13

His Obsession part II: He's back (editing)

 

“Car…check, food…check, clothes…check, plane tickets…check” I mumbled to myself, making a mental note of everything I had gotten. I patted my pockets, checking for the prepaid debit card that I had transferred all of my money into. “$350,000…good looking out dad.” I smiled to myself and put the keys into the ignition of the car. I was doing it! I was finally leaving Yongguk and all of my fears behind. I was going to the U.S. and I was going to start over.

“Atlanta, Georgia.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The plane ride to Atlanta was exhausting.

14 long hours spent cramped on a plane with strangers and a baby bump wasn’t the easiest ride I had ever taken in my life.

When we arrived at the Hartsfield-Jackson international airport, I heaved a big sigh of relief.

Though I was in a foreign country, I was 6,876 miles (11,066 kilometers) away from Yongguk, and I could not have been happier.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 years later

I wiped the sweat away from my forehead as I walked out of the gym to the bus stop right around the corner.

“Nice job today Jiah, you’ve gotten so much stronger.” My sparing partner KC yelled toward me as she walked off in the opposite direction.

“Thanks!” I yelled back before turning my attention back toward the street, waiting for my bus.

It was late and the sun had long since settled and the moon had taken its place.

“11:30…” I mumbled to myself as I looked at my watch.

A small smile formed on my lips as I though about what waited for me at home, my beautiful daughter Camille and my adoring fiancé Troy.

Suddenly, a looming shadow enveloped my own, under one of the street lights that towered over me, breaking me away from my thoughts. I turned around to see what could have been casting the shadow.

 As I turned, I came face to chest with an ivory skinned man dressed in an all black blazer and jeans combo.

I looked up, searching for his face. Most of his face was blocked from view by the thick black sunglasses he wore. It was almost midnight and there were no clubs for miles, why was he wearing shades?

The man noticed me staring and smirked a bit before giving me a nod of acknowledgement. I did the same and turned back to the front.

After a long while of standing awkwardly beside the stranger, the bus labeled MARTA finally arrived, allowing us to board.

I was quick to claim my seat in the back out the bus. The man with the glasses sat toward the middle to much of my relief.

I couldn’t help but feel weary of him.

One by one, the small amount of people that were aboard the bus got off, leaving only me and the man that I had had my eyes on the entire ride.

Finally, my bus stopped at my stop and I was released.

I noticed the man with the glasses get off as well.

I walked down the familiar streets of my neighborhood.

I could hear the man’s footsteps echoing mine from behind me.

Before I could turn the corner that would take me on the street that led me home, a hand grabbed my shoulder.

“Jiah…” His voice sounded in my ears.

“Yongguk…” I responded.

 

A/N:

Hi peoples!!! Sorry for not updating anything for a while, but i just wasn't able to

T_T

anyway, we're nearing the end of the story *cries*

oh, yeah. Just incase you want to see what Camille and Troy look like