Chapter Six: Youngmi's Search

[HIATUS] UnBreakable

Youngmi walked to the nearest bus stop after waving goodbye to Jungmi. While waiting for the bus that would take her to the market, she clutched the folder as if her life depended on it. She still hadn't studied its contents and somehow, she had a feeling that she wouldn't like what she found since Jongup's profile was in the folder. Just thinking about it made her heart thump unevenly.

She sat on the lonely bench at the bus stop and flipped open the flap of the folder. She stared at the first male, whose name was Bang Yongguk. She found his gummy smile and manly demeanor very attractive, despite her long-time crush on Jongup. Taking a glance at Yongguk's profile, she gasped when she saw his age. He was a good five years and some months older than her! Youngmi gulped. Might as well call him, "Ahjussi," instead of, "Oppa..."

She moved onto Himchan, of whom she found handsome, from his piercing stare to his pink, pouty lips. She laughed when the profile mentioned that he was considered the "dumb one" in B.A.P. She could probably understand, especially when he was 22 years old and attempting aegyo in the profile photo. She stifled another giggle building in her abdomen and moved on to the next person.

Daehyun was another strikingly attractive male. But, her smile fell at the mention of him wearing a mask. She didn't like anyone who hid their faces. And she didn't like quiet people. She could tolerate Jungmi's seriousness, but that sort of trait in a guy didn't attract her. She immediately flipped his profile over and moved on.

A smile formed on Youngmi's lips when she looked at Youngjae's picture. He was confident in his pose and he had a right to be, mostly because he was devilishly handsome. However, just like Daehyun, her smile dropped while reading Youngjae's profile. He was considered the "Brain" of the group. Not to mention, he seemed to have the same personality as Jungmi, and this thought literally made her shudder. Though Youngmi loved her sister, Jungmi had a killer personality that could really KILL.

Her heart squeezed uncomfortably when she saw who was next. She was hoping that her sister was mistaken and that Jongup wasn't a part of the list. However, her sister was correct, like she always was. Jongup's all-too-familiar smile shined brightly and his perfect hands formed a heart, which she desperately wished was for her. He was effortlessly adorable, from his eye smile to his impeccable sense of style. When she read his profile, she was surprised at what she found. He has a "dark side?" And he's afraid of large bodies of water? I didn't know that... Before I get too attached to his picture and profile, I should move on to the next person.  

Zelo was, in one word, CUTE. Youngmi's lips instantly curved up when she saw his innocent twinkling eyes and curly ramen hair. He looked too young to be only a year younger than her. She thought that it wouldn't be too hard to find him, especially with that mask around his neck. Smiling once more at his adorable cherubic face, she closed the folder and waited patiently for the bus to arrive.

When it arrived a few minutes later, she got on and moved towards the back, opposite of a blond male. She sat down and glanced at his sleeping form. He had his head rested against the frosted glass and his breathing created steam on it. He had black earrings on both earlobes and his hair was perfectly spiked. He wore a black and red winter jacket with a fur-lined hood over a black and red Ed Hardy t-shirt. His black jeans were ripped and worn and he wore combat boots. Beats Audio earphones hung from his ears, playing very loud rap music. Just his appearance alone screamed, "Gangster!!!"

Youngmi shuddered and leaned back in her seat. Out of all types of boys, she hated gangsters the most.

The bus suddenly became rickety as it drove over a rocky road. The constant shaking caused the male's head to bounce against the glass, instantly waking him up. He opened his eyes and let out a sharp exhale.

"Aish," he said in a gruff voice. Youngmi flinched. His voice was low and frightening. Like an undertaker. "Can't I get some sleep around here?" He glanced sideways at Youngmi, who was avoiding his gaze as much as possible.

He smiled widely at how pretty she was. Hey, she's kinda pretty...

Youngmi cringed. Just my luck! Why is this gangster smiling at me? I can see his gummy smile from the corners of my eyes, FOUR SEATS away from him! Hang on... Gummy smile...?

Youngmi turned her head to face him, just to make sure that he was who she thought he was. Sure enough, her suspicions were confirmed, for it was Yongguk who sat at the opposite end from her, a mere four empty seats away. How am I supposed to approach him? He looks like a gangster, which is the type of person that I despise the most... How can he be so attractive in person? Especially when he looks like a gangster to me?

"Hi, there. Did I startle you? You look like you've seen a ghost," Yongguk said in a kind voice. Though he wanted to scoot in closer, he had a feeling that the pretty girl was afraid of him.

"N-no... Or, maybe you did. Your clothes..." Youngmi's sentence trailed away. She took a glance at his attire again and frowned slightly. His sense of style is really NOT my type.

