Two Can Play That Game

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

A/N: Over 40 subs and over 700 views after only four chapters? Yeowza! Thanks so much for the support, everyone! I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I felt so exhausted yesterday. My sincerest apologies! Don't forget to comment, okay? Your feedback is very important to me :D Now, on with the story!

 

From this day forth, this is war.

---

Jonghyun's POV:

I felt myself tremor with absolute fury as I watched that damned Kibum stroll away with his scrawny friend.

It took all my willpower not to sprint up to the little and beat him senseless. My dangerously aggressive side won over me and I brashly began strutting towards Kibum, step by step. A hand quickly reached out and grasped my arm firmly. I turned, my eyes ablaze with malice, to face Onew, his eyes holding a stern gaze over me.

"Let me go!" I ordered, trying to shove the older off. However, he held his grip and refused to let go.

"Jonghyun, it isn't worth it. Just let him go," Onew said, trying to be rational. I shot him a piercing glare, but he didn't even flinch. That's the thing with Onew, Minho, and I. We were so close that my death glares didn't phase them at the slightest. But I wasn't trying to seem intimidating. I really was that frustrated.

"You're just gonna let the little go after what he did to me? Look at this! Look at all the crap in my hair!" I yelled, gesturing towards my now sticky and ruined hair and soiled uniform. Onew looked me over once, then sighed and shook his head.

"Let's go back to my place and get you washed up, araso? We're supposed to be heading out now, anyway," Onew suggested, but I could tell it was more of a proposition of command. I growled with absolute ferocity, but eventually I nodded slowly, obligating Onew's decision.

Onew, currently being a senior, was one year older than me, a junior. Like Kibum, I realized with distaste. Onew was my hyung, and also the most well-respected person I knew.

Of course I acknowledged and fully embraced the fact that I practically had the entire school wrapped around my finger to the point where people would shake with fear just by the sound of my name.

But deep in my heart, even my big-headed self knew that nobody respected me, like they respected Onew. They feared me. Everyone knew I had the capability of ruining their lives with a snap of my fingers. I ruled by striking fear into people's hearts. No one could ever bring themselves to love me for being the loathesome person that I was.

Oh well. Better to be feared than loved, I concluded bitterly to myself.

I felt myself still shaking, but only slightly. To gain composure, I reached with one hand and I tightly clutched onto the iron railing beside me. I could feel my grip slowly compressing the metal so it almost bended into the shape of my fist.

For no particular reason, I broke out into a fit of maniacal laughter. Onew and Minho exchanged looks of bewilderment.

"Come on, Jonghyun. Let's get out of here," Minho said, his voice etched with concern. I ceased myself from further senseless laughter and looked up at the younger. Funny, I was one year older than Minho and yet I was no where near his current height. I sighed deeply and let my arms droop limply to my sides.

"Araso," I said, smiling weakly. With a look of relief, Minho pulled me in to drape his arm around my shoulders.

"Jonghyun-ah, you're crazy, you know that?" he joked, using his free hand to ruffle up my hair into a bigger, finer mess.

"Yah, quit it! I'm your hyung, ," I squawked, pushing him away. Minho chuckled and walked ahead. Onew followed suit, but not before smiling at me as he passed. I returned a reassuring smile and trailed after the two.

But little did they know, a malicious smile was well-hidden beneath what appeared to be an innocent grin. I was already plotting my own devious revenge against that damned Kibum. When we get to Onew's house, I'll make sure to tell the boys, I noted to myself.

I wore that familiar satisfied smirk all the way to Onew's house.

Key's POV:

"Ow! Hyung, let go of me already!" Taemin squealed, fidgeting in pain.

Not only had I dragged Taemin into the bathroom, well out of sight from those three creeps, did I finally loosen my grip on the younger boy's arm.

"Sorry. I've got a commando grip," I defended myself weakly, shrugging my shoulders. Taemin pouted as he rubbed the sore spot where my hand had tightly grasped.

"That's okay. Thank you for protecting me, hyung," Taemin said softly. Without warning, he pulled me into a sudden hug, wrapping his frail arms around my waist, his head nuzzling against my chest. All the blood rushed to my cheeks. Our sudden closeness surprised me. Only then did I realize that Taemin has never given me a real hug before. In fact, I've never hugged anyone (other than my parents, of course) in my life. It felt...nice. Warm.

Hesitant at first, I awkwardly placed both my arms lightly around the younger.

