Chapter Three: B.A.P.

[HIATUS] UnBreakable

"Get back here, you little bastard!" growled Himchan as he chased a scared Zelo around the sofa in the living room. Youngjae took one look at them and sighed.

It was around midday on a Saturday and B.A.P. were all home for the holidays. Christmas already past a day ago, but everyone in the B.A.P. household was still in a festive mood. Especially Himchan and Zelo.

"You've got to be joking me..." Youngjae mumbled. Jongup sat down next to him and brightly smiled.

"Hey, Youngjae-hyung. I need to ask you for a favor--"

"No, Jongup. No favors. Hyung is tired, alright? Ask me tomorrow."

"PLEASE? It won't take too long."

"I said NO."

"Just give him what he wants, Youngjae. What's the matter with you?" Yongguk's husky voice demanded as he plopped down on the other side of Youngjae and swung an arm around him. Youngjae frowned.

"I'm stressed with school, Hyung. I think I deserve a break from all this," Youngjae said wearily.

"Yes, our scholar is stressed with school. Whoop-de-doo..." joked Yongguk with his famous gummy grin. He rubbed his dongsaeng's head affectionately. The latter scrunched his nose in mock distaste.

Daehyun, who sat on a corner of the kitchen counter, silently watched the trio with amused eyes. A black mask hid the lower half of his face, showing only his eyes and parts of his cheeks. He took a handful of chips from a bowl on the counter and slipped off one side of his mask to eat. While he chomped on the morsels, he kept his eyes wide open in case anyone was watching him eat. No one watched him.

There came a crash as Himchan finally captured Zelo and smashed into the antique vase on the left side of the room. Yongguk stood up abruptly and jabbed a finger accusingly at them.

"YAH!!! You two! Watch what you're doing! Jongup's mother gave that to me!" They didn't pay attention to him as they wrestled on the floor, Himchan having the upper hand. He held Zelo in a headlock.

"What did I tell you? NEVER touch my janggu without my permission again, or I'll break you in half, got it?" Himchan spat viciously at Zelo, who was turning purple from the lack of oxygen.

"Hyung~ I didn't mean to! I swear!" gasped the maknae. "Let me go! Please!"

After he was certain that Zelo was truly sorry for his mistake, Himchan released him. Zelo took in large gulps of air as he tried to stabilize his breathing. Himchan stood up and brushed himself off. He looked down at the maknae and instantly felt remorse for putting his dongsaeng in a headlock. There were actual tears in the maknae's eyes because the headlock nearly suffocated him.

"Aish, you rascal. You could've just asked before taking it into your room to play with it. You made me chase after you for nothing!" He mumbled while extending his hand to Zelo. Zelo eyed his hand for a moment, then took it. Himchan pulled him upward and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, alright? Just don't do it again."

Zelo nodded. "I understand, Hyung..."

"Zelo, don't you have homework to do?" Yongguk asked the maknae. Zelo immediately whipped his head up and attempted to give Yongguk puppy eyes.

"Well, did you do it?"

"No..." Zelo pouted. Yongguk remained unfazed by his aegyo.

"Go up to your room and do it NOW. You are not coming out until you finish it. If you don't, I won't allow you to come to the club tonight," Yongguk threatened. Zelo harrumphed loudly and began his short journey to his and Jongup's room, which was at the top of the stairs on the second floor. Yongguk's eyes followed him up the stairs, then rolled when Zelo slammed the door.

"Aish, this kid..."

Jongup rushed up to Yongguk and tapped him on the shoulder. Yongguk flinched from his touch and frowned.

"What do you want, Jongup?" Yongguk asked in a gruff voice. Jongup smiled widely.

"Hyung, could you do me a favor? It's not even a big favor. Just a tiny one--"

"Just cut to the important part, Jongup."

"Alright. Could you lend me 50,000 won?"

Yongguk did a double take. Jongup was smiling innocently up at him, but Yongguk knew better than to fall for his too-innocent smile.

"F-Fifty thousand won? Are you c-crazy?" Yongguk stuttered, clearly flustered by his dongsaeng's ridiculous request. Jongup continued to smile at his hyung.

"I know that it's a lot, but..."

"That's like a full day's worth of work! That money could buy two nights worth of dinner for the six of us! What are you going to do with it, Jongup?" Yongguk ranted furiously.

"I just... I need to buy things..." Jongup lowered his voice to a whisper. Yongguk glared at him with piercing eyes.

"Buy things? For what?"

"This is embarassing, but there's a girl I want to impress--"

"There's a girl you want to impress?! Why didn't you say so?" Himchan suddenly appeared, grinning slyly like a fox. He slung an arm around Jongup's shoulders.

"Why do you need to impress a girl? Shouldn't your cheetos arms be enough?" scoffed Youngjae, who had gotten up from the dinner table to join Jongup and the hyungs in the living room. Jongup shrugged his shoulders and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't think she likes my arms..."

"Nonsense! Of course she does! She just acts like she doesn't! Girls always act like that!" Himchan laughed while swiping a hand at Jongup's forearms. Jongup frowned. He couldn't understand why Himchan always acted that way whenever he mentioned his interest in a girl. The girls always ended up liking someone else, either one of his hyungs or Zelo.

