Chapter 3 - When Fate is Trolling

When unexpected things happens....

 

“Jessica Jung,right?” Jay asked while pointing at Jessica. Jessica just nods.

“Let me guess, Krystal ……… Jung?” she turned around pointing at Krystal who is standing beside her. Krystal nods.

“Wow. This is fate!!” Sooyoung cheered excitedly. Now everyone had their attention on Sooyoung.

“Is fate is it not? Jessica is my girlfriend, Jay is my cousin. Krystal is Jessica’s sister but Jay and Krystal hasn’t met and now they’re close friends in Day-1.” Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly.

“Right, so do that mean something BIG is going to happen soon between Hyuna and I?” Jay said sarcastically.

“Hyuna? Why?” Sooyoung asked arched an eyebrow.

“She is in the same class as me. How bad luck am I.” Jay complained.

“Hyuna sits infront of me.” Krystal added.

“So?” Sooyoung asked still not getting a clue of Jay’s concern.

Jay sighed. “Unnie, have you forgotten what she always done to me when I was young?

 Sooyoung shakes her head in respond which made Jay sighed again. Jessica and Krystal looking at the two cousins curiously.

“She caused trouble but I was always the one getting punished. She is the trouble-maker but I am the punishment-receiver.” Jay explained. Finally Sooyoung remembered.

“Ah, now I remembered. Well, looks like fate brings you guys together.” Sooyoung exclaimed cheerfully and laughing at her own remark. Jessica laughed along also.

 Jay can’t believe what she hears.

“Fate is a troll-er.” Jay mumbled. Of course Jessica and Sooyoung didn’t hear it. Krystal saw Jay clenching her own fist when she said that.

 

The next day……..

QUIZ DAY!!!

“Jah. Today’s quiz is to make a group of four and complete this task.” The teacher said.

“Mwo? Four? Can’t we have two?” Hyuna asked.

“No, Hyuna. Four. Comes to think of it, I think the four of you would make a great team.” The teacher said smilingly while pointing at the four.

Jay face-palms herself. They combined their tables together. The rest of the class is noisy discussing work or something else but still doing work.

Jay is just looking outside the window. Hyuna is tapping her pen on the table, Risa is spinning her pen with her finger and Krystal is writing the member’s name on the piece of paper. Pure silent. Or should I say awkward silent.

“Yah, aren’t they like too quiet?”

“Duh.. What do you think? One moment you were fighting with Hyuna, the next, you need to work with her in a project.”

The classmates whisper when they realized Hyuna’s team is silent. Like too silent that even pin drop on the floor could be heard clearly.

“Yah, we’re having project here. Can you guys give some suggestions?” Risa said finally someone breaking the silent. But to her dismay nobody answered her.

“…………….”

(*sighs* something must be done in this situation. –Hyuna)

“Yah, which chapter today will be tested in the quiz?” Hyuna asked.

“Chapter 2. About gravity. But team work plays most important part because we need to build something later.” Krystal answered.

“Good, then we’ll divide the pages equally and memorize the important points, later we take turns answering them.” Hyuna suggests. The other 3 nodded agreeing to Hyuna. So Krystal highlighted the important points, Risa , Hyuna and Jay wrote down their own points to memorize as assigned by Krystal.

Well, so far so good. They memorized successfully. How they know? Well, the normal trick. Memorize and asked each other to say out without looking at the paper.

“Jah.. Our last team please comes forward.”  The teacher asked. So the four stepped forward.

“You better do well, black hole.” Hyuna said while passing by Jay.

 and sat at the four seats in front of the teacher’s table.

“Question one: plants get food by_____”

“Photosynthesis.” Krystal answered.

“Spell it right and you’ll get extra point.”

“P.h.o.t.o.s.y.n.t.h.e.s.i.s”

They all answered the questions. Except for Jay who is afraid to ruin everything. Jay thought she can just let the members answer all and she just keeps quiet. But then, the teacher decided to let Jay answered at least one.

