You just can’t help it.

Us Against The World

 

Bright street’s lights flash in front of his eyes at the car moves, not too fast but neither too slow. Through the clear window they watch people walking around under the clear moonlight, and they see the fluffy tops of the trees being shaking kindly by the nice breeze of this particular spring night. The smell of the previous rain was still hanging in the air, mixing with the sweet perfume of flowers of the many gardens around Seoul and with that mysterious scent which makes this Friday night different from any other.

“This is more than different, this is a freaking joke…” a certain blonde boy thinks somewhat irritated as he sinks a little more in the comfy seat, feeling his chubby cheeks warming up at each second a little more.

A small sighs leaves his pouty lips then, while he turns his eyes away from the landscape outside the car and place them in the black floor under his feet seeing just his white shoes as thought after thought comes to his confuse mind. The night had started very good, and he was able to keep controlling himself but why Nichkhun had to start talking about that woman and why he had to be so stupid to blush and cry and be so damn obvious

¿Why things never turn out like you planned them?

“¿Why things turn out to be like this exactly?” Wooyoung wonders afflicted, closing his tired orbs for a moment.

Out of any unexpected thing that would happen on a nice Friday night; out of any crazy circumstance life would put in front of him to ruin the dream moment he was having with his crush and that surely won’t happened again in the near future –or any future-, ¿why it has to be this one precisely?

“¡Oh! ¡This is the worst night ever!” the blonde boy whines out loud in his head, pouting mad on the outside as he feels how the cars slowly stop.

-Wooyoung-ah, ¿will you tell me where are we going?- but when he hears Nichkhun asking kindly by his side, he can feel the blush on his face tickling warmer.

-I-I already gave you the address, hyung…- he says trying to keep calm and not think in the kiss they almost shared a while ago.

-Yes, but I don’t know what’s there. ¿Can’t you tell me?- the brown hair man wonders curios as the car moves ones again across the long streets of Seoul.

Knowing what his hyungs wants to get from that question Wooyoung slowly place his ashamed eyes back in the window, seeing a lot of familiar places which tells him he was near that place which he never wanted to show to Nichkhun. Thinking in what the older man would do if he founds out the blonde boy feels his hands sweating cold, just like a rush of nervousness spread along his tremble anatomy as the cars stops definitely.

-Wooyoung-ah, ¿did you gave me the right address? This is a bar…- and when he hears the way Nichkhun talks so confuse and so surprised the he felt his heart stop beating for a second.

Taking the last drop of courage he still have in his body Wooyoung swallows slow, answering in the most calm voice he can manage to pull at that moment. -Y-yes hyung, this is the right place…-

A short instant of silent follow his answer, before he felt those clear orbs place on him and asking the obvious without words. He tried to ignore them, watching people passing by out the car, but when he felt how serious and hard his hyung was staring at him he knew ignoring it wasn’t the smartest idea he could do.

, …

-Wooyoung-ah ¿you don’t want to tell me?- Nichkhun ask in a soft, calm voice; making the young boy shiver.

-I-I don’t want hyung to know…- Wooyoung mumble ashamed, feeling his cheeks burning in embarrassment.

-¿Why…?- the brown hair man ask confuse yet still curios, making the blonde boy even more nervous.

-B-because… ¡It’s embarrassing!- he exclaims as his hands clenches in fists of frustration upon his lap.

-¿What’s embarrassing, Wooyoung-ah?- Nichkhun wonders again, with that calm and gentle voice of him.

The mix between frustration and nervousness slowly was digging deep into his shameful self; making him feel at the borderline of a panic attack and making the whole situation look like something really big when actually was something stupidly simple.

It’s not that Wooyoung doesn’t trust Nichkhun, but he was afraid of what Nichkhun would think of him…

 To the touch of a warm hand placing above his shaking one Wooyoung shyly looks up, finding those clear orbs which along these past two years had grown to be one of his many weaknesses he has for the older man. Those eyes had always been so sweet, had always lay on him with pure kindness and had always seems to whisper clearly –to scream clearly- certain things those plump lips had always said with other words… with appropriate words for the relationship they had.

He doesn’t understand how it works, but just by looking into those transparent eyes he has always had the sensation Nichkhun feels exactly the same as him.

-Hyung…- Wooyoung murmur nervously, feeling how the heat on his face burns a little bit hotter.-I-I… work here…- he confess embarrass at the end, seeing his hyung’s handsome features lighting up with a smile.

-That wasn’t that bad, ¿was it?- Nichkhun wonders slightly mocking, leaving that small hand to softly tousle those golden locks.

