Things out of reach.

Us Against The World

 

Let's get this baby started!~~
Well, I'm really sorry for make you wait so much to read the first chapter but here it is! ^^ I hope you can have a clear idea of how everything is going to be in this fic :)
I want to tell you that I have my finales on November 14 & 15 so I don't know if I will be able to update quickly. Maybe I can do chap two for next week but I can't promise anything :/
Anyways, thanks you so much for waiting and subscribing! ^^ I hope you can enjoy this! 
Nos vemos! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yellowish sun rays dye the blue firmament with shades of baby pink while the red sun hides behind the distant horizon, slowly announcing the end of this spring afternoon.  Birds fly across the sparkling sea, singing the last notes of today’s song as they quickly return to the green leafy treetops. The busy life of the big city gradually slow down when the last moments of the afternoon bring peace to every hardworking citizen, along with the cool touch of the upcoming night breeze.

Warm sunlight covertly sneaks through the dark, burgundy curtains of a quiet room; kindly illuminating the immensity of the place. Secretly they swim across tall and enormous libraries of thick, brown wood full of antique books; delicately brightening up those beautiful paintings which decorate the beige papered walls; gently caressing the fifteenth century style lounge chairs; and peacefully landing on the burgundy carpet upon the hided wooden floor.    

 But those curios sun lights also meets with the calm features of a handsome brown hair boy sitting in the desk in front of the crystal window. Playfully they outline his perfect, straight nose; tickling down to those plump lips; sliding down and down through his slender neck; running across his chest above that white shirt; finally reaching his big, creamy hands which draws his  new idea with perfect curvy lines and exact determination on the smooth paper above the soft surface of his sophisticated desk.

Curios ray of day light follow his moves swiftly as he adds some twist of color to the black and white piece. Delightfully they outline that smile painting on his mouth ones the draws was perfectly done. Pleased with his new work he carefully stretch out on the comfortable chair, slowly lifting his brown orbs to the clear window in front of him, watching the beautiful sunset on the vast backyard… and those sneaky sun lights finally found those eyes jealously hidden beneath light lids: clear orbs of a sweet light brown which shine warmly at everything they place on.

To the murmur of the door opening they turn away from those yellow sun lights, seeing his little son standing there with a sadden aura embracing him. A wider smile curved up on his face at the sweet sight, and with a simple move of his hand he watches attentively how the small boy walks calmly to him. His son was the vivid memory of his younger self, mixing with the natural beauty of his mother and the innocent of his first 6 six years of life… his son was his own life, his own soul shining and breathing through those brown, pure orbs which always look out for him.

-Dad, they are late…- his son pouts cutely after his sad whine, crossing his little arms above his chest as his sweet orbs stare directivity at him.   

Nichkhun just smiles a bit more, lovingly caressing those soft brown locks of his son’s little head.

-Mason, you know they always are a little late... Just be patience, ¿okay?- he ask softly, watching how his son sighs and nods not really willing to.

-¿What are you working on, daddy?- Mason wonders then curios, standing on his tiny toes to see the paper over the tall desk.

-In the new idea I got for my next book.- Nichkhun answer calmly, taking the little boy on his arms and sitting him on his lap.

-¿What is about…?- his son wonders curios one more time, watching cutely interested his draw.

-Well, is about a little chick and a puppy. They don’t know how they could be friends because they come from different breeds, so they have to pass many obstacles.- he tells as simple as it is, leaving a kiss on his son’s soft cheek.

-¿Like Suk Hyun and I? Suk Hyun has black hair and mine is brown…- Mason asks intrigued, his big adorable eyes looking back at him.

-Not exactly, son. It’s not about hair color, it’s about being different… completely different.- he tries to explains, seeing how the baby boy frowns confuse.

-But Suk Hyun and I are completely different… That’s why I didn’t like him at first.- Mason comment somewhat irritated, the frown on his innocent face getting more noticeable.

Nichkhun chuckle at his son’s adorable expression. –I thought you always liked Suk Hyun, you are best friends after all.- he says slightly amused by the way his son pouts.

-Not at first…- the little boy mumbles. –You know Suk Hyun is really nice and friendly, so everyone in kindergarten wanted to be his friend… I was really jealous because no one wanted be my friend, so I ignored him for that.- he tells, those beautiful brown orbs never turning away from his.

-If that’s so, ¿then how is it that you two are the best buddies now?- Nichkhun ask curios yet still quite amused, wondering why his son never said a word about this before.

He sees with attention how a tender smile comes back to his son’s adorable face; and he sees in delight how those sweet eyes shine joyful and Mason’s soft voice caress his ears happily.

–When noona told us to pick a sit partner, Suk Hyun picked me among all the other kids; and when they asked him why he choose me he said ‘because I want to his friend’-   

-¿So you stopped being jealous and accepted him?- Nichkhun ask faking surprised, watching how his son nods excited.

-¡Of course! ¡He wanted to be my friend of all people!- the little boy exclaims, that content smile still painted on his face. -Besides, it’s hard to say ‘no’ to Suk Hyun; he is really stubborn. The first thing he asked me was ‘stop ignoring me’- he add, a cute serious tone ringing on his innocent voice.

Nichkhun chuckles then, playfully ruffling his son’s smooth locks. –Yes, Mason; I’m pretty sure it was hard to stop ignoring him.- he comment sarcastic as he takes the pencil and add some details to his draw.

He knows way too well how much Mason loves Suk Hyun like the brother he never had…

-Dad, ¿how is mom…?-the soft voice of his son reaches his ears, feeling those sweet eyes looking at him calmly.

Nichkhun sighs and smiles as he looks back at his adorable son. –She is fine. She says China is beautiful and that she got a panda for you… She misses you a lot and she can’t wait to come back.- he tells, remembering every single word Victoria said on that morning call.

-¡I miss mommy a lot too!- Mason exclaims one more time, so full of energy and that bright, adorable smile all over his baby face. -¿Do you miss her too, dad?- he ask then, so innocent and sweet.

An unpleasant sensation of uneasiness arises on him thanks to that question. His body feels rigid and his heart became heavy as stone knowing that he had to lie looking straight into his son’s excited eyes…  it wasn’t precisely the nicest feeling in the world. And it makes it even more worst the fact that Mason will believe him, will trust him every single time he ensure he miss Victoria when he doesn’t even think about her; that he loves Victoria when he doesn’t even have a tiny, little place for her in his heart.  

It wasn’t because Victoria spent almost the whole year traveling around the world with her band rather than being home with Mason and him and be a family that Nichkhun feels so… indifferent about the mother of his child.

It was just because he doesn’t love her.

“¿Did I ever loved her…?” He wonders for himself, not really wanting an answer.

But there are innocent eyes wanting and waiting for him to answer, so he takes a deep breath to fake that everything is okay and he force  himself to smile as decent as he can when he was about to take advantage of his own son’s pure soul. His guilty eyes find Mason’s beautiful ones in the short distant and Nichkhun mentally screams himself to be credible

But as soon as his tremble lips parted slightly, there’s the miraculous sound of the ring echoing wonderfully tuneful to his ears; which kill those horrible fake words before they slip out his mouth and reach the naïve heart of his baby boy. Mason jump off his lap excited and runs off the room saying loud and clear ‘¡they are here!’ that makes Nichkhun feel a little –just a little- bit better. He had escaped from the uncomfortable situation and he had saved another unforgivable lie… at least for now.  

Daddy, hurry!- He hears how Mason yell impatience, and a bitter chuckle pass through his dry lips as he stands up and walks out the room.

The warm sunlight coming from every single window of his home welcomes him along with the echo of Mason’s soft voice ringing along the walls. Those curios ray of bright yellow lights follows his steps as he calmly walks down the hallway, chuckling one more time as Mason’s mellow voice get a little irritated. Eager sunlight keep follow him passing by the white kitchen and the silent living room, gently illuminating his excited son standing by the front door. A truly loving smile paints on his face at that sight… just like a sorrowful grip on his heart remembers him all those times he lie to Mason.

-¡Dad! ¡Come, come! ¡Hurry, hurry!- his son’s anxious voice stop him from thinking in how awful he was as a parent –again-; and instead he let his little boy dragged him to the door with all the force Mason had.

Taking one last glance to his excited little boy Nichkhun sighs and turns his eyes to the white wood of the front door, already feeling all those bubbling sensation the person behind the door causes on him. Longing spreads along his body, making him feel anxious but nervous at the same time. His heart beats fast, sending warm waves to every point of his impatience anatomy. His palms are soaked with sweat and suddenly it’s so hard to breathe… but the curious thing was, that overall, it feels nice, very nice.

-¡Dad!- Mason whines, tugging the sleeve of his shirt impatiently.

His son wouldn’t wait any longer… and neither does Nichkhun, clearly.

His hand move in automatic and with one swift move the door quickly opens. The natural splendor of the sunset receives him with strong yellow rays hitting right into his eyes; but what almost blinded Nichkhun was that bright smile painted in those pouty, pink lips of the blonde, young boy standing in front of him. He barely heard Mason and Su Hyun passing by him and going up the stairs when his eyes finally could move away from that enticing mouth up to those black, shining orbs which make him feel even warmer than what the Sun could make him.

Geez, two years had pass since the first day he felt this way and today still he can feel all this craziness of emotions jumping around his heart just by the mare present of this boy

-They will forever ignore us, ¿won’t them, hyung?- his soft voice travel to Nichkhun’s ears along with the nice spring breeze, sounding so adorably amused that he could only smile and nod.

-I think so, Wooyoung-ah…- it was the first thing –which he could actually say- that came to his mind when his heart shake excited and instantly he forgot how to speak.

He must have some weird expression on his face at the moment, because the blonde boy laugh softly with that sweet, lovely voice of his that causes on Nichkhun an infinite rush of tender sensations burning his skin and soul in the kindest way he has always felt along this past two years. His heart thumps fast against his chest, so fast that he believes it could explode in any instant. It hurts, but again, it’s nice… very nice.  

