6

His Obsession part II: He's back (editing)

 

I could feel it; my heart beating in my chest. 

I could hear It., the cries from mouths around me.

But what I couldn’t make about was where I was. My heart began to beat faster.

I feel pain. Not aching but a sudden sadness. I begin to flutter my eyes.

The lights were too bright and it burned my pupils so I shut them back.

I start to twitch.

"She's waking up!" the soft, angelic voice of my mother made its way into my aching ears.

"Really…?" I heard a man’s voice screech, as if it had been awakened by the news. The voice was so melodic…so beautiful for a man’s voice.

‘Himchan’ I thought…he was the only person with at voice that could make me think that way.

Sudden loud footsteps sounded rushed toward me as I continued to try to adjust. I bit my lip trying to shut them out. They were making me utterly annoyed.

“S-stop moving” I croaked.

My throat hurt. Every word I said made it hurt worse.

 “And turn down the lights…please”

“Ok…” Himchan said; his voice now hushed.

I felt my eyelids roll up. Less light entered the room. No more footsteps or voices. It was dim in the pale green room. The color made me sick to my stomach.

I let my eyes roam the room. They landed on the two people there with me. Their faces looked tired and concerned. Why were they here?

“J-jiah…honeys…how you are?” my mother spoke up first, breaking the tense silence that had filled the room.

What did she mean ‘how was I’? What had happened?

I looked over at Himchan. He looked like he was on the verge of tears…then it dawned on me.

I could feel my resentment toward them begin to rise.

I rolled my eyes at mother then closed them.

“A-are you ok?” she asked, trying to comfort me. I knew the real question she wanted to ask me, but she didn’t have the nerve to upset me more than I was.

“Why the hell am I here?” I growled, ignoring her and the excruciating pain in my throat.

“Shouldn’t we be asking you that?” Himchan snapped, obviously annoyed by my attitude.

My eyes shot open and glared at him.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you anyway” I said bitterly through my teeth.

Himchan shut his mouth. His face was slowly becoming beet red.

“WHAT THE KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT?!” he exploded.

“Himchan-ah…” my mother hissed quietly, trying to calm him as well.

“WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF?!” he yelled, ignoring my mother’s gestures.

I just stared at him, totally shocked. I had never seen this side of Himchan before. He was usually the calm one in our relationship.

“Do you know how devastated I was to come home and find you bleeding to death?! How ing selfish can a person be?! How could you try to leave me like that?! Huh?”

“Himchan…calm down. She already has to much to deal with.” My mother said firmly.

With a reluctant nod, he made is way out of the room. When he was gone, mother averted her attention back to me. Her expression looked pained; it hurt too much to look at her…I had to turn away.

I heard her stubby little hills click against the ground as she mad her way over to my bed, and sat down.

“Why…?” she asked. It was a simple question, with an even more simple answer

“Because of him…: