Chapter 20

My Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:00 in the morning…

Suzy checked Myungsoo who was not yet awake so she left a notepad saying, “Ya sleepy head! Have a good day ahead!  -Bae Suzy”

Suzy greeted everyone in the Ministop but she noticed that she lacks to greet someone which is Lee Je Hoon. She asked Juniel, “Juniel-ah, have you seen Lee Je Hoon already? Isn’t it he comes here early in the morning?”

Juniel shook her head. “I didn’t see him yet, but you’re right he always comes here before you. Hm, maybe he’s late right now. Let’s just wait for him.”

“Neh. Maybe you’re right.” Then she looked for Manager Kang and asked, “Manager, is our boss late today?”

Manager Kang answered, “Ah. Didn’t he tell you yet? He’s leaving right now. He’ll be going to New York. I don’t know when will he come back here. I shouldn’t have told you this but maybe it’s okay because I think he’s in the airport already and his flight will be at 10:00. Wae?”

Suzy was surprised. “What?! Manager, you should have told me that right away.” She hurriedly hired a taxi and went to the airport.

Manager Kang sighed. “I can’t understand teenagers nowadays. I think I’m really getting older.”

At the airport, Lee Jehoon checked his phone if there was a message from Suzy. He was waiting for his flight. Suzy texted Jehoon saying: “Ya! Where are you right now?! Tell me!”

Jehoon replied: “Aniyo.”

Suzy got mad and called him. “Lee Je Hoon! Tell me, where are you?!”

Jehoon answered, “I won’t.”

“Aish.  In case I see you, you’ll be dead.”

“Really? If that would be the case, I will hide from you.” He smiled.

“Yeah, really. Aish!” She walked and looked for Jehoon in the airport. She saw Jehoon while talking to the phone and shouted, “Lee Je Hoon!”

Jehoon brought his phone down and turned his head. “Oh! Suji-yah!”

Suzy ran towards Je Hoon and pointed him. “Where do you think you’re going?!”

Lee Jehoon looked around and he noticed that almost everyone was staring at them. He said, “Shh. Suji-yah, can you please lessen your voice? Everyone was staring at us.”

Suzy louden her voice and said, “I don’t care! Let’s go back!” She handled Jehoon’s bag.

Jehoon shouted, “Aniyo! What are you doing?”

Suzy looked at him and said, “Jehoon-ah, what’s wrong with you?”

“I need to go abroad for a business trip.”

“A business trip? How long does it take to have a business trip? Why don’t you tell me the truth? You’ll stay there for good, right?”

“Arasseo. Let’s take a seat.”

They both took their seat and talked for awhile. Jehoon said, “To tell you honestly, I really want to go abroad.”

Suzy asked, “Wae? Is it because of me? You don’t want to see me with Kim Myungsoo?”

“Huh? Aniyo. I want to study more about business and because, I think you don’t need me already. Kim Myungsoo’s at your back. He can take good care of you.”

“Ya! You told me that you’ll never leave my side. You told me that you want to have a sister like me. Where’s your promise? You don’t want to see my face here? You’re irritated with my face? There’s no problem with that. Soon, I’ll be gone and you don’t have to worry seeing my face. Just stay with us for the meantime.”

“That’s also the other reason. I can’t take to see you disappear just like Leo. I thought I can take it, but no. I will practice myself not to see you as early as now so that I can be used to it. So, please don’t stop me from going abroad, because I can’t stop you either from disappearing soon.”

Suzy’s tears fell. “So, that’s it. You’ll break your promise? What kind of person are you? Please, don’t leave. What if Kim Myungsoo will do just the way you are doing right now? What if he’ll also leave me? I’m scared.”

Jehoon wiped Suzy’s tears and said, “Don’t worry, all you need to do is trust him. He’ll never leave your side. He will never break his promise to you, unlike me. I’ll kick his face if he will leave your side or if he hurt your feelings. And I told you before that this is not a goodbye, right? We’ll see each other soon. Maybe not down here, but up there. So, do you already understand what I’m saying?”

Suzy looked at Jehoon, “Neh. If that’s your choice, I’ll respect it. Don’t forget me huh?”

Jehoon smiled. “Of course, I will not forget your beautiful face. I need to go. Take care of yourself. If something is wrong, you can call or text me. Arasseo?”

Suzy smiled. “Mm. Take care of yourself, too. Bye!”

Kim Myungsoo was standing not very far from Suzy. He also saw Jehoon leaving. Myungsoo saw Suzy crying. He approached and asked, “Are you okay?”

She looked at Myungsoo, “Kim Myungsoo? Why are you here?”

He answered, “I told you I will never leave your side. I went at the store where you’re working and Manager Kang told me that you hurriedly went here to see Lee Jehoon so I also hurriedly went here. Please, next time contact me where you’re going. I’m concerned about you. Arasseo?”

Suzy was speechless, so she just hugged Kim Myungsoo. They went to eat at a restaurant when Suzy felt something different. Myungsoo asked, “Is something wrong?”

Suzy felt dizzy and she was shocked when she saw her left hand disappearing. “What’s happening with me?”

Myungsoo also saw Suzy’s hand and was also shocked. “Oh! Suji-yah, your… your hand! It’s disappearing.”

Suzy’s tear fell. “Ottoke? Myungsoo-yah, ottoke?” But later, her hand turned back to the way it was.

Myungsoo hugged Suzy. “It’s back again. Don’t worry. We’ll find a way to stop this.”

“I’m afraid that it might happen again. Ottoke?”

“No. Stop thinking too much. Trust me.”

 

On that night, Kim Myungsoo was worried about Suzy. He has no idea how to stop Suzy’s disappearance. He knew that he can’t find a way to solve the problem. He just thought of spending every second with Suzy. He went at the rooftop and shouted while looking above, “Why do you need to take her?! Isn’t she doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter