A New Companion?

Because You're My Everything (HIATUS MOST LIKELY FOREVER UNTIL I GET MY MOJO BACK)

First days are always the hardest, but who would ever imagine that it would turn out to be this terrible?

---

Key's POV:

I cleared my throat and readjusted my collar so it didn't look ruffled and unkempt. I walked calmly down the paved path towards the main building of the school. I tried my best to ignore the taunting and rude remarks that the students were throwing at me from left and right.

I could feel a deep scowl forming on my face. Anger bubbled up inside me. I wanted so very much to just turn around and deck one of these kids in the face, daring them to challenge me.

No, I'm better than that. Let these guys have their fun. They'll get tired soon enough, I thought practically to myself. 

I continued along my way, minding my own business. However, my path was blocked by four jock-ish looking guys stepping in front of me. I made a feeble attempt at squirming my way around them.

However, as I did so, they merely shoved me back. Then the four boys circled around me. I stumbled backwards onto their outstretched arms. It was as if I had suddenly become inept to the ability of retaining my balance. They began to push and shove me back and forth amongst themselves.

A chorus of hyena-like laughter erupted from the crowd of students beginning to form around me.

"This way!"

"Toss him over here!"

"He looks dizzy. Let's make him throw up!"

I felt like a limp rag doll being tossed around. God, this was completely humiliating. How had I gotten myself into this situation? Was it merely because I stood up to a spoiled rich kid?

"Let's lift him up and put him in the trash bin!"

"Good idea. He'd blend right in!"

More laughter and jeering.

Oh no. There was no way that I'd let that happen. I began flailing around, making it difficult for anyone to get a good hold of me.

"Stop it!" I screeched at the crowd.

"Hey, quit squirming! Somebody hold him down!" one of the jocks hollered.

"I said stop! Let me go!" I yelled as loudly as I could. I began to wildly throw punches, not caring who was susceptible to being decked in the face.

I felt my fist make contact with someone's face. Skin on skin. I  recoiled as I heard a sickening crunch.

"! YOU LITTLE !" someone screamed out in pain. I turned to see one of the jock boys holding their nose, blood running down their face and dripping off their chin. Everyone became distracted as their attention turned to the victim of my wild punching spree. I took the opportunity into my own hands.

"Move out of the way," I snarled, barreling past the throng of students.

"You're dead, !" someone jeered. The remark was soon followed by more laughter. Wasting no time to see who had placed their death threat upon me, I hastily pushed past the heavyset double-doors leading to the main building. Thankfully, nobody thought of trailing me, so I quickly closed the doors behind me.

I sighed, leaning against the doors, and my back slid down until my bottom reached the cold and polished marble floors. My cheeks felt heated and burned red with embarrassment.

"I'm seriously going to die today," I groaned pessimistically. Who knew a school for the rich could end up being so evil? My parents have had some pretty stupid ideas in the past, but this sure beat all. I resented my parents at that moment for sending me to this stupid school.

"No, I have to snap out of this. Wake up, Key. Things can only get worse from now on, and there's nothing I can do about it." To regain my composure, I began to breathe slowly. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.

Feeling soothed, I picked up my feet again. I didn't have much time until the hallways would begin to fill up with more and more students, so I walked quickly through the corridors, trying to find the head office.

After several minutes of searching, I finally came face-to-face with a pair of large, ornately carved oak doors. Etched onto the door lay a golden plaque which read "Headmaster's Office." I felt a sudden lump well up in my throat as I remembered Nasal girl's words. His mother owns the entire school.

I gulped down the lump and shook my head. It was only the head of SM Institute. How bad could this be? Even with my internal self-talk, my palms still felt clammy. I placed a sweaty hand on the doorknob. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned the knob slowly. I exhaled deeply and began to slowly pull the door open.

I managed to open the door ajar about an inch before a hand slapped onto the oak and slammed the door shut. I snapped up my head up in surprise, getting whiplash in the process. I winced in pain. My heart, which was beating wildly a moment ago, immediately sunk as I came face-to-face with none other than the original bonehead himself, Kim Jonghyun.

"Who said you could come in here?" he questioned, glaring at me with cold eyes.

"Uh..." I responded dumbly.

"Tch. What makes you think you can barge into my mother's office? You think you can just intrude in on anyone when they're extremely busy? Honestly, are you stupid?" Jonghyun snapped. I glared at him. He was the last person I wanted to be scolded by.

"I need my schedule. How else will I be able to get to my classes? Are you stupid? Get out of the way." I tried shoving past Jonghyun and his cronies, but failed. Jonghyun grabbed at my collar again, but instead using both of his fists. He pulled my entire body closer to his. Man, the kid sure was strong.

"You really are an idiot, huh? If you have any hope of surviving at this place after all you've already done, then you can forget abut it." I felt a blush forming on my cheeks as I realized how noticeably close our faces were.

"Y-yah! Just put me d-down already," I stuttered, clearly embarrassed. Jonghyun plastered a satisfied smirk on his face and effortlessly ed my body away from his. I got knocked down to the floor in the process. I glared at Jonghyun as he brushed off his uniform, stepped right over me as if I was a pile of dirt, and strolled off down the hallway. Without even sparing me a glance of acknowledgement,  Minho stepped around me and trailed after Jonghyun.

The only one who lingered behind was Onew. He looked after Jonghyun's and Minho's direction. When they rounded the corner of the hallway, Onew turned to face me, then bent down next to me and reached an arm towards me. I flinched away from him his outstretched hand, thinking he was about to hurt me. Onew sighed at my reaction.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said soothingly. Still, I wasn't sure whether to believe him or not. I stared up at him skeptically. With his hand, he began brushing off my uniform. Then he readjusted my collar for me. I wore a bemused look on my face.

"I'm sorry," Onew said, smiling sadly at me. Oh, so that was it. He only pitied me. Terrific.

"You'll get into a lot of trouble if you go inside that office without an appointment. If you're lucky, you wouldn't have to be sent there at all. Jonghyun was only trying to help." I scoffed at Onew's remark.

"Oh, so that was it. He was only helping out a friend, since that's obviously what he's been trying to do since I got here. Why didn't I see it before? Key, you pabo," I muttered sarcastically. Onew chuckled.

"If you're looking for your schedule, you won't find it here. Go up to the next floor where the counseling office is. They can help you out. Look, I gotta catch up with Jjong and Minho. I'll see you around, new kid," Onew said. He got up on his feet and began walking away.

"Wait!" I called after him. Onew stopped walking and turned his head to face me. He wore an amused look on his face. "Uh...thanks, I guess," I muttered unintelligently. Gosh, I was awkward. Onew smiled.

"No problem. Key, was it?" he asked. I nodded. "Alright. See you, Key." And with that, Onew turned around and started after his two friends.

A smile crept upon my lips as I watched Onew go. He was definitely different from Jonghyun and Minho. Onew genuinely wanted to assist me, and he was actually kindhearted. His help was the first caring gesture I had received since I got to this damned school. Hope bloomed in my chest.

Maybe, just maybe, I have possibly made a new companion?

 

A/N: Wowowow :O So does Onew genuinely want to be nice to Key, or is there a hidden meaning to his sudden kindness? Did Jonghyun really mean to help Key? Aha, right now you guys are probably like "lol look at dis tryna be all suspenseful n shiet." Keep checking back for updates, my lovelies! I need more views and subscribers, lol. Omo, here comes the desperation.