Nerdy in Love

YunJae oneshot

NERDY IN LOVE

Author: Me a.k.a Jaehan Kim Yunjae - @yunjaehan

Pairing: Yunjae

Length: Oneshot

Rating: T

Genre: Romance / Fluff

Beta: simplesmich

Cast:

Kim Jaejoong

Jung Yunho

Others

 

DISCLAIMER:

I don’t own Yunjae. They own each other but I hope I can own them. The plot, story and poster are mine.

WARNING!!!

This is fanfic means boy x boy story, so if you can’t take it just leaves already. I don’t wanna hear bad comments and I don’t care with your comments.

 

Happy Reading^^

School life maybe wasn’t meant to be joyful. There wasn’t many people happily step after that iron black gate; almost like a prison, everybody got inside and can never get out without permission for more than six hours. Even that happened to someone whom always considered as a role student; the popular. This is what has actually happen to Kim Jaejoong…

 

“Ah! These boring days come back.” Jaejoong mumbled while walking to his bathroom to wash his body.

“Fortunately, it’s my third year. I should only endure pretending like this for a year onward.” Jaejoong briskly wore his uniform then walked down to the dining room.

“Morning, Umma... Appa...” Jaejoong greeted the man whom busy reading a newspaper, and so the woman on his side as her prepared the dishes happily.

“Morning, Jaejoong... How’s your sleep?” The woman asked him.

“Pretty good, Umma. Today I need to go early because there will be a meeting with the school’s head.” Jaejoong answered politely.

“Okay then. Finish your breakfast first.”

“Oh. Umma, Appa, you do know that it is January, right?”

“Of course we knew, Jaejoong. What’s wrong?” The old man whom was busying himself with the newspaper asked him; confused.

“Nothing. Just want to ask.” Jaejoong answered; whined.

“I’ll go now!” He continued; taking his backpack then walked to the school which would take thirty minutes on walk.

 

Jaejoong POV

You would probably confuse why I asked my parents about this particular month, but before it would be better for me to introduce myself first: my name is Kim Jaejoong and at precisely 26 days of this month I will turn 18. The age which is people would say as an adult and might granting to choose their own way of life.

 

But... In my family, birthday wasn’t something considered special. Every year would turned out like any other day, sometimes I even didn’t notice that I got older on my special day; birthday really is not something special. Because of that, since I was a kid until now, I never celebrate my birthday with my family. We didn’t celebrate many special occasions too; like Father’s Day or Mother’s Day.

 

But it looks like it would be different from now on… You know, since my first year in this Cheongsim International Academy, I always get a congratulatory card from someone. Even in every 26 at every month I would always get a small gift like phone straps or a small notebook, while in my birthday I always get a bigger present with a white lily and card. Well, but I never know who’s this special mystery person since I never get successful when I search for that person.

 

I walk slowly to the shabby colored iron box with number 33 etched in its front, I open it with my key and like I have expected before there is a small red note inside. I take it to read it.

 

Your birthday is coming soon, right?

It’s a gift for you. I hope you like it.

 

“Who is this person actually?” I sigh; aggravated. I take the small box to open it.

“A necklace?” It’s actually a silver necklace with a ‘J’ letter as the pendant.

“How could he think to give me this as a gift?” I try to wear it on my neck.

“It seems fit for me.” I smile while caressing the pendant.

“Thank you…” I mumble to no one in particular.

“Who are you? I’m so curious.” I mumble again; feeling frustrated.

“You’re probably afraid to get in touch with me since I’m pretty popular here and I was known as a cold one. Who would want to get close with me?” I sigh again; feeling a slight regret.

“Nevertheless, thank you for everything. You are a good person, I believe. I will wait until the day I can see you. I hope we can meet” I kiss the pendant while hoping to meet that person.

“Now I need to go to the teachers room and attend the meeting with them.”

 

Like what you heard before, I’m a class representative whom is doted by teachers and students. Actually it’s very difficult to me to blend in with the crowd, since I’m not very social. By pretending to be smart and cool, I attract people attention to me so that people notice me and admire me. It works. I become a role student and almost all of the teachers love me. But still, I don’t really have a friend even though I got all of their attention.

 

I’m always the first person to reach the school gate; almost every day. Yes, I’m an early bird. But looks like I’m totally wrong for that, the person who gives me these gifts should have come earlier than me. Because every time I open my locker, all off that gifts were inside. It’s not possible for him to put it at night, right?

 

“I’m so not into this meeting today. Just once; it won’t be a big problem”

 

I walk following the school corridor to my classroom at the third floor on this white building. As a role student, of course I get the privilege to study in the best class; well, and I don’t think there would be any single person there right now. It’s too early

 

“Eh?” shoot! Looks like I’m wrong again. I find one of my class student has sit himself in the left corner of the room right beside the windowsill; clearly enjoying the sight outside.

“You come early.” I abruptly state to him without thinking.

“Mhmm...” He mumbles while looking at me then back to watch the scenery outside the window. I walk to my table which is situated three tables away from his; near the doorway.

“Why are you come this early?” I ask him.

“Got something to handle before.” He answered without looking at me.

“Oh.” I shrug at his indifference then busying myself with my own problem while waiting for the bell to ring.

 

His name is Jung Yunho. You can say that he is my rival at class; even at entire school. If I got the number one, he would tail right after me. He’s my biggest rival. Our appearances are just different though. He’s the nerd type; he looks so ordinary with his thick glasses decorating his face. That makes people hesitate to approach him. Like me, he doesn’t really have a friend.

 

He actually very attractive if he willing to throw that glasses and getting his hair re-styled; his hair is too straight and perfectly cling on his scalp. Even though his face was way smaller than many men but overall he’s so handsome.

 

He’s a quiet person. In every break, he would shut himself up inside the library to read book. I don’t know what he actually enjoys from those pages. I, from the other side, never really enjoy studying. I was forced to do that all; books aren’t really a joyful companion. Well, still I need to get over it too

 

“Hi, Jaejoong!” I feel a tap on my shoulder.

“Oh. It’s you, Yoochun.” I look at him a bit tentatively. Well, we could say that he’s a friend.

“As usual, you come very early.” He says while sitting in the next table from mine.

“I do.” I shrug at in indifference.

“Have you done your assignment?” He asks.

“Oh, forget it, stupid question. Of course, you have done it.” I shut my mouth again since he’s the one who answered his own question.

“Why is this class still empty? The first bell would ring soon.”

“I don’t know. I stay here only with him since this very morning.” I answer him while propping my chin on my right hand.

“Him? You mean the nerd?” He laughs.

“And as usual, he just sits there watching outside the window. I’m just confused with his behavior. What is he doing by coming to the school very early in the morning almost every day just to sit idly inside the class while watching nothing particular outside the window?” he says in quick speed

“Ah. He comes early every day” I mumble in understanding.

“What are you saying?” Yoochun asks me again, probably catching my mumbles.

“Nothing. I don’t know. Maybe he has some important matters to do.” I answer him with my flat tone.

“For almost every day?” He asks again; confused.

“Maybe”

 

I often feel weird when I see that boy always sit alone obviously plunged in thought inside the empty class every time I come back from my meeting with the teachers. He always looks blankly at the window as tough waiting for someone to come. At first it bothers me too, but after I see him like that every day; well, I just thought that it probably just his habit.

 

“But, even though he’s weird, he’s smart enough to get the second number. Always right there after you.” Yoochun says; waking me up from a deep thought.

“Yes, I think so.”

“It’s just that, you two are very different! Look at his face. He looks so innocent. And that glasses! It makes him looks stupid rather than smart. Unlike you; you’re popular and nobody wouldn’t know you. Even the teachers love you!” He adds while looking at me.

“I take it as a compliment, though it sounds like you pitying me.” I mumble softly at the end.

“Hey, Jaejoong! Yoochun!” A very familiar high pitched voice greets me.

“Junsu, why are you so late?” Yoochun asks as he sees Junsu sits behind us.

“I must take my brother to school. You know, he’s so unbearable!” He answers; clearly fuming. “Oh, almost forget about it. Jaejoong-ah, how’s the meeting going? Sorry I can’t make it.” He continues as he taps my shoulder lightly.

“I didn’t go either, Junsu.” I say to him.

“You didn’t go? How odd! Did you come late?” He looks surprised.

“Not late. It’s just that I just didn’t feel like it. Don’t you think it would turn out the same; just scream and blame each other? So boring.” I continue to prop my hand on my chin.

“Yeah. You’re right. Luckily I didn’t go this morning; well, at least there is one advantage of looking after my brother.” He laughs.

“And you, Yoochun. Why are you come so early today?” He grins at Yoochun.

“Yah! I’m not that lazy of a person! I always come at this time every day. You are the one who is never paying attention!” Yoochun knocks Junsu head playfully.

“Really? I don’t believe you!” Junsu teases Yoochun further with the same big grin. I just smile at their affectionate interaction toward each other.