But the young boy frowns and puts at those words. –It’s still embarrassing…- he complains, looking at his hyung who hadn’t erased that smile from his enticing lips.

And Wooyoung feels even more uneasy when he hears that soft yet seductive chuckle from his hyung.

-There’s nothing to be embarrass, Wooyoung-ah. Being a waiter is a really good job.- the brown hair man comment with all honesty as his hand slowly moves away from that blonde little head.

Being a waiter was a really good job indeed… Too bad that wasn’t Wooyoung’s case.

-Yeah… well… the thing is, hyung… I’m not a waiter…- he tells in a still nervous voice, hating what will come next.

-Then… ¿what’s your job in the bar?- Nichkhun ask curios, frowning confuse as he thinks in what can an underage work on a bar if it’s not as a waiter.

-Ummm…- the blonde boy hums without knowing what to say at that question, suddenly feeling trapped. –¡L-Let’s go inside and you will see!- he laughs nervously, rushing to get out the car before more questions comes.

Being welcome by the cool breeze of the night caressing playfully his blushed face and the rest of the skin of his exposed arms Wooyoung hears the loud noise of the car’s doors being slapped close at the same time. Chills after chills runs fast down his spine then, feeling strong shocks of nervousness spreading along his body as his quickly walks inside the bar along with Nichkhun following his steps with precise accuracy.

-¿W-why don’t you sit over there, hyung?- Wooyoung ask with an awkward smile as his tremble finger points out a table on the corner. –It’s close to the window and… ummm… it has r-really good acoustic.- he comment, seeing how Nichkhun looks back at him even more confuse.

 Knowing that if he let his hyung ask or say something else he surely will be more stupid of what he already is the blonde boy quickly turns around to keep walking with impatience steps along the big and nice space of his workplace. Passing through a few tables and smiling awkwardly to a few familiar faces of his audience he rush to walk faster as his nervous orbs finally sees the bar full of people waiting for their drinks…

And a certain manager of him on the other side of the bar.

-¡Wooyoung! ¡You are finally here!- the big manager exclaims in honest relief, serving the drink he was making as a content grin paints all over his strong features.

-Ok Taecyeon… ¡I’m gonna kill you!- Wooyoung kiss between clenched teeth, staring into his hyung’s eyes with all the frustration he have.

The manager on his side just smiles apologetically. –So sorry Wooyoungie for ruing your free night, but Minjun didn’t like other boy I hired so the boy left and Minjun obliged me to call you…- he explains, leaning into the bar and making his best cute face.

Hearing all the circumstances which lead him to be in his work on his free night instead of in a much, much sweeter moment Wooyoung sighs heavily; wondering why such a great musician like Kim Minjun needs to be the second vocalist of some rookie boy who barely can sing. ¡That man can own the whole bar, the whole freaking block if he wants, with his mind-blowing music and beautiful voice!

-¿Why is Minjun hyung a second vocalist? ¡It’s more than obvious that he is an artist!- Wooyoung comment unbelieving yet slightly irritated, seeing how his manager hand him a glass of cold water.

-He doesn’t want to force his voice because there’s a big possibility to make a record one of these days.-  Taecyeon explains calmly as he carefully dries a few glasses. –Besides, he had named you his favorite dongsaeng the first day you came here with Junho.- the manager adds, flashing that mocking grin so characteristic of him.

To the mock of his hyung the blonde boy roll his eyes, ¿was that even possible? It’s just almost 6 months since he started working on the bar while Junho has been working here more than a year, Minjun surely knows Junho more than what he knows him so ¿how can Minjun favorite him over Junho?   

-Jang Wooyoung…- but when he hears his name being whisper coldly right into his ear, and when his nervous eyes turn to his right to found sharp, little ones staring at him almost dangerously Wooyoung understood it perfectly.

Minjun likes cute things, and even when Junho is cuter than Wooyoung when he smiles, the most of the time Junho was quite scary…

-H-hey Nuneo…- Wooyoung smiles awkwardly ones again, feeling chills on his spine when he sees how his friend frowns.

-¡¿What the hell is wrong with you?! ¡¿Why did you bring that old man here?!- Junho hiss somewhat irritated, leaving his tray upon the bar with a loud noise.

-H-he was teaching me math when Taecyeon called and he drove me here so… he wanted to know why I had to came.- the blonde boy explains uneasy, not really understanding Junho’s angriness. -¿Why are you so bother, anyways?- he ask carefully; seeing into those small, black eyes.

-You know why…- Junho mumbles low and serious, making his older friend shiver.