"Oh," Yongguk chuckled, his deep voice rumbling like thunder. "I'm sorry. I don't mean anything by my appearance. These are the only clean clothes I have at the moment. Today is laundry day."

Youngmi giggled nervously. Yongguk's kind voice was very soothing, but she was still afraid to approach him. She bit her bottom lip, contemplating the perfect way to bring up the subject of B.A.P.

"Where are you heading?" Yongguk asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"To the market. You?"

"Wow, what a coincidence! I'm heading there myself. I have to get groceries for the week."

A brilliant idea came to Youngmi. Well, she THOUGHT that it was a brilliant idea. And she could only hope that Jungmi would have the same storyline.

"Is it okay if I joined you? Even though I grew up here, it's been a few years since I've been here last, so I don't know if anything has changed since then..."

Youngmi had her puppy eyes at the ready, just in case. If she could get through the supposed 'leader' of B.A.P., it shouldn't be too hard to get the approval of the other members. Hopefully...

"Sure! I think some restaurants closed down and have been replaced during the past few years. But, I wouldn't mind showing you around. I'm Bang Yongguk, by the way. What is your name?" Yongguk gave her a heart-stopping smile.

"My name is Shim Youngmi. It's nice to meet you." She held out her hand to shake his. Yongguk's smile widened at this. This girl is pretty AND she has manners? Amazing.

They shook hands. Yongguk was surprised at how easily Youngmi's dainty hand slipped into his. They were soft and womanly, almost as though he was holding a princess' hand.

"You have very pretty hands," he stated, startling her once more. She flushed red from his comment and jerked her hand out of his.

"Th-thank you," Youngmi replied distractedly. The bus stopped at their stop. "Oh, we're here."

After getting off of the bus, the two of them stood awkwardly next to each other. Youngmi fiddled with the edges of the folder while Yongguk stuffed his exposed hands into the pockets of his jeans. They were both thinking the same thing:

This is awkward...

~:~:~:~:~

Jongup and Zelo were already at the busy marketplace, waiting for Yongguk in the market square next to the fountain, where the bus stop was visible to them. Zelo played in the snow, making mini-snowmen. He wore a black puffy winter jacket with a fur-lined baby blue hood, looking oddly like an overgrown kindergartner. Several girls his age passed by and gawked at how cute he was. In turn, he smiled up at them. Jongup, who wore an identical jacket, save for a lime green hood, casually leaned against the stone fountain and stared at the empty bus stop. He let out a steamy sigh.

When will Yongguk-hyung come? Why is the bus taking so long to arrive?

"Zelo-ah, annyoung!" giggled a brave girl. He smiled at her from the ground and waved, powdery snow flying from his fingers.

"Hi, Noona!"

The girl flushed red, gave him a quick wave, and disappeared into the crowd.

"You have to stop doing that, Zelo. What do you think Yongguk-hyung would think if he saw you playing in the snow and waving at noonas?" Jongup asked with a roll of his eyes. Zelo smiled confidently at him.

"He would be proud of me, of course."

"Maybe Himchan-hyung would be proud of you, but not Yongguk-hyung. I DOUBT he would be proud that the youngest, the one he practically RAISED by himself, is acting like a fool." Though his words were sarcastic, Jongup's heart warmed at the maknae's playful banter. Since going to the cemetery yesterday, Jongup's mood was considerably lower as compared to the previous winter holidays. Watching Zelo play practically made his day brighter.

Zelo blew a raspberry at him. "You're just jealous because you can't make other girls smile at you anymore. Since you have a girlfriend now, you must think that me and the hyungs are fools, right?"

This statement caught Jongup off-guard, especially since he had forgotten that B.A.P., except for Daehyun-hyung, thought that he now had a girlfriend.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Zelo. She didn't accept the flowers," Jongup fibbed uneasily.

"Really, Hyung? That's hard to believe." Zelo eyed him for a little, shrugged his shoulders, and went back to playing with the snow.

The feeling of gloom settled back onto Jongup as he looked back towards the bus stop. A red bus arrived, releasing several people. Jongup quickly checked his phone. It was 9:45, which was around the time for Yongguk to arrive.

"Yah, Zelo, let's start walking towards the bus stop. Yongguk-hyung should be getting off of this bus." Jongup lifted Zelo by his hood and the two maknaes made their way toward the bus stop, not expecting who they were going to find once they reached there.

~:~:~:~:~

Youngmi continued to fiddle with the corners and edges of the folder. Standing next to the leader of B.A.P. was nerve-wracking. Not only because he was good-looking, but because he was just as awkward as her.

What should I do? The entrance to the market is only a few yards away... Why are we standing here like idiots? Just because he said that I have pretty hands, it shouldn't mean that he's attracted to me, right? I should just treat him like someone I just met, rather than a part of my mission.

Before she could say a word, Yongguk cleared his throat. "So, Youngmi... Shall we get going to the market, or are we going to become human popsicles?"

Just as Youngmi was about to answer, two figures jumped onto Yongguk's back and seemingly tried to suffocate him. One had a had a black winter jacket with a fur-lined blue hood and the other the same jacket with a green hood. Bewildered, Youngmi could only stand there and stare at the three wrestling males.

"Yah, J--!" Yongguk yelled as soon as detangled from the two youngsters, but was instantly silenced by a snowball to the face.

"Haha, take that, Hyung! Oof--" exclaimed the blue-hooded male as Yongguk slammed a snowball in his face.

"Yah, Hyung! Don't do that to the maknae!" said the green-hooded male whimsically. He grinned jovially and tackled Yongguk to the floor. Youngmi did a double take and gasped. That grin was oddly familiar. Jongup...?

Wanting to escape being seen by Jongup, Youngmi quickly made her way towards the marketplace entrance. She was immediately halted when a snowball bashed her in the back of her head. She flew forward, almost as if in slow motion, and landed face first into the snow. She could only see stars as she laid there with her face planted in the snow. The folder, thankfully, didn't open from this small accident.

"YAH!!!" Yongguk roared. He had seen Zelo throw the snowball, but he didn't expect it to smack Youngmi in the back of her head. Seeing this, Yongguk facepalmed himself. Zelo, you are such an IDIOT!

He yanked Zelo and Jongup, who had begun to fight with each other, and pulled them apart. He shot them glares, making both of them flinch. "You imbeciles, LOOK at what you did!"

Yongguk pointed angrily at Youngmi. She was still lying there, face smashed into the snow, the remains of the snowball clinging to her dark hair. The two boys gasped and rushed to her side.

"Oh, my gosh!!! I'm so sorry, miss! I didn't mean--" Zelo sputtered worriedly.

"I'm so sorry, Agasshi. I hope that you're okay..." Jongup stated, concerned about her welfare.

When they turned her over, she shot up while gasping for air, spraying snow everywhere. Zelo stumbled backwards from her sudden action and Jongup hastily avoided the snow she sprayed. She spat snow out of and coughed.

"What just happened?" Youngmi asked to no one in particular. Zelo and Jongup were too busy brushing the snow off her clothes and hair. Yongguk pulled her up and answered her question.

"I'm so sorry. These two idiots were waiting for me at the market. Forgive me for not raising them well. Let me introduce you to Zelo and Jongup." Youngmi widened her eyes at the mention of Jongup's name. She felt like crying. So, it's true... I can't believe it!

"O-okay..." Youngmi closed her eyes to prepare herself to see Jongup. PLEASE don't let it be him!!!

"Youngmi? This is Jongup."

She opened her eyes and her heart stopped. Jongup stood in front of her, thumbs awkwardly jabbed into his pockets and smiling his adorable crooked smile. His hair was a little ruffled and snow clung to his hair like ice. He was gazing at her with an expectant look. He then stuck out his hand, making Youngmi's heart palpitate.

"Hi, I'm Moon Jongup." Youngmi gulped. This is the first time he's speaking to me! Eotteokke? EOTTEOKKE???

"H-hi... I'm Sh-Shim Youngmi. N-nice to meet you," Youngmi mumbled. She was blushing furiously. Since it was winter, she didn't have to worry about being embarassed. She shook his hand and her heart fluttered at the touch. Even though he was playing in the cold, his hands are very warm...

Jongup smiled warmly at her. He didn't know whether she was stuttering because of the cold or because she thought he was handsome. Whatever it was, he couldn't help, but smirk inwardly. Take THAT, Zelo! You thought that I couldn't attract girls just because I pretended to have a girlfriend. Meh-rong~!

"It's nice to meet you, too, Youngmi." He let go of her hand and took a step backward. He was still smiling at her. Is this real? Is he REALLY smiling at me?

"And this ramen-head is Zelo." Yongguk's voice snapped her out of her daze. She glanced at the adorable maknae in front of her and smiled. He stood in front of her, rubbing the back of his neck, and a nervous smile tugging at his lips.

"Hi." Zelo's confidence disappeared when he saw how beautiful the girl he threw the snowball at was. He suddenly felt guilty for doing something so horrible.

"What's wrong, Zelo? Why can't you greet her properly?" Yongguk asked him, obviously baffled by the maknae's lack of confidence. He thumped his back, causing him to jump a mile high in the air. Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows. What is his problem?

