What Are You Doing Here?

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

A/N: I've tried to personally thank all my new subscribers o their walls, but I haven't been very good at keeping track. My apologies. I'd like to thank every one of you for supporting this story, and for surpassing 2000 views! I truly am thankful. I'm just a loser from a small town that know one's ever heard about who's showing her love for JongKey here on AFF. I've gotten so much support from all of you, and I couldn't be happier.

 

No one could ever love such a loathsome person as me.

---

Key's POV:

I stormed through the hallways, a poor and innocent Taemin trailing behind and desperately trying to keep up.

"Hyung! Wait for me!" he cried out. I stopped abruptly in my tracks, causing him to knock into my back. He bent down and placed his hands on his knees, trying to regain the breath he had lost. "Thanks," he mumbled breathlessly. "Hey, Key-hyung?" he said suddenly.

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of Jonghyun-sunbae?" Upon hearing that name, I clenched my teeth, balled my fists tightly, and stared hard at the ground. What could I say about Jonghyun? He was a complete, utter monster. I loathed him.

"Well, he's not my favorite person. That's for sure," I muttered sarcastically. "Why do we have to talk about him, anyway? Haven't I been through enough?" I spat crisply, spinning around to glare at Taemin. He winced and shrugged.

"What you said to him was pretty harsh, hyung. As hostile as he may seem, don't you think that was a little cruel?" I had said some pretty ruthless things to him. Did I have the right to act so heartless? But Jonghyun had been heartless towards me from the start, ever since I got to this damned school. Surely, my actions had been appropriate. However, looking at Taemin's expression made me think otherwise. I sighed, and rubbed the back of my neck.

"I guess I was a little too hard on him. Do you think I should apologize?" I said the last part with a hint of sarcasm, but Taemin nodded his head vigorously.

"Jonghyun-sunbae must be bitter for a reason. Maybe he's just, I don't know, lonely?" I couldn't help but blurt out in an obnoxious fit of laughter.

"Wait a minute, him? Lonely? You've got to be kidding, Tae. That spoiled and rotten fool has everything! Everyone loves him, he's the richest person I've ever met, his life is perfect. I don't even see why he has to be so freaking hostile to other people. Aish, he is so undeserving!" Anger quickly boiled up inside me and a stream of cuss words followed after that, much to Taemin's surprise. He tried his hardest to conceal his innocent ears from my vulgar obscenities.

After a couple minutes, I had let off enough steam, and with a groan I plopped my tush down to sit in frustration. Taemin knelt beside me.

Taemin rubbed the small of my back in a small, circular motion, and instantly I felt soothed of my anger. I smiled up at him gratefully. I sighed and put the majority of the weight on my body against his, so I was leaning on him. Taemin didn't seem to mind, so I continued to lean against him. My eyelids felt heavy, and I gave in and let them flutter shut. Only then did I realize how exhausted I felt.

"Will things get better, Tae?" I murmured.

"I don't know, hyung," Taemin answered truthfully. "But we can only hope so, right?" I sighed.

"Neh."

The next day...

Jonghyun's POV:

I got up reluctantly from the comfort of my bed that morning.

Instantaneously, I was engrossed in a pissy mood. I had already fired five maids for disrupting me or irritating me at the slightest, and the day had barely begun. I felt groggy and sluggish and completely irate.

I slumped into my appropriate chair at the formal dining room, awaiting my breakfast. When my French toast arrived, I screamed my head off at Chef Lee for not cutting off the crusts and not having the butter sculpted into a dinosaur shape, just the way I liked it. So I ordered him to prepare the entire thing over again. Overall, it was not a terribly pleasant morning.

At school, I refused to interact with anyone, even Minho and Onew. They seemed to notice the negativity and adversity seeping out of me, so they decided that it was best to just rid themselves of my presense in order to leave me alone so I could think and deal with my own problems. I was grateful for their sympathy, but I could still hear the distilled whispers they exchanged. I knew they were just worrying about me, though. Who wouldn't? I probably looked completely miserable.

"Kim Jonghyun, you're telling me to look at myself? What about you, huh? Have you gotten a reality check lately? Why don't you look at yourself and the way you treat everyone around you! Even to your own hyung! Do you think anyone could ever love you or care for you? Do you know how horrible you are? As long as people like you exist, no one can ever be happy. You're a life-ruiner, Jonghyun. You ruin people's lives. You disgust me, seriously!"

I sighed and ran a frustrated hand through my blonde, auburn hair. Kibum's words stung just as much as they had yesterday, but only now did they really become branded into my mind as I sat here replaying the words over and over. My usual cool and confident demeanor had morphed into uncertainty and confusion.