“Correct. Last question. If Jay passed, you all get 10 points. Plants absorb what gas to produce oxygen?”

Jay nervously looking at her members. Everyone hoping Jay to get it right. Jay had cold sweat on her forehead and her leg is shaking,

(Jae Young-ah,  please even 3 year old kid can answer. This question is your favorite. You always get this right. –Hyuna)

(Please,Jay. Get this right. We’ll get extra five points if you get this right. –Krystal)

“C-Carbon….d-dioxide.” Jay said carefully. The other members relieved especially Hyuna who known Jay since young. They smiled to Jay signaling that her answer is correct. Jay smiled in relieved.

“Spell it.” The teacher said. Now the members are nervous again.

“Um….” Jay eyed the other member.

“C-A-R-B-O-N D-I-O-X-I-D-E”

“Correct. Now guys, prepare yourselves to build a sculpture using lego pieces. I’ll give each team a sketch of a drawing and you must build it using the lego pieces and no worries, the lego pieces are for 3 year olds so they’re big. Half an hour limit. Ready, GO!”

“I’ll build the base.” Jay volunteered.

When they are finished with the body, the last mission is to put a flag on the tower. They played rock, scissors, paper to determine who to put the flag. Jay wants to pull out because she scared instead of she putting the flag successfully, the tower will collapse but Risa don’t allow it. She said

“We’re a team. No one pulls out last minute.”

Having no choice, all she can do is pray she won’t get picked. But in the end, GOD didn’t answer her prayer. She is chosen to put the flag on.

Slowly, steadily, Jay tries to put the flag.. Her hands trembling the moment the flag near to the tower.

(Please don’t fall.. please.. >_< -Jay)

Good for them, it didn’t fall. Slowly Jay remove her hand from the flag that is now placed on the tower.

“Shh~ everybody stay silent” Risa warned.

“Risa-yah.. I just realized you’re so cute puttering your lips like that.” Hyuna blurted out bluntly. That shocked the others especially Risa. Hyuna squishing her face and lightly pecked it. Obviously the class is jealous at that scene.

“What the—“ Jay said and removed her hand completely from the tower but accidentally knocked the tower slightly when she was pulling Hyuna’s hand away from squishing Risa’s face.

But thanks to Krystal’s quick reaction, when the tower is shaking a bit, she quickly stopped it by holding on to it.

“Hyuna, hold the base! Jay hold the second top part, Risa holds the part above Hyuna’s.” Krystal commanded. Immediately they obeyed.

------

Best Teamwork: Hyuna Team!!

Tallest tower: Hyuna Team!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jay is taking a nap under a tree behind the school. It’s her favorite spot there. There’s shade, wind and nature. She’ll feel calm at such place.

“There you are.” A familiar voice said.

Jay slowly opened her eyes and sees the person sitting beside her. “Krystal?”

“Wah~ this is such a nice place.” Krystal said while looking at the sky.

Suddenly, Jay realized something.

“Wait, how long have I been here? We need to go back to class.” Jay started panicked when she realized she accidentally fell asleep when taking a nap during break time.

“You don’t need to get back to class. Class is over.” Krystal said.

“WHAT? You mean I accidentally skipped half day class?!!” Jay shocked at Krystal’s words.

Krystal nodded in response.

“! My parents and sister is gonna kill me if they finds out! What to do?!!” Jay panics and pacing back and forth. Krystal laughed at her.

“What’s so funny?”

“Actually, hahahaha… there’s teacher’s meeting about clubs and societies so there were no class after break till the day ends. HAHAHAHA” Krystal continued laughing.

“heh? Then means… I’m safe? Then why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Jay asked but she just sees Krystal can’t stop laughing.

 

After that day, they became much closer… Risa and Hyuna too always stick to each other like glue and wood. The only thing hasn’t change is; the awkwardness between Hyuna and Jay.