"Hi, Zelo. I'm Youngmi," Youngmi said cheerfully, sticking her hand out. He grasped her hand, shook it a little, and quickly released it, as if it was a snake. He failed to meet her eyes and was clearly nervous.

"I'm sorry for throwing the snowball at you. I didn't mean to..." He was on the verge of tears. Youngmi smiled softly at this. His aegyo was just too cute and natural.

"Don't worry about it. What matters is that I'm alright now." Youngmi touched his shoulder to reassure him. Zelo flinched from her touch.

"O-okay..."

"Shall we get to the market now? We're going to freeze to death out here!" Yongguk suggested. Without another word, he led the way to the market square. Zelo took a glance at Youngmi, then scampered after Yongguk like a puppy.

Jongup lagged behind with Youngmi, who was having trouble moving through the thickened snow. This girl is interesting. First, she looks at me as if I'm a ghost and now, she can't walk through snow. Sighing, he grasped her free wrist, while her other hand clutched onto the folder, and towed her behind him. Surprised by this sudden action, a small sound escaped her lips, which Jongup mistook as thanking him.

"You don't have to thank me. What kind of girl are you? Are you usually this weak?" Jongup asked, meaning to be playful. This comment struck Youngmi hard. Though she was used to hearing these words from her serious sister, it hurt her to hear this from her crush. She exhaled sharply and jerked her wrist out of his grip.

"I wasn't thanking you. I didn't ask for your help, either. I appreciate your concern, but you don't have to be." With that, she stomped away, leaving him confused behind her.

Jongup stared at her leaving form. What just happened? I was just joking... He shrugged his shoulders and followed her.

"So, where do you need to go, Youngmi?" Yongguk asked her when she caught up to him and Zelo. Zelo, who was with her on the same side of Yongguk, hastily switched to the other side of him. Youngmi didn't notice this. She just answered Yongguk's question.

"I just need to get a bag and some food for my sister and myself. And ask some ahjummas about where I can spend the night." She continued to walk without noticing that Yongguk and the other two stopped walking. After taking a few steps, Youngmi was finally aware that Yongguk was no longer by her side.

"You have nowhere to spend the night?" Yongguk asked slowly. Youngmi walked back to where the three of them stood.

"Yes, my sister and I don't have anywhere to spend the night. Why do you ask?"

Yongguk took a glance at Jongup and Zelo. He seemed to be contemplating something. They both knew what he was thinking about and were silently objecting against his thoughts.

Zelo seemed to plead his eldest hyung with puppy eyes. DON'T, Hyung! Don't do it! She already hates me for throwing the snowball at her! I know that you have a soft spot for girls, but I'm serious! Please!

Jongup stared at Yongguk. Are you crazy, Hyung? You can't be thinking of allowing her to stay for the night, are you? Can't you see how awkward it is between me and her? And it would be even more awkward if there's TWO girls staying with the SIX of us!

Yongguk paid no mind to them and told Youngmi the one thing the two maknaes feared would happen. "You and your sister may stay with us. It's too cold to look for a place to stay and we have a free room available."

Youngmi did a double take at the word, "us." "'Us?' What do you mean?"

"I live with five other boys, but I would think that they know well enough NOT to disrespect women." Yongguk said while staring pointedly at Zelo and Jongup. They quickly looked away and pretended that they weren't listening.

Zelo was silently cursing. Jongup rolled his eyes. They were both thinking the same thing. WHY, HYUNG???

"You live with five boys?" Youngmi asked absentmindedly. Her mind was reeling. Does B.A.P. live together? This is crazy!

"Yes... These two idiots and three others whose names are Himchan, Daehyun, and Youngjae. Why? Is there a problem?"

"No! Not at all! As long as you're willing to lend the space to us. We can even pay you--" Youngmi paused. She had forgotten that she had no money, only her T-Money card to pay for transportation. Jungmi had all the money and it wasn't even enough for a night in a jimjjilbang (a spa/sauna where people can spend the night), or a motel. There was only enough for food.

"There's no need. You will only be spending one night, right?" Yongguk asked.

"Yes. Just one night." Youngmi couldn't believe her luck. The leader actually allowed them to stay for one night.

"Why don't you have luggage or anything?" Jongup inquired. Though he and Youngmi had an awkward start, he figured that being nice would be best, especially when Yongguk-hyung was being hospitable.

"My sister and I lost our luggage after flying here from the States," Youngmi answered, hoping and praying that Jungmi's story was the same. "We used to live here, but it's been a very long time since we were here last."