 

Yoochun and Junsu; they are the only persons I can say as a friend. They regard me as an ordinary student; they always make me smile and laugh. Because of those two, these unbearable three years feels bearable. And of course, that mystery man who always showers me with gifts.

 

In life, human would encounter sadness and happiness. Maybe for this time, I am yet to found my happiness but I believe… I believe that one day I would find it. Even if there is one particular thing that bother me a lot; what kind of happiness I’m waiting for?

.

.

 

Like any usual morning, I leave to school early. Not for any other meeting; I just want to enjoy the quiet school in the morning. My heart feels heavy lately and I think I can do something with it while walking around the school. Every morning this Cheongsim International Academy is so peaceful and quiet, not many people present; only a few students and teachers. All in all, a perfect place for a mind retreats.

 

I walk past the black gate after inhaling a lungful of fresh air. I stretch my two arms widely while enjoying the morning breeze as I watch the clear sky up head. I enter my school slowly but I halt my step as soon as I reach the locker room. I see a tall boy opens my locker. How could he have my locker key?

 

I take my step slowly as I approach the said boy. And after I situated pretty near from him I halt my step again; I watch him closely. I can’t believe with what I’m seeing in front of my eyes. That boy with a scrap of note inside his hand and a small box wrapped in unique red pattern on his other hand. He put those things inside my locker.

 

“Jung… Yunho?” I call him hesitantly.

“Kim Jaejoong!” He jumps in surprise as he sees me; his thick glasses almost fall out of his nose.

“What are you…?” I started then I close my mouth with my right hand as soon as the reality dawned on me.

“Are you… Are you the one who always giving me those gifts?” I manage to ask him; still in my surprised stance.

“Kim Jaejoong… Listen to me, don’t get it wrong. I…”

“No! Answer my question! Are you really the one…?” I look at him and my locker; clearly confused.

“Th- that’s… Ah- I…” He hisses in what seems like frustration and trying to run.

“Yah! You haven’t answered my question yet!” I bark at him as I run to catch him. I get his hand right away.

“Kim Jaejoong… I- I can explain it all…” He tries to pry my hands from his with force.

“Then explain to me now!” I spat at him back.

“That’s… Huh- okay. Just not here” He pleads.

“Where so?” I ask him.

“At the school garden. We go there.” He says as he starts to walk to the said direction.

“Let go off of my hand.” He adds while he tries to pry my hands from his again.

“No! You would run away again if I don’t hold you.” I hold his hand tighter and so he just quietly walks again.

 

We walk together to our school garden. It’s a very calm place for me to enjoy myself but, of course, that’s not important for now. What important is that this certain Jung Yunho should explains himself; the meaning behind those gifts and letters. We get comfortable under an old willow tree and stretch my legs out while patting it lightly.

 

“So, can you explain it now?” I ask him straightforwardly after he get settle on my side.

“Mhmm...” He sounds hesitant.

“Well, if you don’t want to word it out, I will be the one who will ask. Are you really the one who put all that gifts on my locker?”

“Eumm...” He just nods.

“And those letters too?”

“Eumm...” He nods again.

“You’re the one who write those letters?”

“Eumm...” He still nods.

“Nobody order you to write it, right?” I ask him; trying to get the clear picture.

“Eumm...” He shakes his head for a no now.

“Do you like me?” I observe him with a grin plastered on my face.

“Eumm...” He nods again but after a while his face turns a bit tense and he bows his head down look at the ground.

“Really? You aren’t kidding me, right?”

“I...” He starts again; as hesitant as ever.

“Please, you should be honest to yourself. Don’t look at me as a school idol.” I plead him while grasping his hands.

“I... I do like you, Kim Jaejoong. Since the first day I’ve been accepted in this school, you are the only one person who never sees me lowly like anybody else. You even walk me to find my classroom that day and so since that day… I started to like you.” He says; exhaling loudly.

“But I know you would never see me when I’m a nerd like this. You’re this school idol and all of the teachers love you, while I just a nerd that always falling one step behind you. Because of that, I can only give those gifts secretly.” He continues; regretfully.

“Do you think I am like that?” I say after hear his explanation

“Eh?” he asks then looks at me

“Do you think that I’m one of those kinds of people who look only at the appearance without looking at other’s heart?” I ask him; a bit annoyed.

“I never cared about your appearance, Yunho. What’s always matter is this!” I add as I poke the left side of his chest.

“What in your heart more important than your face.” I smile at him.

“Then, you are serious with what have you said before? You really like me?”

“Eumm...” He nods then look down again.

“Don’t just nod! Look at me and say that to me.” I pull his face so we can look at each other eyes.