-Hyung, ¿it’s something wrong?- Wooyoung wonders playful, already knowing that nothing was wrong with him.

At least not in the way every single human being could imagine

Nichkhun composed himself at that moment, trying to look as calm as he can handle with all those feelings twisting his heart. –Nothing to worry about, Wooyoung-ah… I’m just nervous…- he tells, giving a gentle smile.

He doesn’t have the necessity to lie to the blonde, young boy. It was all over Nichkhun’s face and along this past two years Wooyoung surprisingly has grown to read him like an open book. Lying to Wooyoung wasn’t the smartest idea, hiding it was most likely impossible and handle it… well, handle it was starting to be a problem.

If it wasn’t already

-¿Why are you nervous, hyung? ¿Are you stuck and the deadline is close?- Wooyoung ask ones again, just that this time his mellow voice sound cutely worry.

Nichkhun just smiles at his lovely dongsaeng, feeling kinda touch that such a busy boy like Wooyoung could remember something about his boring life. It wasn’t that his job wasn’t important for him, but the fact that Wooyoung remembers about it was pretty surprising. Nichkhun can’t even recall when they talked about it, he just knows it was a long time ago, and here is Wooyoung so worry about something completely alien to him.

Uh, there it goes another strong thump on his chest…

 -No, Wooyoung-ah. I already finished that one on time, now I’m working in a new idea.- Nichkhun comment calmly, with that nice tone of voice characteristic of his gentle self.

So the blonde boy frowns confuse. -¿Then why are you nervous, hyung?- he wonders curios with his black, deep eyes looking straight into his hyung’s brown ones.

Nichkhun has left disarm in front of Wooyoung. He has no sly contraption to come up with, no guilty lie and no good way to come out of that question without answering. He has no way out rather than the unforgivable true… and it was precisely the true what he wouldn’t keep inside his noisy heart any longer.

Nichkhun likes Wooyoung… He likes him in the way a 25 years old man shouldn’t like an 18 years old boy.  

-Well, I always get nervous when this time of the day comes…- Nichkhun answers honestly, letting one of his charming smiles mischievously appears on his face.

It was the true. Part of the true, of course. Be it a day like today, when Suk Hyun comes to play with Mason; or either in those times when he has to take his son to his best friend’s house, it was always at this time of the day. When the sun was hiding behind the mountains, dyeing the city with warm colors which creates the perfect scene to finally say all those secrets you could have. It was at that moment when they meet, when Nichkhun’s heart seems about stop beating and at the same time it seems it will burst with tenderness…

It was in the instant his brown eyes find those black ones that everything feels okay, that everything falls in its right place

That’s what makes Nichkhun nervous. That just by the presence of Wooyoung all what it seemed to be falling apart suddenly is… alright.

-Oh…- Wooyoung’s low murmur caress his ears along with the cool wind which blows a little faster, ruffling those gold locks in a way that makes Wooyoung even more adorable of what he already is. -Hyung sure knows how to use words…-

He doesn’t know what the young boy meant with that. He doesn’t even know if the young boy understood what he meant with what he said moments ago… all what he can assure is that there’s a smile curving in those enticing pouty lips which hides something. Something that Nichkhun may or may not misinterpret, but in that smile is clearly the same mischievous intention of his own gentle grin.

-¡Woodong! ¡Hurry!- the effusive yell far away suddenly breaks into somewhat intimate aura around them, and Nichkhun can see two boys standing on the other side of the street waving their arms to the blonde boy.

Wooyoung just sighs and rolls eyes, not even worrying to turn to look back at them. –I have to go, hyung. Chan and Junho are waiting for me and I don’t want you to have problem with your neighbors because of me.- he says, still with that smile painted all over his chubby face.

-It’s okay, Wooyoung-ah. Don’t worry…- Nichkhun answers calm, yet with his typical kindness.

-Well, I’ll be come back for Suk Hyun around 8PM ¿it’s that okay?- the blonde boy asked, his black shining orbs never leaving those brown, clear ones.

-Likes always, Wooyoung-ah…- he simply comments with a slight amused tone of voice.

-Oh, w-well… See you soon, hyung.- Wooyoung says his goodbye with a curios shy ring on it, along with a rather cute smile way much different than the previous one.

Nichkhun just smiles and nods at the young boy, attentively looking how those cute chubby cheeks burns in such a tender carmine tone. He watches him walking away, his detailing brown gaze delightfully running along the blonde boy’s anatomy as the sun slowly dies behind the distant horizon. The image was breathe-taking… just like surely it was Wooyoung’s creamy skin under his fingertips.

A long, heavy sighs slip off his dry lips ones his dongsaeng was on the other side of the street. He waves his hand softly at Wooyoung as he watches him walking side by side with those two boys; till eventually the blonde locks are out his view and he can clenched his hands in fist of pure helplessness… He knows he shouldn’t feel like this for Wooyoung, he really does.

But there are things out of our reach, Nichkhun understand… And this one was his.