"That's it. You're staying with us. Let your sister know." Yongguk said, resolved in his decision.

"I'm sorry, I have no way of communicating with her. But, we were supposed to meet at the bus stop across from the park in two hours. We were supposed to look for places to stay." Youngmi said while sagging her shoulders. She didn't think about the entire situation with Jungmi. It was true that she didn't have any luggage, clothes, or ways of communicating with her. She could only hope that Jungmi found the other boys before meeting in three hours.

"Well, you don't have to worry. We will accommodate you in any way we can. RIGHT?" Yongguk said loudly. Jongup and Zelo jumped at his loud tone.

"Yes, Hyung..." They both answered feebly. They glanced at each other, clearly uneasy about the situation.

"So, first things first. Let's go get those groceries and then I'll call Himchan--"

At that moment, his phone rang in his pocket. He checked it and a surprised expression flitted across his face. "What a coincidence. It's Himchan." He touched 'answer' and walked away to talk on the phone.

Youngmi stood uncomfortably between Jongup and Zelo while Yongguk spoke on the phone.

~:~:~:~:~

"What do you want, Himchan? I'm in the middle of something," answered Yongguk, disgruntled by the call.

"What's with your voice?"

"Come on, I don't have the time--"

"Never mind. I have to ask you a quick question--" Himchan began, but Yongguk interrupted.

"I don't have the time to talk to you, Himchan. Make it quick."

"Okay, FINE! I met a girl today--"

"WOW, this is new. The girl yesterday wasn't enough?" Yongguk hissed sarcastically.

"Will you let me finish, you rude b**tard? Aish! I was wondering if this girl could stay at our house tonight."

"You aren't funny, Himchan, hang up. Why would I let a girl you just met stay at our house for the night?" Yongguk half-joked.

"YAH!!! GUKKIE-AH! It's not the time to joke around!"

"That's MY line, fool--" Yongguk began, but what Himchan said next made him think hard.

"I asked you a question! There will be two--"

"Wait... Did you say two? Two girls?"

"What?"

"Are you saying TWO girls?"

"Oh, I thought you said--"

"Because I met a girl, too."

"Oh, you happened to meet a girl, too? She also said...?" Himchan asked slowly, as though trying to make sense of the situation.

"She mentioned that she and her sister needed a place to stay for the night."

"Oh, really? What's her name?"

"Youngmi. Shim Youngmi."

"Shim Youngmi?"

"Yes. Apparently her and her sister have nothing on them right now. No money or luggage."

"So, you'll let them stay for the night? Wah, this is daebak!"

"Why? Are you with her sister right now?" Yongguk asked, dumbfounded at the situation.

"Yep."

"That's... Wow."

"YES."

"I am with her sister, Jongup, and Zelo right now. We will meet you at the convenience store across from the park in two hours. Understand?"

"I understand."

"And let her sister and the others know about the situation."

"Yeah, I'll let them know. Alright, bye."

With that, Himchan hung up, leaving Yongguk very confused about the situation.

~:~:~:~:~

Yongguk came back to the three of them, looking very dazed. Youngmi noticed this.

"What happened?"

"I just spoke on the phone with Himchan. And he said something very strange."

Jongup's ears perked up. He knew that Himchan-hyung was a weird person in general, but it wasn't like Yongguk-hyung to find whatever Himchan-hyung said weird. "What did he say?"

"He said that he met a girl. I'm assuming that it's your sister, Youngmi, because she has the exact same story as you."

Youngmi breathed a sigh of relief. Of course, Jungmi would've found the other members before her. That's why God had trusted her with the mission. Before Yongguk could catch her pause, she replied to his unasked question. "It must be my sister, then."

"What's her name?"

"Shim Jungmi. Did he mention where they were?"

"No, but we will meet them at the convenience store across the park in two hours."

Zelo stared quizzically at Yongguk. "Them?" Yongguk turned to face the maknae and chuckled at his cute expression.

"Himchan is with Daehyun, Youngjae, and Youngmi's sister. Let's get our grocery shopping done and meet them."

While the four of them were shopping for groceries enough for an entire week, Youngmi couldn't help, but think about how fortunate she and her sister were to have found the boys quickly. Lord, thank you for letting us find them quickly. The quicker we get to know them personally, the quicker we can finish the mission, right?

The Lord answered her question immediately. Of course.

 

*****Hey, all! i'm sorry for the long wait! Let's just say that you are all angry with me for such a LONG wait... :( I'm sorry for disappointing all of you. I hope that you all like this update! I know that it's a LONG update, but it was for all my wonderful readers! ^^ Please read, subscribe, and comment! Constructive criticism is also welcome! Thank you! :)*****