“I… I like you, Kim Jaejoong.” He says; this time looking into my eyes.

“I like you too, Jung Yunho.” I answer him; grinning as I see him looking at me wide-eyed.

“You- you serious?” He stutters in between the surprise.

“Of course.”

“But… Me, I’m just a…” I stop his words by putting my forefinger on his lips.

“Don’t ever say something like that. I have said to you before that I never look people from their outer appearance. I look into their heart and you know, you’re the only one who likes me sincerely.”

“Sincerely…?”

“Eumm... I can saw your sincerity from those gifts. Even you are the only one who always remembers my birthday.”

“Thank you, Jung Yunho.” I smile then hug him.

“I’m the one who supposed to be thankful” He looks at me; confuse evident on his eyes.

“No. I’m the one who should be thankful for I can get your sincere love from you.” I smile at him.

“Thank you for everything and for all the gifts you give to me.” I can feel him reciprocating my hug.

 

This is the first time for me to feel a comfortable hug; he’s warm and making me feel lightheaded. I really like this certain person. After sometime, I detach myself from him. Yunho is watching over me intently; letting his two hands circling my waist.

 

“So, we are official, right?” The smile never leaves my face.

“May- maybe…”

“What ‘maybe’? You don’t like me?” I playfully sulk to him.

“I like you. It’s just… I can’t believe this is happening yet.”

“You should believe because I’m in front of you right now.” I circle my arms on his neck.

“And because we’ve been official today, you don’t need to call me with such of formality. It sounds weird.” I order him

“What should I call you then?” He looks at me again; confused.

“It’s up to you. What you see fit me”

“Jaejoong?”

“No, everybody call me by that name; you’re the only one who still calls me Kim Jaejoong. Find other… I want a name only you call me with.”

“Jae-...?”

“That’s it! ‘Jae’ sounds perfect. I like it!” I cut his words immediately.

“Call me ‘Jae’ from now on, okay?”

“Eumm...” He nods.

“Good” I caress his hair affectionately.

“Then I will give you a nickname too! Since you called me by my first name, I will call you by your first name too. How about ‘Yun’? Do you like it?” I fold my hands in front of his chest waiting for his reaction.

“Eumm... I like it.” He answers.

“Yun and Jae... Yunjae, sounds cute. Later when we got a kid, we will give the name to him. Well, but it’s too soon to think about a kid, right?” I continue; looking at the crease on around his eyes while he laughs.

“You’re cute, Jae...” He says softly while caressing my left cheek.

“After this, you will know everything about me, Yun!” I grin at him, circling my arms around his neck again while giving him a fast peck on his lips.

“That’s my first kiss. I gave it for you so keep it good.” Yunho’s just looking at me quietly.

“Come on… Our first period will be on in no time.” I stand up then take Yunho to the class.

.

.

 

Love is unpredictable. Honestly, I’m just as surprised to know that Yunho is that mysterious man; but anything I have said to him is true from my heart and I’m not a person who would look others only by their appearance. I will see them from their heart; with my heart. And Yunho’s sincerity has melt me and so that feeling coming up by itself.

 

Maybe what Yunho do is just so ordinary for most people but for me every single thing was enough to show me his sincerity; well, even though his way was way too conventional but you can’t hope many things from a nerd, right?

 

“Hey, Jaejoong! Have you seen the board today?” Yoochun asks me while his back to his seat.

“What is it?” I look at him; confused.

“Jaejoong!” Junsu’s screaming while running into the class.

“What happen, Junsu? You almost split my ear up!” I grumble in annoyance.

“Have you seen the board today?” He straightly asks me.

“What is it actually? Yoochun talks about it earlier too.” I ask him as I those two one after another.

“You don’t know about it yet? Every student talks about it since this morning!” Yoochun answers. I look around to see all the students looking at us with curious eyes.

“You rumored to be official with Jung Yunho; that nerd.” Junsu continues.

“There even a picture of you two walking hand by hand in the school garden!” Yoochun adds.

“Really?!”

“Of course, it’s real! Is it true?” Junsu answers immediately. Yoochun just nods in understanding. I watch Yunho from a far as he interestedly looking out the window.

“So, it’s the right time then” I mumble.

“What time?” Junsu looks at me with a clear confusion.

 

Ignoring Junsu’s question, I walk to my lover desk. Since that day, we have been hiding our relationship to the public. I don’t agree with him at first because I don’t want everyone looking lowly at him again, but Yunho forced me to since he didn’t want me to lose my reputation at school. But now, I have decided that I will make everyone what Jung Yunho means to me.