"He's right," I muttered to myself bitterly. Finally acknowledging it caused me to go into a frenzy of more frustration, resulting in me shooting up from my seat in the middle of class and leaving in a huff. I ignored the many calls from my teacher and classmates. I just needed somewhere to be alone.

I wandered aimlessly throughout the campus, finally admiring the sincere beauty of my surroundings. A smile crept across my lips as I eyed two butterflies flittering freely together. Where to? Nobody knows. But somehow I knew that those two butterflies would be with each other forever, never leaving each other. That thought comforted me in an unfamiliar way.

I watched the two butterflies fly until they fluttered out of sight. I sighed, feeling content, and strolled along the paved walkways, heading nowhere in particular. The sun stared to beat down hard, and I was beginning to feel a little hot. I sauntered over to a shady tree, and lied down comfortably, bathing myself in the cool shade.

It felt really nice to be alone, away from those crowds of fake people, all wearing plastic smiles. I realized that whenever I was at school, it felt like a circus. Everyone was friendly only on the surface. At that moment, I detested everyone. Everyone who pretended to like me, pretended to be my friend. It was all either for my looks, my popularity, or my money. No one could truly ever love me or care for me.

My eyelids slowly fluttered shut. I listened to the hum of the gentle breeze. The soft wind rustled the leaves, creating a melodic tune of nature, relaxing my entire body. I felt my entire body go numb with comfort, and I could feel myself losing consciousness, slowly drifting off into a light sleep. My sweet sanctuary was cut short when I heard someone clear their throat audibly. I furrowed my eyebrows in irriation, and I concluded that I had imagined the sound. The same person cleared their throat once again. I groaned impatiently. 

"What?" I muttered harshly.

"Jonghyun?" a familiar voice called out uncertainly. I shot up into a sitting position, my eyes widening in surprise at the figure standing above me.

"Key? What are you doing here?"

 

A/N: Hi guise. Litlte short, I know. But did you like this chappie or not? I'd like to know :)

And by the way...I know my fic "Because You're My Everything" is barely starting out, but I came up with a few ideas for a new JongKey fic while I was taking a shower, and I just had to share them with you :3 So far, I've thought of "Obsession", "100 Days of Summer", and "I Heard You're a Player." Before you choose, here are some things you should keep in mind...

All three are generally romantic comedies, but "I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game" will be more of an angst fic than the other two.

1. "Obsession"

Kim Kibum, also known as Key, has an unhealthy and sick obsession with the school's idol, Kim Jonghyun. Key says that he is "desperately in love" with Jonghyun, and will stop at nothing to claim Jonghyun's heart for his own. At first, Jonghyun is severely creeped out by Key's stalker-ish antics, and will try anything to get rid of the lovestruck boy. However, Key stubbornly persists on getting closer to Jonghyun at any cost, which results in both boys developing a close relationship with one another. Jonghyun gets the opportunity to experience the sweeter, softer side of Key. What happens when Jonghyun begins to fall for this "new side" of Key, all the while Key is starting to grow out of his immature and obsessive phase?

(Edit: I've decided to create a 2min story based off of this exact same plot rather than a JongKey story because I love 2min more than JongKey. Oh, and the title will be different.)

2. "100 Days of Summer"

Kim Kibum (Key) and Kim Jonghyun are two seemingly ordinary kids who are forced by their parents to attend a cliché summer camp for 100 days. Almost immediately upon arrival, the two get caught in an incident that makes them proclaim their bitter hate towards the other. They can't even be put in the same room without heatedly arguing with each other or getting under each others' skin. Their constant quarreling gets to the point where they have to be punished by sharing a desolate cabin with one another for the rest of the camp session. What will happen when Key and Jonghyun are forced to spend the rest of summer camp together?

3. "I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game"

Kim Jonghyun is the most popular boy in school, and not to mention the ultimate player. Kim Kibum, better known as Key, is your average nobody. He is also one of the many who are fed up with Jonghyun's shameless flirting, vulgar antics, and crude behavior towards women, or anyone in general. So when Jonghyun approaches Key and pompously advocates his "flawless skill" for capturing the heart of any boy or girl without fail, Key proposes that they play an innocent game to test each other's feelings. The two will have to act as a serious couple and whoever is the first to fall in love with the other, loses. Who do you think will fall in love first? Jonghyun or Key?

It would really mean a lot to me if you guys could put forth your opinions by commenting! Saranghae :)