Indeed, Wooyoung knows. He knows it is wrong to feel the way he feels. He knows he shouldn’t have all this mountain of feelings and  whirlwinds of emotions towards someone who is 6 long years older than him, towards someone who is also a man, someone who has a child and probably will merry that woman because of that. All that it’s so wrong, Wooyoung knows it’s perfectly

But even so, his heart doesn’t care.

-I know, Junho…- Wooyoung mumbles, seeing how his friend’s features become softer. –But I can’t help it…- he confess honest, watching into those small eyes which now look back at him a little warmer.

-Yeah… I also know that…- Junho says defeated yet slightly nice, giving to the older boy a calm smile.

Liking someone who you shouldn’t like… Junho knows that feeling too well.

-You should go with Minjun hyung now before he starts calling your name on the mic- Junho comment somewhat amused, taking his tray full of new drinks Taecyeon had already made.

To the sound of someone checking instruments and microphones the two boys on the bar chuckle at the same time, giving each other a knowing gaze before Junho patted his friend’s back and walked away to keep with his work. Wooyoung, on the other hand, just sighs as he jogs till the small but comfy scenario in the middle of the bar; seeing his hyung already sitting on his place and playing some strings of the guitar.

-¡Minjun hyung I’m here~~!- the blonde boy sings sang cutely, standing in front of the musician as a smile curves up on his pink lips.

He sees in great detail how Minjun’s panda eyes look up at him wide open in joy, and he sees and feels how his hyung quickly jump of the seat to hug him tight.

-¡Wooyoungie, you came!- Minjun says excited, shaking the younger boy from side to side in his hug. -¡The boy Taec choose was so bad! ¡You don’t have idea how much I miss you, Wooyoung!- he comment, exaggeratedly dramatic.

Wooyoung just chuckle at his hyung overreactions, gently pulling the older man away from him as he can see into those dark eyes. –Hyung, it’s okay. I’m here already, ¡so let’s star!- he says with good humor, making his hyung smile and nod in agreement.  

-¡Yeah! ¡Let’s start!- Minjun exclaims excited, letting the young boy and taking his guitar ones again. -¿What should we play tonight?- he ask to his cute dongsaeng, sitting down on his comfortable place. 

-I think we should play that song we have been practicing for so long, hyung.- the blonde boy says confident as he accommodates and prepares their microphones.

-¿That song, Wooyoungie? ¿Are you sure? It isn’t such a special night.- the older man comment somewhat doubtful, not seeing in the crowd the lovey-dovey aura he thinks that song needs.

But when Wooyoung looks back at him with those black, warm eyes shining brighter than what he had ever seen them; and when a sweet smile paints itself all over that softly blushed face Minjun knows that this night it’s more special for Wooyoung than what it can be for anybody else... This is more special of what he would ever think.

-Trust me hyung, this is a night that happens ones in a lifetime…- and when Wooyoung says those words with such a nostalgic yet content tone of voice, Minjun doesn’t have any reason to not believe him.

-Okay, Wooyoungie... That song it is.- the old man smiles calm, slowly playing the first notes of that melody.

To the beautiful sound of that music echoing softly around the nice atmosphere of the bar Wooyoung can’t help but smile widely at his hyung in pure excitement; just like his anxious eyes couldn’t wait to turn around front and finally greet the audience with that same smile, just like every single night.

-¡Hey everyone! ¡Minjun hyung and I are back!- his joyful voice echoes through the microphone, hearing the full place clapping and a few cheering whistles at the back.

-Tonight Minjun hyung and I picked a song that, uh, we wanted to play in a special occasion so… yeah… ¡we hope you will like it!-  Wooyoung explains, feeling a little bit nervous as he sees in the distant a pair of brown eyes watching him.

Clapping hands follow his uneasy speech, being slowly calm down by the melodious sound of the guitar which Minjun kept playing; as the blonde boy could feel his cheek heating up a little more are his eyes couldn’t turn way from those enchanting clear ones in the enormous distant separating them... just a like a soft shiver slid down his back when his moment to sing begun.

-Honey you are a rock

Upon which I stand

And I come here to talk

I hope you understand…-

 Through his anxious lips words fly softly across the entire bar, reaching every single ear of the nice audience and hopefully giving them the sweet and special sensation this particular song makes him feel when he remembers certain brown hyung of his.

-The green eyes

Yeah the spotlight

Shines upon you.

And how could anybody

Deny you?...-

A smiles paint itself on his warm face as the image of a few people in the crowd looking somewhat affected by his calm singing which accompanies the loving lyrics of the song… making the blonde noticing that he is not only one here who has troubles to confess what it’s trapped inside his heart.

