What The Hell Just Happened?

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

A/N: Hello, my lovely readers. I know I haven't updated in a week. I really don't have an excuse for the delayed update. I'm reluctant to say that the dance isn't in this chapter. I seem to have a habit for lying, huh? I know you were all looking forward to it, but I promise that there will be some surprising things in this chapter. Please comment! If you have not subscribed, please do so. New comments and new subscribers make me very happy. Happy author means more frequent updates!

 

I must be in dreamland.

---

Third-person POV:

Taemin sobbed silently, his porcelain face buried into Minho's broad shoulder.

He gently wrapped two slender arms around the older boys well-toned body, returning the tender embrace. Taemin felt a hand lovingly through his auburn blonde hair. The sensation was so soothing, so affectionate, that it ceased Taemin's sobbing, ultimately comforting him.

Minho reluctantly tore away from the embrace to look down at Taemin's tear-stained face, still seemingly radiating with such beauty that it all but took Minho's breath away. Minho drew his thumb, and with it he gently caressed Taemin's delicate white crystal cheek, ridding it of any vagrant tears. At this loving gesture, Taemin's breathing hitched sharply.

Minho gazed deeply, yet endearingly, into Taemin's orbs. He saw himself in Taemin's eyes, suspended in two shining drops of bright water, himself dark and tiny, in fine detail. It was as if Taemin's orbs were two miraculous bits of deep ebony. If he gazed any longer, he would altogether become enraptured in those eyes for an eternity.

Taemin shifted in his seat. Not awkwardly or out of discomfort, but as a subtle attempt at scooching closer to Minho. Minho responded in a positive manner, inching closer and closer to Taemin's slim, fragile form. Their bodies were now pressed firmly against each other, still managing to feel tender, gentle, and safe. The very tips of their noses were nearly touching, their lips just a mere few centimeters apart. Oh, how the insignificant space could so easily be filled with one simple, swift movement.

Although Minho and Taemin's orbs were still locked securely onto each other, they both felt free, unrestrained, at peace with one another. As Minho continued to gaze into Taemin's eyes, he discerned several emotions all entwined in a pool of deep ebony — anticipation, desire, longing, affection, and lust.

A stray tear trickled down the milky skin of Taemin's cheek, colliding with the cupid's bow physique of his upper lip. Taemin subconsciously swiped away the salty tear with a swift flick of his tongue, but not after he had frivolously the smooth, pink flesh of his lips oh so seductively. Minho perceived Taemin's sensual manner as full admission to indulge himself with the decadent, rosy flesh.

Minho's own eyes were half lidded, glazed over with as much desire, affection, and lust as the younger boy. The older boy advanced, leaning in painfully slow. The two pairs of lips were achingly close, so ready to fulfill the ravenous craving that had caused both boys to suffer. Taemin let the lids of his eyes flutter closed, his lips framed into a pout, eagerly waiting for Minho's mark of endearment...

SLAM!

Minho jolted backwards in surprise at the sudden noise of impact as the door abruptly burst open. Unfortunately for Taemin, he had not reacted quite rapid enough. In fact, he had not reacted at all. He was so caught up in the moment that he continued to lean forward, earning himself a downward trip towards the floor.

"Ow," he muttered in pain. Luck was obviously not on his side, for he had also faceplanted onto the floor, causing his voice to sound muffled. 

"Minho! Are you in here?" Jonghyun hollered clamorously.

"God damnit, Jonghyun," Minho hissed under his breath irritably. "I'm over here, you idiot..." He quickly turned his attention towards Taemin who was pathetically sprawled against the floor. "Are you okay?" Minho asked as he helped Taemin off the floor, his voice laden with concern. Taemin nodded furiously, his cheeks flushed a deep magenta.

"I'm okay, hyung," Taemin said assuringly. Taemin noticed that Minho's hands were pressed securely around his waist, which only caused the hot blush in his cheeks to rise. Minho regarded Taemin's discomfort and quickly withdrew his hands, returning them to his sides.

"Minho, there you are! Where the hell have you been? Oh, Taemin, you're here too? Key's looking for you, by the way," Jonghyun babbled. A wide, toothy grin was evident on the dino boy's face, and he suddenly began to hum a harmonious tune that Taemin was unfamiliar of. Taemin cocked his head to the side, his brows knit with curiosity.

