic. I'm getting all dreamy just thinking about it. Anyway, his parents own, like, the biggest chain of museums in South Korea. They also have their own line of fried chicken and meat. There's several factories and establishments everywhere. He's also ranked number 2 in the entire school. Isn't he smart?"

I stared at her, quickly taking in and processing the information she had given me, but I made no response. Only number two? I was ranked number one in the entire district at my public school. I could totally outschool this Onew guy. I gave her an uninterested look.

"You really haven't heard of them?" she said in disbelief. I shook my head again. She scoffed. So did the other girls. "They're only like, the flower boys of the school. Maybe all of Seoul, possibly even the entire country. But whatever. You'd have to be a real loser not to know anything." And with that, they turned their attention away from me and continued to gush over the three boys.

I shook my head, disgusted, at all the people fangirling (and even fanboying, who knew, right?) over the boys named Jonghyun, Minho, and Onew. I hadn't seen them yet, since there was a seemingly thick crowd of people circling them, and I didn't want to wait long enough to check things out.

Instead, I decided to turn around and head towards the main building of the school so I could get my schedule from the head office.

The crowd of people behind me dispersed into two sides, as if Moses parted the sea of something. I was too busy to notice three flashy-looking boys striding through the path the students had made for them, and heading my direction. As I walked towards the office, I heard a loud gasp, then a collection of horrible laughter. I quickly spun around to see what all the commotion was about, and I gasped at what I saw.

Third-person POV:

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jonghyun-sunbae. I prepared a cake for you," a lowerclassman approached the older shyly. She held out the cake she had made. "Please accept this as a token of my love!" she squeaked. The boy named Jonghyun stared at the girl with a blank expression. His eyes darted towards the cake in the awaiting girl's hands. He gingerly accepted the cake, saying nothing. Some people murmured, but the girl looked happier than she would have on Christmas morning.

Jonghyun looked back at the girl. With a sudden and unexpected motion, he slammed the cake into the girl's face. A gasp collected from the crowd, then everyone was laughing and pointing. The girl began to sobbing.

"Tch. Sunbae only accepts delicacies from the finest pastry makers. He wouldn't accept something so dirty and cheap like that," Seohyun said in a matter-of-fact tone with a giggle and a flawless hair-flip. Everyone laughed alongside her. The girl broke out into a full-on cry and ran towards the main building and past Key.

Jonghyun and his two companions walked on as if nothing had happened.

Key's POV:

I stared in disbelief, my mouth agape, at the scene I had just witnessed.

First, I was overcome by the appearance of the boys.

Kim Jonghyun had the bad boy element and a dangerous look to him, but he was undeniably handsome. Extremely handsome. He had blonde-ish, brown-ish, orange-y hair that was sharp and edgy. Even with all those colors going on, it still worked for him. He had a nice jaw-line, shoulder-line, probably would have had a nice S-line if he was a girl. He also had muscular arms. Jonghyun wore a smug look on his face as if to say "Look at me, I'm hot." He struck me as a hard-edged playboy.

Choi Minho was easily the most good-looking guy I had ever seen. He was very charming and held a strong gaze that could easily melt any girl's heart. He had very dark brown, wavy-ish long hair that reached the base of his shoulders. He looked very athletic, and his body was toned nicely. Minho had a very mysterious look to him, as if he didn't really reveal much of himself, yet he was well-known by many. He was probably a frequent heart-breaker.

Lee Onew had brown, shaggy looking hair that seemed to stick up in certain parts of his head. It was messy, but cool. It was the type of  unique style that most girls loved, and most guys envied. He seemed to look the nicest, friendliest, and most humble of the three, but he still had that aura of coolness that made people unwilling to approach him. In his hand was a drumstick of fried chicken, which he was happily engorging himself on.

Even though they were styling the same school uniform as everyone else, the boys did look sharp, and they were every bit as handsome as everyone described. Well, that would be giving them too much credit, I thought. But I was only trying to convince myself that they weren't so special. I sudden wave of anxiety and insecurity washed over me as the boys approached.

I'd like to include, however, that as handsome as these guys were, they were complete . What Jonghyun did to that girl made me want to make a cake appear in my hand and slam it into that cocky, dinohead of his, or at least punch him in the puppy-looking face. And the fact that nobody helped that girl made me realize how terrible everyone here was. They seriously had no sense of respect for others or themselves. Jonghyun's friends didn't even scold him or give him a word about what he had did. It was as if they were used to Jonghyun's cruel antics.

I stood there awkwardly like an idiot, frozen in the middle of the paved walkway, as Jonghyun, Minho, and Onew approached me. There were a million things running through my head that I wanted to say to them. I wanted to bring out the umma and me and scold them, hard. But the words couldn't formulate, and they wouldn't come out. It was like someone had cut off my tongue and tape d my mouth shut

I was never one to let things easily get past me. I was always the type who would speak up or call someone out for their actions, but for some reason, these guys actually...intimidated me. More than anything else at that moment, I kept wishing and hoping to never get on their bad side, otherwise I'd be ruined for sure. I was overanalyzing things again so I was too distracted to notice the three boys stop in front of me. Suddenly, everyone stopped the low-toned chatter and became silent.

"Move," Jonghyun commanded coldly.

"W-what?" I asked, snapping out of my daze. Jonghyun was at the front, and Minho and Onew were either side of him, but hung back a little, kind of like a triangle shape.

"I. Said. Move," he repeated, very slowly in fact. He totally tried to make me feel like an idiot. I glared at him. Suddenly, all my fear left me. I was not about to be pushed around by this low-life, hot or not.

"You can walk around me. There's no rule that says 'don't step on the grass.' Or if you're too lazy to do that, just ask politely and I'll step out of your way," I said in a mocking tone, plastering on a sickeningly sweet smile. Another collected gasp rose from the crowd. More murmuring, whispering, and pointing.

I saw Jonghyun's jaw drop as if to say "look at dis ." Minho's expression changed from impassive to stunned and quickly to a fixated gaze. Onew simply looked amused.

Jonghyun stepped up and grabbed the collar of my blazer. "Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you have no idea who I am or what I'm capable of doing. Now, I suggest you move out of the way and never speak to me like that again, punk," he declared threateningly. I gulped. Okay, the fear was rushing back. I nodded weakly.

With a satisfied look and a smirk, Jonghyun released his grip on my collar and purposely shoved hard past me. People started laughing as I stumbled a little. Minho walked straight ahead. I had already learned my lesson, so I quickly but surely stepped to the side for him. As he passed by, I noticed a corner of his mouth turn up into a subtle smile. Onew gave me an apologetic look and made his way around me.

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. I let out a gasp and tried to even out my breathing. A loud bell rang from a speaker somewhere overhead, signaling everyone to head to class. The crowd dispersed at once. Normal chatter resumed.

People stared at my direction as they made their way to their designated classes. I could tell a lot of people where talking about me from all the pointing and eye contact people were giving me. The plastic girls glared icy daggers at me. With a huff, they stalked away.

Aigo, what have I gotten myself into? I thought, exasperated. My first day and I was already formulating quick enemies and a bad reputation. If that wasn't unpleasant enough, I was probably number one on the hit list for those three spoiled jerks. And after my little incident, I knew well just how much power they held over the entire school.

First days are always the hardest, but who would ever imagine that it would turn out to be this terrible?