And For The First Time, It Was Genuine

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

A/N: Okay, okay. I know I haven't updated in awhile *mentally slaps self* but I'm hoping that this chapter will make up for how I've been neglecting updating my story. I have already scolded myself for being lazy. Anyway, please remember to comment and subscribe if you haven't already!

 

"Key? What are you doing here?"

---

Third-Person POV:

A deep blush crept upon Key's face, tainting his pale cheeks with red.

"Who said you could call me by my nickname?" he muttered under his breath.

"Why can't I call you Key? Is it strange?" Jonghyun asked, his eyes growing wider. His voice held a hint of anxiety. Key shook his head.

"Ani. It's just weird. We're not even close," he said with a shrug. Jonghyun scoffed.

"Onew hyung calls you Key," he said pointedly. Key glared at Jonghyun.

"Last time I checked Onew hyung didn't try to kill me. Besides, you don't like me," Key asserted, crossing his arms over his chest with a huff.

"Yah! who said I was trying to kill you? And who said I didn't like you?" Jonghyun exclaimed, shooting up from the grass. He brushed up against Key so they were face-to-face. Key's eyes peered down and he noticed that their lips were a mere few inches apart. The gap could easily be closed with one step. For some odd reason, the idea was tempting, but instead Key took a sharp intake of breath before speaking.

"Well, who said that you liked me?" he interjected.

"I'm saying that I like y-" Jonghyun quickly cut off his own sentence before he could finish saying what was really on his mind. He knew that admitting something like that would be a huge regret. After all, Jonghyun couldn't lead Key on and make him believe that he actually wanted his relationship with Key to be placed somewhere along the lines as friends, or allies at least.

As he felt his cheeks heat up, Jonghyun jammed his fists into the front pockets of his pants and stared at the ground. Upon hearing Jonghyun's partially finished words, Key felt his own cheeks flush a light, rosy pink. He kicked at the ground mindlessly, and cleared his throat at the sudden awkwardness that hung in the silence.

"So, uh, Key...why did you come here?" Jonghyun mumbled, still looking at the grass. Key sighed.

"Didn't I say not to call me Key?" he spat irritably. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

"I can call you whatever I want. So, you wanted to see me?"

"Yah! Who said I wanted to see you?"

"You came to say something to me, right? So go ahead and say it."

"I have nothing to say to you, you pabo dinhohead."

"Dinohead? What the hell? And yes, you do have something to say. So tell me! Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell m-"

"Aish, araso! I came to apologize, okay?" As soon as the words left Key's lips, he gasped and quickly covered his mouth with both hands. Jonghyun couldn't stop himself from grinning from ear to ear.

"Yah! Wipe that smirk off your face," Key whined, removing his hands and pointing an accusing finger at Jonghyun. His lips jutted out into a pout. Jonghyun felt his own eyes laying on Key's perfect pair of plump, cherry lips. He couldn't stop himself from staring at the cute pout formed by his lips. Subconsciously, he began to his own lips. Key noticed Jonghyun's gaze and gave him a weird look.

"What are you staring at?" he asked uncertainly. "Is there something on my face?" Key then proceeded to lightly brush the skin of his face with his nimble fingers. Jonghyun shook out of his daze and tore his eyes away from Key. He chuckled and shook his head in reassurance.

"Ani. So, what are you apologizing for?"

"Who said I was apologizing?" Key muttered stubbornly. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and raised a questioning eyebrow at Key. Key's piercing glare melted into a soft, tired expression. He sighed in defeat.

"I shouldn't have been so thoughtless to you before. I really don't know what came over me. I guess I let all my frustration get the best of me, which made me lash out at you so hostily. I'm really sorry," Key blurted out quickly without stopping once to take a breath. He hung his head as he spoke so his words sounded a bit muffled. Key waited for Jonghyun to say something, but when he didn't, he looked up to glare at him.

"Yah! Aren't you going to apologize too?"

"What do I have to apologize for?" Jonghyun asked, feigning innocence, cocking his head to the side. Key sighed in exasperation.

"For trying to kill me! Because of your mindless stupidity, I nearly broke my ribs. Aish, you are seriously one thick-headed pabo." Key felt himself searing with annoyance. Jonghyun held his hands up defensively.

"For what it's worth, I wasn't the one who tried breaking your ribs. Another guy did," Jonghyun chided, grinning smugly.

Aish! Seriously, what is up with this guy? Key thought, shutting his eyes and rubbing his temples gently. "I don't know why I bothered to come out here. You don't even take me seriously," Key admonished, glaring at Jonghyun once again.

"Mmm, so you just couldn't resist me, neh?" Jonghyun sneered pompously, waggling his eyebrows at Key in a suggestive manner. Key scoffed.

"Seeing your face once is enough," he joked harshly. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and shoved Key playfully. "Mehrong," Key jeered, sticking out his tongue in a jaunty manner. Jonghyun chuckled and wrapped a muscular arm around Key's shoulders. Key stared at Jonghyun's arm with a look of utter distaste and quickly shrugged it off. He grimaced as he proceeded to brush off his shoulders as if they were flaked with something repulsive, like dandruff. Jonghyun pouted, masking a hurt expression.

"Why'd you do that?" he said, pretending to sound offended.

"I don't want my killer touching me. It makes me uneasy," Key muttered sarcastically. His eyes mindlessly drifted off toward the east building, where his assigned class was currently in session. He turned to face the building completely then proceeded to walk towards it. On a whim, Jonghyun briskly outstretched an arm and grabbed Key's wrist, forcing him to turn around and face him.