"Sunbae, why are you so happy?" Taemin ventured.

"Shh, call me hyung!" Jonghyun exclaimed gleefully as he playfully ruffled Taemin's auburn hair into an unkempt mess. Taemin recoiled and gingerly took a deliberate step back, giving Jonghyun a skeptical look.

"Err, sure. Jonghyun...hyung. What are you so excited about?" It couldn't have been humanly possible, but somehow Jonghyun managed to widen his already stretched out, cheeky grin.

"Well, you see, my dear little Taemin..." Jonghyun began. Anticipation rose in Taemin's chest. He nodded is head eagerly, encouraging Jonghyun to continue. Jonghyun chuckled and winked at Taemin, failing to notice that his bawdy gesture only caused Minho to turn red in the face, his cheeks puffing out with irritation.

"Key agreed to be my date!"

The following day...

Key's POV:

I drummed my fingers impatiently against the round, petite glass table.

I had agreed to meet Onew after classes were over at the new coffee café, Café à la Café. Yeah, the name really isn't all that original, but Onew said that they made superb macchiatos done to perfection. And, heck, I was a damn er for an excellent macchiato.

It was Friday, the day before the dance. I pouted, recalling the flash of events that had taken place at lunch the prior day as they reeled in my head, stuck on replay.

-Flashback-

"KIM JONGHYUN! GET YOUR GIGANTIC DINO OFF OF ME!" I screeched in absolute horror as Jonghyun repositioned his damned bony right onto my lap. Jonghyun pouted, feigning innocence.

"Yeobo," he rasped in my ear, his lips dangerously close to my pale, creamy skin. "I know you want me, so just succumb to me. Let me have you," he cooed. I nearly wretched my insides out. Really, Jonghyun? That isn't cute, not in the least. In fact, it's ing y.

Wait, what the? No, you did not just think that, Kim Kibum! Hormones, that's it. You haven't been with a girl in awhile. Actually, you haven't been with a girl in...ever. It's only his position on top of me and his seductive whispering that triggered my hormones to act up. Yup, that's it! Just hormones. Oh, dear lord. Please do not let him feel my hardening...

I aggressively shoved Jonghyun off of my lap. With a huff, I stood up, disallowing him to sit on me any further. I smirked, feeling triumphant. Jonghyun glared at me, the features of his perfectly sculpted face contorted into complete determination.

"Key, why won't you let me take you to the dance?" he demanded. I scoffed, flipping my bangs out of my eyes with a flick of my head in a diva-like fashion.

"Because, Jonghyun. You're an ," I muttered. Jonghyun frowned, pushing himself off of the floor. He pressed our bodies firmly together. He was, once again, too close for my own comfort. He cupped my cheeks with his palms, squishing them together, causing my lips to mold into a fish-like physique. He grinned at how silly I looked.

"You look stupid. And if you don't agree to be my date, I'm going to kiss you."

"BWOH?" I exclaimed, attempting to shove him off of my body. "ANIYO!" I shrieked. He clasped his hands tightly around my wrists. I tried to tug free, but to no avail. He slowly began to lean his face towards mine. Inch by inch, he approached. Our lips were only mere centimeters apart. My breathing hitched. I was trapped. This was it. No way out.

"ARASO!" I squealed. "I'll...I'll go to the...the...the dance with...with...." My voice faltered, discontinuing my flow of words. I could not believe it. I was going to surrender like this? I must be going bloody insane. I was sure of it now.

"Yes, yeobo?" Jonghyun whispered coyly into my ear, nibbling my earlobe. I shivered, feeling betrayed by my own body by responding to his actions.

"I'll go to the dance with you," I muttered in defeat. Jonghyun relaxed his grip, and I broke free of his grasp. He whooped and hollered. I felt like crying like a pathetic school girl. My poor pride...

Jonghyun chuckled triumphantly, but I could have sworn it was a devious cackle. Then he winked at me. I could have punched his face in.

"I'll pick you up at seven, yeobo!" he exclaimed obnoxiously, dragging away a still guffawing Onew by the arm and out of the lunchroom.

"AISH! KIM JONGHYUN!" I cried out in defeat.

