Chapter 22 : I'm so thankful for them!

A Geek's Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, we broke up. We broke up. We just fakingly broke up. I can't help it. I can't help it but cry. When our tea meeting ended, we went straight back to school and pretended as if nothing happened. Well, we're supposed to act like that. We're just friends, or are we even friends? What am I saying? This is all my fault. I shouldn't have even had feelings for him. I should like Gongchan.

The day went well besides the broke up which made me clearly down. A few times, Namjoo would asked me what happened. I would deny that something's bothering me, and I know she knows there's something wrong. As I entered the door, mom greeted me and I really tried my best to fake a smile.

This time, it didn't work.

"What's the problem, dear?" She asked as Dad turned to me. Oh my, Dad!

"Nothing, I'm just tired. Call me to Dinner, kay?" I past by them and took a bath. For a moment today, I felt relaxed.

Mom called me to dinner and I felt awkwardness with these two people infront of me. Why are they staring at me.

"Okay, Hyun Jae. We, as your parents, shouldn't really involve ourselves with your personal matters.. But we're here for you. Always remember that!" Mom said.

I was completely just staring at them. Did they know about the break up? the fake break up? Still, I continued to deny.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Uhm, is everything good between you and CNU?" Oh great. They knew it.

"How'd you guys....." I said but controlled myself. No. My tears were running up and I can feel myself trembling. Just thinking about him makes me weak, and I don't even have the right to think about him! 

"Look, if you're comfortable about telling us the problem, we'll listen.. But if you're not.. It's okay." Dad said. Woah.

"Well, we broke up." I spilled it out. I saw my dad's face went more serious. This will really disaapoint him to I took another path.

"But, we're friends. Really friends. We managed to work it out, we'll still study together from time to time and hang out. We'll just not be 'romantic' to each other. I guess, we didn't really had the spark." I sighed. Really sighed. "I was just sad that I'll probably miss, you know, us...." I looked at them, and I can see that they're not so serious anymore.

"You know, I hope you'll get things straight with that guy. CNU is a fine man. I like him and I was really excited with such a music geek dating my daughter. I thought he was perfect. Not thinking about marriage though, but he seemed really into you and I really thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter