Thirteen

An Ambiguous Affair

One of the greatest pleasures in life, according to Choi Minho, was sleeping without having to care about what time he had to wake up. Needless to say, working in the entertainment industry meant that such days were rare for Minho so you could imagine how much he treasured the occasional times he could sleep in without having an alarm scare him awake. However, that was before Kim Kibum came along. Now, those rare occasions when Minho could sleep like the dead were the days both Kibum and he could push work aside and be nothing but lovers. It wouldn’t come as a surprise then that Minho couldn’t care less about sleeping in anymore now that he had Kibum in his life, especially for the times when he had gone to sleep with said boyfriend in the same bed as him the night before.

Waking up to someone you love was currently top in Minho’s list of life’s greatest pleasures. Not only did his mind know this, but his body understood it as well. Without the need for any alarm, Minho found himself waking up feeling completely refreshed after a good night’s sleep. Before even opening his eyes, he stretched his arms and legs, careful to stretch within his area on the bed so he wouldn’t accidentally hit Kibum, and let out a yawn. With a smile already forming on his face, Minho slowly opened his eyes as he took his time in adjusting to the brightness of the sunlight shining through the windows. When he felt like he was awake enough, Minho suddenly sensed that something was off. And his intuition was right when he turned to the side Kibum slept on and realised that only emptiness greeted him. Well, emptiness and a white piece of paper to be exact, not that it made any difference to Minho anyway. Noticing that there were words scribbled in black ink on it, the actor let out a groan and reached out for the paper, squinting his eyes to read the handwritten message.

The corners of Minho’s lips curled up slightly as he read the last sentence that Kibum wrote but it only lasted for a second before the actor was back to brooding over the cold harsh reality that he didn’t get to enjoy his greatest pleasure this morning. Minho fell back on his side of the bed and covered his face with the paper, seemingly in an attempt to suffocate himself with it while he continued grumbling like a spoilt child.

“I thought I warned you not to sulk.”

Minho instantly sprung up from the bed, his black hair a mess, his eyes full of surprise and the paper falling off his face and landing on the mattress. As the actor looked towards the direction where the familiar voice travelled from, there, in the doorway, was Kibum leaning casually against the open door with an amused smile gracing his face.

“You probably don’t deserve this then.” Holding back his laughter, Kibum shrugged as he lifted the hand that held a brown paper bag and waved it in the air to get the pleasant smell of food across.

“You’re back!” Smiling like an idiot, Minho obviously didn’t care about breakfast – what was important was that Kibum was back. “I thought you’ll be gone for hours.”

“I left at 8, Minho.” Kibum rolled his eyes as he brought his hand back down to his side, knowing Minho wasn’t interested in food right this instant. “It’s close to noon now, you pig.”

Realising that he hadn’t bothered to check the time when he woke up, Minho immediately turned to glimpse at his bedside clock and confirmed Kibum’s words. Staying silent, he then slowly turned back to look at his boyfriend with a guilty expression, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

“I don’t even know how you can get upset when you were asleep the whole time I was out.” Kibum muttered as he walked into the room, placing the paper bag safely on Minho’s desk before he collapsed on the bed with a huff. A comfortable silence filled the room.

“Everything alright?” Minho asked after a while as he glanced at his boyfriend who had closed his eyes.

“Mmm.” Kibum hummed in reply, his eyes remained closed while he sank his head into the fluffy pillow, “Except for the fact that my boyfriend is a kid.”

“Kibum…” Minho frowned; he was seriously concerned about what had happened at the breakfast date Kibum had with his mother and he wasn’t going to let Kibum get away with a vague answer.

Minho was very much thankful for the night they had spent learning more about each other. He had gotten the answers for almost all the questions he ever had about Kibum; of course, not without Minho himself giving the answers to every question Kibum had of him. Minho had learnt about Kibum’s family, his parents’ expectations of him and the whole story to why he had left school. He even got all the juicy details about what had happened when Kibum made the trip back to Daegu. And when Kibum was revealing all this to him, Minho could tell that behind his strong front, his boyfriend was more affected than it seemed. He knew Kibum was sad about how his relationship with his parents was currently strained, that Kibum was also scared it would remain like this for a long time and that deep down inside, what the personal assistant feared the most was never getting his parents’ approval for his choices on life. So despite groaning about how he couldn’t wake up with Kibum by his side when he read the message, Minho didn’t overlook the fact that Kibum having breakfast with his mother, as simple as it sounded, actually meant so much more.

“Stop pretending that you’re sleeping, baby.” Minho sighed as he reached out to Kibum’s arm. “Talk it out with me.”

After taking in a deep breath, Kibum finally opened his eyes and looked up at Minho. “Everything’s fine, Minho. I’m just tired from waking up so early this morning.”

“How did things go with your mum?” Refusing to give up, Minho wanted specifics.

“We had breakfast… and we talked… like we used to.” Kibum smiled.

Minho returned a similar genuine smile. “So she understands?”

Kibum simply nodded in response.

“How about your dad?” Minho probed.

Although Kibum remained smiling, Minho didn’t miss the flash of sadness that struck his lover’s eyes. “Mum says he’s still pissed, but he’ll come around.”

“That’s good, isn’t it?” Minho gave Kibum’s arm an encouraging squeeze.

“It is.” Kibum nodded again, but this time round also throwing his arms around Minho’s neck to pull his boyfriend down for a quick peck on the lips.

“You’re in a good mood.” Minho stated, grinning and leaning his forehead against his lover’s.

“And your breath stinks.” Kibum laughed, scrunching his nose adorably in distaste.

“Oh right. Sorry!” Minho’s cheeks turned crimson as he instantly moved away from Kibum, scrambling off the bed and rushing straight to the bathroom to do the necessary morning routine, “Be back soon!”

“Hurry so we can continue where we left off!” Kibum shouted as he propped himself up on his elbows and tried his best to peek at what Minho was doing in the bathroom since the door was left wide open. He didn’t have much time to watch Minho anyway since the actor was back in roughly five minutes, having furiously brush his teeth, rapidly washing his face and drying it in a quick swipe of the hand towel.

“Back!” Minho laughed as he jumped back into bed, swiftly gathering Kibum into his arms in one action and then rolling both of them into a comfortable position on the mattress. “We don’t have to get ready to leave for my schedule until 6pm so what shall we do in the mean time?”

“Do you want to, maybe, eat first?” Kibum proposed as he rested his chin on Minho’s chest.

“And here I thought you wanted us to continue where we left off…” Minho let out a breath exaggeratedly, his lips intentionally pursing to form a pout.

“Yeah, we can kiss, Minho. It’s fine with me.” Kibum said nonchalantly, “How far do you think we would go today though?”

“I’m ready if you’re ready.”

“Do you think we’re ready?”

“I don’t know, Kibummie… but what I do know is that I’ve already lost count of the number of cold showers we each had to take.”

“Seems like you do have an answer, Minho yah.” Kibum mused as he then lifted himself up, moving to position his knees on either side of Minho so he could straddle the actor.

“And is this yours?” Minho eyed the position they were in with a smirk. “If it is, I like where this is going…”

“It would be a huge problem if you don’t like how we are now.” Kibum chuckled as he bent down, his hand holding Minho’s face and then angling it so their lips could finally meet.

Minho’s hands found their way naturally to Kibum’s waist as he held onto his lover firmly while their lips worked magic on each other.

“Minty.” Kibum couldn’t help but comment teasingly after slipping his tongue into Minho’s mouth and gently on his lips when their kiss grew heated.

Minho smiled, intentionally Kibum’s tongue with his and kissing him deeply for what seemed like forever before he broke away to mutter breathlessly, “And you definitely had something sweet for breakfast again…”

“Why hello there Sherlock.”  Kibum quipped as he lifted his weight off Minho and kneeled on the bed, shifting lower down Minho’s body so he had easy access to slide his hand into his boyfriend’s boxers. “Let’s see what I can discover now…”

“Bummie…” With his eyes travelling from Kibum’s eyes all the way down to his lover’s hand that disappeared under his boxers, Minho couldn’t resist a moan from escaping his lips at the sight alone and then gasped once he felt Kibum’s tentative touch on him.

Letting out the breath he didn’t know he was holding, Minho nervously reached out to grab Kibum’s wrist and hold him still before his boyfriend could do anything reckless. “You don’t have to do this… we can st-“

“No, we’re not going to stop.” The tone in Kibum’s voice could not be more determined. “I want to, Minho… we’re doing this.”

Enough was said. And so, Minho found himself releasing his grip from Kibum’s wrist and allowed his boyfriend to bring their relationship to a more intimate level.

*

“Minho, you’re going to have to look me in the eye sooner or later because we do actually have to work with each other in less than an hour.”

Upon seeing the time on the clock, Kibum was left with no choice but to give up and explicitly spell out what Minho had to do even though he was feeling rather awkward himself. It definitely wasn’t going to help either of them if they felt uncomfortable around each other now that they had reached second base in their relationship. The experience had been wonderful, to say the least, for both Minho and Kibum since they both found it pleasurable. On his part, Kibum loved the effect he had on Minho and enjoyed watching his boyfriend’s expressions while bringing Minho to his and that was enough to satisfy Kibum. They hadn’t talked about it, choosing to simply bask in the afterglow before going about the necessary cleaning up and then using the time after to satisfy their hungry stomachs. The afternoon had past just like that but Kibum could tell Minho liked, if not, loved what he had given him through body language especially by that particular loving gaze that tugged on Kibum’s heartstrings in an extremely good way. Kibum had to admit, he was rather mesmerised by that look Minho had given him, so much so that it was only much later that the personal assistant realised Minho was being careful to avoid any eye contact with him after that one gaze. Kibum didn’t want to point it out for fear of making the atmosphere more awkward than it already was but time was pressurising him.

“Are you not going to talk to me too?” Kibum questioned with a pout as he walked to stand in front of the television that Minho was currently watching and placed his hands on his hips to block the screen even more.

“No Kibummie, I just-” Minho breathed in and then out, keeping his eyes fixed on the coffee table that separated him and Kibum, “-can’t look at you without having indecent thoughts right now.”

“I didn’t satisfy you enough just now?” Kibum bit his bottom lip worriedly as his hands fell to his side.

And that did the trick. An anxious Minho finally looked Kibum in the eyes.

“No! Of course not! That’s not it!” The actor immediately replied, not wanting Kibum to get the wrong idea, “How can you not know you gave me the best experience to date?”

“I did?”

“Kibum, you’re so god damn irresistible that I’m doing all that I can to keep myself calm enough so I can get through my damn schedule later.”

“You’re obviously not satisfied.” Kibum laughed as he made his way to join Minho on the sofa but when his boyfriend shot a fierce glare at him, his laughter died down. Kibum knew it was time to be serious.

“How do you do it, bummie?” Minho asked, almost begging for an answer as he turned to look at his lover who was now sitting beside him, “This relationship we have… I thought I could be professional about it but I’m beginning to lose whatever control I used to have.”

Kibum hesitated, unsure if it was going to be a good idea to answer Minho’s question. But with his boyfriend staring at him with such a troubled expression, the personal assistant could only admit his secret to staying professional.

“I… I just think about the consequences of our relationship getting exposed and it keeps me in control of my behaviour around you in public.”  

“Kibum…” Minho didn’t know what to say now that he realised it was fear that kept things strictly business for Kibum when he should be nothing more than a personal assistant to Minho.

Unwilling to linger on that topic, Kibum patted Minho on his thigh and quickly continued, “As for you, Minho, it really shouldn’t be a problem… do I need to remind you that you’re an actor, baby?”

“You’re right.” Minho agreed as he took hold of Kibum’s hand and held on to it tightly, “Let’s get to work then.”

“We’ll be fine, Minho.” Kibum gave his boyfriend a reassuring smile. “I have faith in us.”

Minho nodded, returning a smile to encourage his boyfriend as well before glancing at the wall clock to check how much time they had left before his manager would arrive to pick them up for his only schedule that night.

“20 minutes to show time!”

And that summed up how things were going to be. As long as they were in public, both Minho and Kibum were actors putting on a show.

Author's Note: surprise? teehee. to be honest, it was a struggle writing this chapter because i never did intend to write any for this story when i first set out to write AAA, but here i am, putting the idea in again. OTL it's just that minkey has been giving me so much feels and it didn't help that i'm always left ually frustrated. i'm not even kidding. hahaha. so while writing this chapter, i kept backspacing not knowing if i should write the out and well, i guess my decision is obvious. and here i am feeling rather guilty and hoping that you guys won't kill me for the implied once again. i'm crossing my fingers you still loved this update (and the image of the message, i decided to try something new!). heehee. so yupp! just sharing my thoughts and i will be off now~ till the next update, have a lovely week ahead dear readers!