-I came here with a load

And it feels so much lighter

Now I met you.

And honey you should know

That I could never go on

Without you…

…Green eyes.-

Whispering the last phrase his dark orbs slowly look down, hearing the beautiful way Minjun plays the guitar before the bridge, as his chubby cheeks burn a little bit hotter to the thought of what Nichkhun is thinking about him right at this moment.

-Honey you are the sea

Upon which I float

And I came here to talk

I think you should know…-

To the excited fast beating of his heart echoing loudly in his ear along with the sweet music embracing him Wooyoung looks up impatience, searching for those brown eyes and finding them in the distant just right at the same time the last phrase escaped his mouth.

-That green eyes

You're the one that I wanted to find

And anyone who tried to deny you

Must be out of their mind…-

Wooyoung sings from the top of his burning lungs, loud and clear, so maybe and just maybe like that Nichkhun would hear what his pounding heart had been screaming all this long years and what his mouth had been shutting fearfully.

-Because I came here with a load

And it feels so much lighter since I met you.

Honey you should know

That I could never go on

Without you…

… Brown eyes…-

He sings timidly those last few words as a redder blush takes over his embarrass face when he through the enormous distant between them his shining black orbs could see a soft smirk appears on Nichkhun’s handsome features.

The harmonious rhythm of the guitar accompanying his voice slowly turn into a soft caress of Minjun’s hand on the strings; making it sound calmly tender as Wooyoung sweetly murmur the magical end of that unique song.  

-Honey you are a rock

Upon which I stand…-

A long sighs slid off his tremble lips when the complete audience cheer and claps at them, seeing a few people in the front row smiling widely at him while other shout a loud ‘¡amazing!’ that makes the young blonde boy feel happily pleased that all this persons like his voice when he was just a rookie at singing.

-¡Thank you all so much! ¡I’ll leave you with Minjun hyung now!- he tells excited, still hearing the nice sound of clapping hands and cheering whistles.

After making a polite bow to the great audience of tonight and giving to his amazing hyung a thanking smile the blonde boy quickly runs out the little stage; feeling his heart freaking out in anticipation as he walks across the bar. To every single anxious step he takes his heart skip a strong and impatience beat, feeling it beating frenetic when just a few steps away he could see Nichkhun’s eyes already on him.

Hurriedly taking those final steps the young boy swallows hard, trying to remain calm and not let his crazy heart be more nervous and idiotic of what his blush face already makes him look.

–¡H-hey hyung!- but Wooyoung cursed himself mentally when his voice came off shaking as he sat down besides the older man.

-Wooyoung-ah… I didn’t had idea you could sing.- Nichkhun comment surprised, jumping directly to the topic as his brown orbs look into those black, uneasy ones.

And Wooyoung knew this is going to be so embarrassing…

-Yeah, well… ¡I-I’m not that good!- he tries to laugh off about it, feeling how hard his heart was hitting his chest because of nervous he was.

But what the older man said after didn’t help him to calm his jumping heart…

-I think you are really good, Wooyoung-ah. Your voice is so soft and deep… I really want to hear you sing again.- Nichkhun mumbles almost secretly, his serious yet sweet brown gaze never turning away from those dark oceans.

But Wooyoung does look away, placing his ashamed gaze in the floor under his feet as his hands clench the soft fabric of the seat. –Hyung is being too nice…- he comment slightly sad, knowing that he wasn’t that good and his hyung’s words were just mare courtesy.

Soft shocks of electricity rush along his skin when a strong yet warm arm place itself around his shoulders, bringing him closer to the older man till Nichkhun’s maddening scent was filling every single corner of his haunted mind. He could feel how his hyung kindly squeeze his shoulder, asking him in silent to look up again… and judging by the way his heart was racing Wooyoung knows it wasn’t a good idea to it, giving to the fact that they were so dangerously close one more time.

It wasn’t a good idea, but that’s why he likes it so much…

His eager eyes slowly starts to lift, leaving the dark floor behind as he sees Nichkhun’s collarbone through that slightly open blue shirt, passing by Nichkhun’s slender and enticing neck, reaching out Nichkhun’s plump lips which are partly open and finally finding those enchanting brown orbs which now look darker than moments ago.

-Trust me, Wooyoung-ah. I really, really want to hear you sing again…- Nichkhun’s low, soft voice barely pass through the echoing music around them; reaching the blonde boy’s ears in a seductive whisper that make him shiver anxiously.

Wooyoung didn’t really pay attention to those words, all what it matters to him is the way Nichkhun was hugging him, is the way that sweetly manly scent makes him drunk, is the way his eyes were locked with those intense brown oceans that seems to be looking right into his heart; founding what he is hiding so jealously in the deepest of his soul… ¿Does Nichkhun know it now? ¿Can Nichkhun hear his heartbeats?