 

I hear whispers as I walk to him; some says ‘he would get beaten up by Jaejoong’ and some says ‘how dare he pretended to be Jaejoong lover as popular as he is’, and else. I just chuckle inwardly as I hear their insult; I can’t wait to see their surprised face after what I will do.

 

I get closer with Yunho’s desk and without waiting for him realizing that I already in front of him I pull his face to me and kiss him chastely; those soft lips I always feel. I can hear everybody inhaling their breaths loudly and all the restrained screams around me. I catch their reaction from the corner of my eyes; smiling again. I close my eyes as I enjoy the feel of Yunho lips against mine.

 

I can feel Yunho closes his eyes while kissing me back. But after sometime, I think he kind of realize the situation around us and pull out our kiss.

 

“Jae?” He asks uncertainly.

“Just be quiet. I’m the one who will resolve all this.” I smile at him then proceed to having my attention towards the class.

“Listen to me. What you have read from the board is true. I and Yunho are in a relationship. So, you don’t need to be surprised like that.” I grin at them; they look like they lost their words upon my announcement.

 

During the whole periods that day, I sat beside Yunho. It’s more comfortable that way. We can freely doing our lovey dovey acts. No need to hide again; as we always have to come to the rooftop every break just to get in touch. Sometimes Yunho will hold my left hand above the desk. Sometimes I’m the one who stole a kiss on his cheek.

 

After the school hours passed, Yunho invites me to his house. This is the first time I visit my friend’s house, and moreover a lover. I’m beyond nervous. Yunho said that he wants to tell me something and he needed to tell me in his house; I don’t have the slightest clue about it.

 

After I get to Yunho’s house, of course, it’s just surprising. His innocence appearance is nothing to compare what I have seen now. Yunho’s family is rich and this house should be called a mansion or even a palace. We walk in together; it looks like his parents aren’t here. Yunho takes me to his room; what’s with his room?

 

In his room, Yunho leads me to look at him then he takes a frame that stands previously on his night stand. He gives it to me.

 

“This…” I see the person in the frame. It is Yunho I am sure; he looks very different in the picture, without his glasses, with a great hair too.

“It’s me, Jae.” He says.

“You? When?” I ask him curiously. Without answering my question, Yunho takes off his glasses and ruffles his hair. He looks exactly like the person inside the frame.

“That’s me as in now, Jae.” He smiles at me. I look at Yunho and look back at the frame again.

“This is you as for now, so…”

“Please, forgive me, Jae. I have lied. You know, I’m the only heir of my father company and it’s not easy. Almost everyone get close to me just to get my wealth and because of that, I pretended to be a nerd to found someone who will sincerely love me without looking at my wealth.” He says; clutching my shoulders.

“Actually I want to tell you as soon as you said you love me that day but I’m afraid that you will look at me not as good as what have you been thinking of me and I thought that you will leave me after. But today, when you announce our relationship to others I just can’t hold it back anymore, Jae.” He continues.

“You let everybody know even you will lose their respect to you. While me, just with that little risk I don’t dare to be honest to you, because of that…”

“Yunho-ah…” I look at him admiringly.

“I love you, Jae. Please don’t leave me. If you feel aggravated and want to punch me, I will accept it; just please don’t leave me. Please…” He begs; closing his eyes.

“I love you too, Yunho.” I declare as I hug him.

“I’m so in love with you. How come I will let my handsome lover’s face getting beaten up?” I continue; cupping his face with my two palms.

“Jae…” He looks surprised with my action.

“I know that what have you done is for the best and I’m happy that you be honest to me.”

“Thank you for accepting me.” He smiles then circles his hand around my waist.

“I’m the one who need to thank you, Yun.”

“I love you…”

“I know. I love you too…” I hug him tightly.

“Happy birthday!” Yunho says; surprising me.

“Eh?” I look at him again.

“Do you forget? Its 26 already. It’s your birthday!” He answers me as he loses up our hug.

“I… I don’t even remember it.”

“No problem, because I remember it.”

“Thank you, Yun.” I lay my head on his chest.

“And you know, I have a special gift for you this time?”

“What is it??”

 

Yunho’s face gets so close to mine then he gives le the longet kiss we have ever done together. This is the most beautiful gift Yunho ever give to me; and I won’t forget it ever. Because of him, I found my love and my happiness, the feeling of loving and to be loved. Right now, I finally understand what I want in my life. I want to be with him forever; to be with the one and only Jung Yunho.

 

End

Thank you for reading

Comment as you like ^^