1

His Obsession part II: He's back (editing)

 

I lie down in my bed and let out a sigh of relief as my body began to relax. The figure that lay beside me was deep into his own little dream land. I smiled at the sight. His intense catlike eyes were now at rest, and his plump peach colored lips slightly parted, letting soft, soothing snores escape. His chest heaved up and down ever so slightly, letting the sweet scent of his breath blow into my face. His strong arm held me down and pulled me closer to him all at once. I turned to face him, and nuzzled the bridge of my nose into the crook of his neck, inhaling all of his unique smell. I could feel him twitch a little.

“Mmm…Jiah” he groaned, still half asleep

“Yes?” I kissed his neck

“You know that I hate sleeping without you” he whined ever so cutely.

“I know baby,” I chuckled, “but, I had to finish that term paper that my professor wanted me to write.”

Himchan wiggled a little more, and pulled me even closer

“You work to hard…”

“No I don’t oppa, I work the perfect amount” I joked.

I could here the frown in his voice as he spoke again

“You have no time for anything else but studying”

I sat up and looked at him. I was furious that he would accuse me of something so pompous; so ludicrous.

“Yah, what’s that supposed to mean?”

He closed his eyes again and turned to his other side, his back toward me.

“I don’t want to argue with you Jiah” he mumbled

I huffed and lay back down. Himchan was still in school too. I didn’t understand why he was getting so upset with me for studying when he should be doing the same.

I closed my eyes, and tried to sleep, but I knew that I wouldn’t be able to. I hadn’t been able to sleep at all lately, because whenever I did, his face appeared. It terrified me. It had been almost a year since the incident, but I was still having nightmares. Terrible nightmares, and lately, they’ve been getting worse.

I couldn’t tell Himchan about it, I was afraid of how he would react. I wasn’t even sure if he still thought about that night.

After about and hour, I gave up on trying to find sleep. I lie in bed with my eyes open, looking at the ceiling.

I heard a small rustle outside, and I turned my head to the side slightly, looking out of the window, In search of what made the sound. When I looked, I saw a tall figure standing outside in the bushes. His body was darkened by the shadows, but I could see his eyes. Those two brown orbs held me. They looked so familiar.

I felt a chill of realization run down my spine. They were his eyes…Bang Yongguk.

I sat up slowly. I could feel my whole body shaking in fear.

“Himchan” I whispered, unable to raise my voice due to the terror I was experiencing.

“Himchan…himchan” I shook him. He didn’t budge, clearly trying to ignore me

“HIMCHAN!!” I finally yelled and looked at him, “he’s outside!”

He finally sat up.

“What? Who’s outside?”

“Yongguk…he’s out there.” I pointed to the window, not wanting to look again. He looked behind me.

“There’s nobody there Jiah.” He said calmly.

“What?! Yes there is!! Don’t you see him?” I asked hysterically.

“There is nobody outside.” He repeated himself and turned me around to face the window. When I looked outside…he was gone. There was no one there and no sign of anyone being there at all tonight.

“H-he was j-just there” I stuttered.

“No he wasn’t Jiah; it was just your imagination.”

“NO!! It wasn’t my imagination! I saw him. He was looking at me.”

“Jiah,” he spoke soothingly, trying to calm me down. “We’re far away from him. He’s locked up somewhere in Seoul, and we’re in Busan.” He rubbed my back.

“I understand that you think about what happened, but remember, you’re safe, and I’m here. He won’t hurt you again…”

I looked over at Himchan with teary eyes. He pulled me close and held me as I cried into his chest.

“Shh, it’s alright.” He whispered to me.

He held me like that for hours, and soon I could feel myself slipping away into a deep sleep. I was exhausted