-End of Flashback-

I groaned, burying my face in my arms. I nearly began sobbing all over again.

"Aish! That stupid, dinhohead pabo..." I lamented incoherently. I heard a chuckle overhead, and then somebody tapped my shoulder lightly. I shot my head up in surprise to face a grinning Onew.

"Yo!" he greeted me warmly. I returned the smile, the sudden solemnity and irritation I was once feeling ebbing away.

"Annyeong, Onew hyung!" I chirped. Onew chuckled, then nodded towards the entrance.

"Come on, let's order something. My treat, araso? I don't want to hear any of it. I'm treating you, and that's that," he half offered, half demanded. I shrugged, grinning widely, then got up from my seat. After waiting for a couple minutes in line, I ordered a caramel macchiato. As an afterthought, I also ordered a chocolate chip scone and a blueberry muffin. Call me fat, but Onew was treating, and I wasn't going to waste this opportunity. I may never come here again. This place was freaking pricey.

After retrieving our orders and accommodating some seats in the back, we began to indulge on our coffee and treats and talk endlessly about nothing in particular. It was all small talk, but it was friendly and good natured. I could feel my spirits begin to soar.

"So, Onew hyung, why did you call me out here?" I ventured. Onew thought about it for a moment, then shrugged.

"I just felt like hanging out. We're friends, after all," he concluded with a chuckle. I nodded in understanding, finishing up the rest of my scone and downing the last of my macchiato. A sudden feeling gurgled in my stomach, making it's way up my throat. Soon enough, without warning, I let out a hearty belch. Many customers turned to pierce daggers at me. I winced, flashing an apologetic smile. Onew suppressed the dire urge to erupt in laughter.

After paying, we took our leave and began wandering the busy streets of Seoul. We walked by several little shops. I was tempted to explore each one and dig out some nifty deals and sales, but I let my better self take control of me. We were walking for several minutes before Onew stopped abruptly. I turned, about face, to see him standing in front of a bus station, staring at an ad longingly. I scurried over to him, curious to what he was looking at.

The ad was a blown up picture of a famous Korean idol, Park Sunyoung. Her idol name was Luna. She had bouncy, blonde hair. She was absolutely beautiful, but she had a sharp edge to her as well.

"She's really something, isn't she?" I ventured. Onew turned to me, stunned, as if he had forgotten I was there. He cleared his throat and nodded in agreement. I grinned up at her picture. "Luna is so talented. She can sing, she can dance, she's completely gorgeous. She's also really good natured and well rounded. Honestly, anyone can only dream of being her," I droned. Onew chuckled.

"You seem to know her, huh?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I hope she marries someone of high status, like another idol. That would be the perfect pairing, huh?" Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Onew tense up a little, but I brushed it off. It was pretty chilly outside. "I heard she's going to the U.S. for a few years," I continued. "She wants to skyrocket her career. Maybe she'll meet someone amazing in the States. That would suit her. She deserves only the best men after all her hard work, wouldn't you agree?"

I turned to grin at Onew, only to face him head on as he shot a murderous glare directly at me. At that moment, I felt his dark orbs piercing right through me. Hidden within those dark pools of chocolate brown lied venom, bitterness, and animosity. I took a deliberate step back, suddenly overcome with a feeling of fear. This is a side of Onew completely unfamiliar to me.

"Shut up, Key. You don't know anything," Onew spat venomously at me. Then he turned and sauntered off towards the opposite direction, his head hung low.

I stared after him, overcome with complete and utter shock. What the hell just happened?

 

A/N: Whoa, what's up with Onew? Only I know! Although, I'd say pretty predictable. To be honest, I rushed this chapter quite a bit, despite my delayed update. Sorry for the unquality chapter guys. More sad news...my dad is selling my laptop. I knew this day would come, but alas it has arrived so soon. I will be updating less frequently, once a week if I'm lucky. I apologize! I'm just as sad as you guys are! I pinky swear that the dance will be in the next chapter!

I posted the foreword for my new mini-fic "You Are The Color In This Black & White World" here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/35677/you-are-the-color-in-this-black-white-world-2min-fluff-jongkey-minho-shinee--taemin

Please subscribe and comment! It would be greatly appreciated :)