"Of course. That guy was a huge jerk. There was no way I'd let that pabo hurt my little Taeminnie," I chirped, ruffling his hair. Taemin pulled away from our hug. I noticed his cheeks were tinged with pink, but soon they returned fully to their normal pale-as-milk color. It must have been the light.

"Sorry for wasting the drink you bought me, hyung," Taemin said apologetically. I scoffed.

"Aish, Taeminnie. Don't worry about it." When I realized what had actually become of Taemin's drink, I chuckled softly to myself. "And besides," I continued, "you put it to good use." When Taemin realized why I had chuckled, he began to giggle to himself. But soon after, his face became strewn with worry.

"What do you think he'll do to us, hyung?" his voice quivering with a mixture of anguish and fear. I knew automatically that by "he" Taemin meant Jonghyun. As proud as I had felt for standing up to the douche and totally telling him off, I did acknowledge that he indeed had power, and he was willing to use it. I sighed. Now it was my turn to be concerned.

"I don't know, Taemin," I said uncertainly.

"Oh." Taemin hung his head.

"But I promise to always protect you, araso?" I quickly added. Taemin perked up and lifted his head, grinning widely.

"Okay, Key-hyung!"

Jonghyun's POV:

As I showered, all that could manage to cross my mind was Kibum.

Kibum.

Kibum.

Kibum.

"Aish!" I yelled out unexpectedly. I heard a couple knocks wrap the door.

"Hey, Jonghyun, you okay in there?" Onew called out from behind the door.

"I'm fine!" I responded, and quickly finished my shower.

Fully dressed and feeling clean, refreshed, and finally bubble tea-free, I plopped onto the large sofa beside Minho. Onew was lounging on an armchair across from us on the other side of the coffee table. Minho offered me a steaming cup of tea, but I hastily declined.

"Guys, I have a plan," I stated, the excitement building up inside me. Onew and Minho cast me curious stares before exchanging looks with each other, shrugging, then turning their attention back to their tea.

"I'm serious! It's gonna be good!" I barked at them with impatience. Onew sighed and put down his cup.

"It's about that new kid still, isn't it?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Drop it." And with that, he continued on with his stupid tea. I growled. Damn Onew. Always the peacemaker. No matter, I turned to Minho with as much enthusiasm as I had before. Surely, he would assist me.

"You'll help me out, right?" Minho shook his head. My jaw dropped in disbelief. "Why the not!"

"If you're planning on hurting Taemin too, then I don't want any part in it."

"Who?"

Minho glared at me. "Taemin. Kibum's friend."

I scoffed. "Why the hell would I care what happens to that 's friend?" Minho sat up so quickly that he knocked his cup over, spilling tea all over the surface of the coffee table.

"He didn't mean to fall on you, Jonghyun. It was all an accident. Kibum is the one who embarrassed you, remember? Do whatever harm you want to him. Don't get innocent people involved." Minho pierced me with those cold, unfeeling eyes. I've never seen him this way before.

"Araso! I won't touch Teamin," I muttered, scooching towards the other end of the couch and farther from Minho. "But you'll help me with Kibum, right?" Minho grunted in agreement and sat back down. I smiled smugly to myself, having gained his approval. Raising my eyebrows, I turned to face Onew.

Onew stared back at me with a look just as unpenetrable as mine, but after a minute or two, he finally sighed with a shrug of his shoulders, but quickly smiled afterward.

"It's always been like this, hasn't it? The three of us. What else can I do, right?"

I whooped. Minho rolled his eyes. Onew chuckled. Minho and Onew were in on me with this one, and they were ready to back me up with whatever I had planned.

"Alright, so here's what I was thinking we should do first..."

Pure, bitter contempt for Kim Kibum burned in my chest. I had decided that I would do anything in my power to make his life a living hell. He'll regret ever crossing paths with me. He'll regret ever meeting me. He'll regret knowing my face, my name. He'll regret taking one step into SM Institute. And most of all, I'll make him regret ever taking a single breath of that pathetic little life of his.

You wanna dance, Kibum? You think you can mess with me and not get away with it? You honestly think you can phase me? Well, then.

Two can play that game.

 

 A/N: Sorry, sorry. I know this chapter isn't terribly exciting *bops self in the head* I promise to go into further detail in the next chapter. But anyway, it seems like I do quite a bit of writing. Lengthy chapters can be a bit of a burden to read, but I know short chapters tend to be on the irritating side. Should I shorten the chapters or keep the length the way it is? If it isn't too much of a hassle I'd like for all of you to put forth your opinion. I want to know what my readers most prefer ^^