Chapter 41

When unexpected things happens....

JAY

Krystal came back home along with Sooyoung and Jessica. Well, judging from my understanding, THAT is definitely not "FINE".

"I'll take care of her." I said and helped Krystal to the room.

"Well, since Krystal is back, we'll get going." Hyuna said and leaves with Risa in her arms.

Eunjung and Jiyeon followed Krystal and Jay to their rooms.

Jiyeon: Krystal had her memory back, let's celebrate! 

Jay: haha.. You always likes parties, huh? *laughed and ruffles Jiyeon hair*

JiyeoN: Yah! Don't mess my hair! *fixes her hair* I like parties but not all type of parties. I hate formal events like what my dad always do at home.

Krystal: *sits on her bed* Jiyeon-a. *taps the space beside her*

Jiyeon: o.O *curious but still goes and sit beside Krystal* What is it?

Krystal: What or who is Jay to you?

Jiyeon/Eunjung/Jay: *shocked* O.O

Jiyeon: Bestfriend, close friend, family.

Krystal: Is that it?

Jiyeon * nod*

Krystal: *turns to jay* Jay, who is Jiyeon to you? 

Jay: o.O Family, pet....  bestfriends. We are all bestfriends.

Krystal: *looks into Jay's eyes* 

Jay: Look, about the airport misunderstanding....

Krystal: I'm alright with it. *smiles*

Jay: *shock* What? Repeat.

Krystal: I said.. I am fine with it.

Jay: (well, that smile is real. But is she for real?)  B-but...

Krystal: I understand. If I were in that situation, I'm sure that's not all I will react. I might have argued with you in the airport for hours. But you just said a few sentences and left. It's much better than if I am the one in your place. So I am fine with it. After whatever happened through the days, that kind of misunderstanding is unavoidable.

Jay: *looks down* Mianhe.. I was---  *feels Krystal's lips on hers*

Krystal: *smile* Where did my bubbly girlfriend go?

Eunjung: Oh my god you two! We got a minor here!

Jay/Krystal: *realised they're not alone in the room.*

Jiyeon: *whines* I'm not minor. I'm legal to see this scene. 

 

______

 

Few more days and it'll be Christmas!! 

"Alright, we'll have a week break until 3rd of January alright. Just be sure to attend the first day of school in one piece." The teacher warned.

"NAe~" the students cheered happily.

After their teacher left, the students focused on the clockon the wall. 

5...

4....

3...

2....

1.....

*KRIIIING!!!!*

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!" The students cheered and slings their bags on their shoulder. Like a rampage of bulls, they ran out from class while screaming like a mad person released from jail.

 

Along with Krystal, Jay holding Krystal's hand while window shopping. While Jay was all on happy mood because festivals means party to her doesn't matter if she celebrates it or not, but as for Krystal she was gloomy after learning that Christmas is just few days away. Her head was always hung low when she walked.

Jay was literally talking to herself all the time like "Wah, this is cute~" , "Wow , we'll need this for party~" and receive no respond from Krystal.

Jay: *blocks Krystal's way* 

Krystal: *looks up* Wae?

Jay: Are you okay? You seem to be not in the mood.

Krystal: *moodless tone* I'm fine. *pushes Jay aside and continue walking*

 

 

When they reach home, from the window, they can see  Eunjung and Jiyeon is hanging decorations around the house happily.  But the only thing came from Krystal is "................" Silent. 

The moment the door opens, Krystal went up straight to her room. Sooyoung who is cradling Jessica who is napping in the living room saw it.

Sooyoung: *mouths* What's wrong with her?

Jay: *shakes her head and goes up to her room*

Sooyoung: (Krystal is acting weird today) *pats Jessica's arm slightly* Baby, wake up. Baby~~~ *after few tries finally she wakes up. Well sleeping Jessica is not easy to wake up.*

Jessica: *slowly wakes up* What is it, baby?

Sooyoung: I think there's something wrong with Krystal. She's not her 'happy-for-holiday' self. 

Jessica: *worried when she heard Sooyoung said that* it always happens during Christmas. But I thought she overcome it already.

Sooyoung: *curious* What is it?

----

 

Jay: * put her bag on the floor, seeing moody Krystal gets on her bed*

*knock knock* 

Jay: *goes and open the door* Hey *softly*

Jessica: She's moody again? *softly*

Jay: *nod* How did you know?

Jessica: *sigh* Long story. She's been like that whenever comes Christmas. 

Jay followed Jessica out.

 

 

Krystal POV

After class ends, announced a long break for Christmas and New Year. It's that time again. Christmas hasn't been nice for me ever since I was a kid. Yeah, most families would have gone shopping, partying, or even recreation in Disneyland for the holidays but as for me..... None of those ever happened with my parents. Only after my sister is old enough to leave the house and find a job, that was when Christmas seemed normal instead of fear. 

I climbed on my bed right after I entered my room. I really can't open up about Christmas Nightmares I had since I was little. ANd I would always avoid answering questions upon it even if is Jay.  I heard door knocks and Jay was whispering softly. It sounded like Jessica. And then Jay followed her went out. Guess Jay will know about the Christmas Nightmare I've always had because I got a feeling, Jessica will tell her about it as she knows is impossible for me to talk about it. 

I get off my bed. And hid near the stairs eavesdropping. I cried silently when flashbacks begun to play when Jessica unni tells the story. Is as if she is narrating the past in my head.

 

 

 

Jessica POV

Sica: I guess I have to tell you. My sister can't seem to get over the Christmas Nightmare.

Jay: Christmas Nightmare?

Sica: When we was little, Christmas wasn't a great thing for us. Our parents would come home once in a while to get money from each other. But they'd never miss coming home for Christmas. It's been a few times ever since Krystal was 3, our parents would ask us to sell matches on the cold street. *SOB* And each year, Krystal would get beaten terribly for not reaching the quota they set. Even in blizzard storm, or snow tornado whatever. We have to be selling matches everyday. And the money, we can't use to buy food as we don't know when they will come back to ask for it. So from then onwards, whenever is near christmas, Krystal will be like what you see today.

Jay: *at first was shocked but suddenly turned furious and grabbed Sooyoung's collar*

Sooyoung: Wowowow.. What're you doing?

Jay: WHy didn't you stop Krystal from going in that memory pod? Now see what you've done. *raised a fist with right hand while left hand still grab Sooyoung's collar.

 

 

 

JAY POV

Suddenly after the shocking story I turned furious to Sooyoung and grabbed her collar and was bout to launch a punch until I heard my grilfriend's voice asking me to stop.

"Krystal ah."

I saw her crying and coming towards me.

Krystal: Even though I wish I hadn't remember this situation, *sob*

Jay: *wipes her tears and hug her* ShhH~ I will replace that memory with happy ones. With us, Jiyeon, Risa and everyone. With so many of us with you for Christmas, I know we can replace that Nightmare of yours.

Krystal: *hug Jay and nod* 

Jessica: *smiling, but tears still flows* Jay, I hope you can help her overcome this. I want my Baby Jung be her 'happy-for-holiday' self again including for CHristmas.

Sooyoung: Little Jay has grown up! aigoo~ *ruffles Jay's hair*

Jay: Do you regret going in the memory pod?

Krystal: *shakes head*

Jay: O.O Why not? You get you bad memory. You can have a happy Christmas this year if you hadn't went in there and remember.

Krystal: If that's the case, I might be taking the Christmas party for granted and thought it's boring. You once said to me "If you know sadness, you'll feel happiness when it happens or else you'll not really know how it feels like to be happy." I'm taking that advice. *somehow feels like a boulder on her shoulder is lifted off. Her heart felt no more burden*