"Where are you going?" he asked urgently. Key looked up at him uneasily.

"It doesn't concern you. But if you really want to know, I'm heading to class now," he said impatiently.

"Why?" Jonghyun questioned. Key stared at him in disbelief. Was this kid seriously asking why?

"I can't just skip out on class, you dinhohead pabo," Key said pointedly. Then his eyes drifted down to Jonghyun's hand, which was still clasped around Key's thin wrist. Key felt himself blush as he eyed the contact between the two, but he cleared his throat and turned to look at a nearby tree. "Uh, you're still holding onto me." Jonghyun peered down to where the other boy had previously stared at, then he quickly released his hold on Key's wrist. Jonghyun wiped his palm, now a tad clammy, onto his slacks.

"S-sorry..." he muttered awkwardly. "But can you at least tell me how you found me?" he ventured. Key sighed and looked up at the sky as if searching for the right words to say. Then, after a few seconds, he spoke.

"I was feeling bad about yesterday, so when I ran into Onew and Minho, I asked if they knew where you were. They told me not to look for you because you weren't in a good mood, but I insisted that I come find you. They explained to me that they honestly didn't know where you were, so I gave up on that idea. I was in a bad mood all day, so I skipped last period, including this one, and decided to roam around the school, you know, for no reason. Then I found you here, but I wasn't sure if it was you, so I called out your name, and then surely, it was you," Key admitted.

All the while he spoke he had not once met Jonghyun's eyes, and with every word he spoke, his cheeks became more and more heated. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Jonghyun gave a low whistle.

"That's one hell of a story, Key." Key glared at Jonghyun for his remark.

"I'm glad that you're amused. If you don't mind, I'll be going now." And with a huff, Key turned and sauntered away. He had already gotten a few yards away before he turned back to look at Jonghyun. "And don't think this changes anything!" he called out. Jonghyun scoffed.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, you diva!" he responded flippantly.

"YAH! What did you just call me?" Key shouted back, his face fluctuating red with annoyance. Jonghyun chuckled. Key groaned then spun around, once again heading towards the building. "Aish! Seriously, that stupid, puppy-faced, dinohead pabo..." Key's laments of complaint grew fainter and fainter as he walked farther and farther from where he had previously stood, right in front of Jonghyun.

At that moment, Jonghyun was unsure of what to think or how to feel. If one thing was for certain, he no longer felt the bitterness and contempt that he had once felt for Key. Those feelings simply just...vanished. Disintegrated into nothingness. They simply no longer existed.

No more malevolent thoughts to be thought of, no more words of hatred to be spoken of, no more merciless actions to take on. But as Jonghyun thought of Key, all he could do was smile. Nothing more, nothing less.

And for what felt like the first time, it was genuine.

 

A/N: I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling pretty giddy and relieved at how JongKey turned out *sighs in contentment* but what will become of 2min? Hmm...well, that's up to me *evil author laughter*

Anyway, I know I've already asked you all to put forth your opinions on what my next JongKey fic should be after I've completed "Because You're My Everything" by commenting. However, it's been a tad difficult keeping track of the comments. So if I could just take a moment of your time and ask that you answer this poll I've created, it would be greatly appreciated! The descriptions of the stories are on the previous chapter, but just in case I'll post them up here as well.

All three are generally romantic comedies, but "I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game" will be more of an angst fic than the other two.

1. "Obsession"

Kim Kibum, also known as Key, has an unhealthy and sick obsession with the school's idol, Kim Jonghyun. Key says that he is "desperately in love" with Jonghyun, and will stop at nothing to claim Jonghyun's heart for his own. At first, Jonghyun is severely creeped out by Key's stalker-ish antics, and will try anything to get rid of the lovestruck boy. However, Key stubbornly persists on getting closer to Jonghyun at any cost, which results in both boys developing a close relationship with one another. Jonghyun gets the opportunity to experience the sweeter, softer side of Key. What happens when Jonghyun begins to fall for this "new side" of Key, all the while Key is starting to grow out of his immature and obsessive phase?

(Edit: I've decided to create a 2min story based off of this exact same plot rather than a JongKey story because I love 2min more than JongKey. Oh, and the title will be different.)

2. "100 Days of Summer"

Kim Kibum (Key) and Kim Jonghyun are two seemingly ordinary kids who are forced by their parents to attend a cliché summer camp for 100 days. Almost immediately upon arrival, the two get caught in an incident that makes them proclaim their bitter hate towards the other. They can't even be put in the same room without heatedly arguing with each other or getting under each others' skin. Their constant quarreling gets to the point where they have to be punished by sharing a desolate cabin with one another for the rest of the camp session. What will happen when Key and Jonghyun are forced to spend the rest of summer camp together?

3. "I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game"

Kim Jonghyun is the most popular boy in school, and not to mention the ultimate player. Kim Kibum, better known as Key, is your average nobody. He is also one of the many who are fed up with Jonghyun's shameless flirting, vulgar antics, and crude behavior towards women, or anyone in general. So when Jonghyun approaches Key and pompously advocates his "flawless skill" for capturing the heart of any boy or girl without fail, Key proposes that they play an innocent game to test each other's feelings. The two will have to act as a serious couple and whoever is the first to fall in love with the other, loses. Who do you think will fall in love first? Jonghyun or Key?

 

 

 

Please vote! I would be eternally grateful. Don't forget to comment and subscribe if you haven't already!