¿Will Nichkhun love him back…?

-Hyung…- Wooyoung murmur barely audible, feeling his cheeks blushing redder as that handsome face gets closer and closer just like earlier in this wonderful night.

-Wooyoung…-

Nichkhun calls his name with that raspy, low voice that makes him tremble in anticipation of what was about to happen. He feels that hot breathe mixing with his soft one in the ephemeral gap separating their impatience mouths; he sense that perfect nose slightly brushing his burning skin; he hears how Nichkhun sighs softly heavy when their lips barely touch…

And Wooyoung also hears how some clears it throat behind his back.

-¿Do I interrupt something…?- that person ask, sharp and low.

Having a déjà vu of long hours ago the blonde boy feelings his blood running cold on his veins at the sound of that voice, knowing perfectly to who belongs. Quickly pulling away from the kiss he almost share with Nichkhun again he turns around, finding Junho’s inquisitors little eyes stabbing his nervous ones.

-¡O-of course not, Nuneo!- Wooyoung rush to say with a crooked smile awkwardly forming on his lips.

-Good. Come with me.- it’s all what his co-worker said before forcing him to stand up and dragging him along the bar, without even looking back at the brown hair man on the table.

Hearing the sound of people chatting mixing with the nice melody of Minjun playing the piano in the near scenario and the noisy sound of drink after drink being served by the big manager on the bar the blonde boy feels his arms being release from the tight grip his younger friend ones Junho made sure they were far, far away from the brown hair man.

-¡Ouch! ¡Junho, that hurts!- the blonde boy whines as he rubs the red spot on his white skin, looking into those tiny eyes which quickly make him shut up by how sharp and angry they are.

-¿What the is wrong with you?- and a cold chill run down his spine at Junho’s frightening tone of voice.

-¿W-what do you…?- he tried to play dumb, but seeing the way his co-worker was frowning and staring he quickly made those words slid down his throat.

-¡I can believe you almost kiss him here! ¡And around everyone!- Junho hiss annoyed and clearly unbelieving, his angry little eyes never moving away from those uneasy dark ones.

-¿A-aren’t you overreacting a little bit, Nuneo…?- Wooyoung ask with that awkward smile curving up upon his lips again.

.¿Overreacting….?- the waiter hiss his question. –¡I’ll show you what overreacting is!- he exclaims irritated as his hands reach out for the yellow collar of the older boy’s shirt.

Junho was just about to kiss those damn lips as he always wanted when someone suddenly asks…

-Wooyoung-ah, ¿it’s everything okay?- and by looking the way Wooyoung’s eyes shine he doesn’t need to turn around to know who it is.

-¡Y-yes, hyung! ¡Everything it’s okay!- the blonde boy quickly says. –Nuneo and I were just playing around.- he comment, kindly taking Junho’s hands away from his collar; making the younger boy tremble suddenly.

-Oh, well, I just came to tell you I have to go to pick Mason from his grandma’s house.- Nichkhun says gently, seeing that cute smile painting in those pouty lips.

-¡O-Okay! Thank you for driving me here, hyung…- Wooyoung thanks somewhat shy, watching into those sweet brown orbs which now are clear as usual.

-You are welcome-Wooyoung-ah… I’ll see you later.- it’s all what the older man says in a soft voice that seems to be hiding something, before giving him a final look and slowly walking away.

The blonde boy sees that big back walking away, feeling cold as Nichkhun’s warmth wasn’t burning delightfully nice every inch of his body. A long sigh escapes his pink lips when his hyung was finally out his sadden view; and a pout quickly forms itself on his mouth as suddenly he feels alone without Nichkhun’s sweet orbs looking at him.

-Tch, ¿why are you like this? In the minute he is gone you look like a lost puppy…- Junho comment moody by his side as he sits down on the stool of the bar, looking into those tiny little eyes of his younger friend.

And Wooyoung just sighs long ones again, still with that stupid happy smile on his stupid blush face as he answer him the most stupid thing Junho had ever heard –I can’t help it, Junho… I’m too in love…-

Junho wrinkles his nose displease at those lovely words -at that lovely image of Wooyoung in love with someone else- and without saying anything he just grab his tray he had left forgotten upon the bar to rush to some empty table and clean it… trying to suppress his angry and all those stupid tears running to the edge of his tiny eyes.

Junho better than anyone understands when you just can’t help it…

~*~

¿Song?: Green Eyes - Coldplay.