"Arasso, I'll give you money. Did you want to get her a New Year's gift or something?" Yongguk asked with a sigh. He knew Jongup's predicament with girls better than anyone else.  He pulled out his wallet and took out a crisp 50,000 won bill. Jongup immediately brightened up at the sight of the bill and bowed while taking the bill from Yongguk's reluctant hands.

"Thank you, Hyung! I promise to use it wisely!" With that, he was out the door in a heartbeat.

His hyungs stared after him, completely dumbfounded at his supposed happiness about getting something for a girl he admired. Daehyun, however, sensed something else entirely. He surreptitiously looked out the window and noticed him walking into the flower shop across the street. Minutes later, he came out with a decent-sized bouquet and walked in the direction of the cemetery.

I knew it, Daehyun thought. He glanced at the others. They weren't paying attention to him, nor Jongup. Instead, they began speaking animately amongst each other about Jongup's sudden interest in a girl.

While they were distracted with this, he slipped out the door and followed Jongup.

~:~:~:~:~

"Zelo-ah, I'm going to the club!" Yongguk shouted up towards Zelo's room. The sun had already set, signifying that Zelo had been in his room for more than five hours. "Come out now if you want a ride!"

Youngjae looked up from the book he was reading, titled 'Phoenix Tears.' "Why are you calling for him, Hyung? I saw him go out two hours ago."

"What?! He was supposed to be doing his homework!" Yongguk said furiously.

"He said that he needed fresh air--"

"Are you kidding me? This kid! When will he ever follow my orders?"

Just as he said those words, Zelo entered through the front door with his large overcoat and bright red scarf. He was rubbing is un-gloved hands together to warm them up. Yongguk's eyes almost bugged out. Not from the outfit or his actions, but from the many emotions he was feeling at that moment.

"YAH!!! WHERE DID YOU GO???" Yongguk bellowed at Zelo when he walked past. Zelo turned around in surprise.

"H-hyung--"

"Do you know how WORRIED I was right now?!"

"Hyung, don't get mad, I was--"

"Forget it! You aren't coming to the club with me tonight! And no allowance this week!" Zelo tried to protest, but Yongguk huffed and turned to go. However, before he could take a step, Youngjae spoke up without looking up from his book.

"He finished his homework, Hyung. He even asked me to help him."

Yongguk whirled around to face the two of them, his expression unfathomable.

"Are you sure? Are you sure that he did it?"

Youngjae sighed and dog-eared the page he was on. "Yes, hyung. Do I look like a fool to you?"

"I... no."

"I made sure that he finished his homework, even though he had only ten questions to answer and took almost an entire hour on one question," said Youngjae as he shot a glare towards Zelo. Zelo rubbed the back of his neck in embarassment.

"I'm sorry, Hyungs. I promise to do better in my homework, Youngjae-hyung. And I'm sorry for leaving my room, Yongguk-hyung..."

"No problem. Just don't forget what I taught you today," Youngjae said flippantly with a flick of his hand. He opened his book and went back to reading his novel.

"Alright... I forgive you. But, don't EVER go against my orders again. Understand?"

"Yes, Hyung..."

"Now, go change. I'm about to go to the club. Ppali, ppali!"

Within ten minutes, Zelo was ready to leave in his 'club-wear,' cowl neck scarf, and cap.

    

Youngjae took one look at his attire and burst out into laughter.

"What the heck is that thing around your neck?" Youngjae managed to gasp out after taking in a few deep breaths. Zelo and Yongguk, who stood beside the front door, frowned at Youngjae simultaneously.

"I think it looks cool," stated Zelo with a pout.

"Don't , Youngjae. As I recall, you look pretty ridiculous in a bow tie," Yongguk said with a smile. Youngjae's grin deflated as he remembered his embarassing encounter with a pretty girl while he was wearing a bow tie. He flushed pink, cleared his throat loudly, and went back to his book.

(*Author's Note: Just to let you know, I think that Zelo looks adorable in his neck cowl thingy. And Youngjae can actually pull off the bow tie look, unlike some people. I'm just throwing those in because I can imagine the boys joking about these things with each other. Don't kill me if you feel offended, dear readers!)

"Yeah, go back to your book, Hyung!" Zelo stuck out his tongue and rushed out the front door before Youngjae could catch him.

"Aish..." Youngjae cursed under his breath.

"None of that language under my house, Youngjae," scolded Yongguk. "Zelo and I will be back by tomorrow morning. Where are the others?"

"Himchan-hyung is in his room. Daehyun is... actually, I never know where he is. And Jongup is still out," Youngjae answered. That's strange. Jongup is usually home by now... Is he really trying to impress a girl?

"Hm... Okay. Let everyone know that Zelo and I are at the club." Yongguk gave Youngjae another affectionate head rub and left.

Himchan came bounding down the stairs right when Yongguk's car sped off towards TSENT Night Club. He skipped towards the refridgerator to pour himself a glass of water. He was dressed in a loose gray hoodie and black sweats and was perspiring from head to toe. This gave Youngjae a reason to burst into laughter again.

"What?" Himchan spun around, revealing his sweat-drenched chest, which made Youngjae roll on the floor with laughter. Himchan's eyebrows furrowed together. "What is it?"

"You--you look-- RIDICULOUS! What were you doing? Working out for five hours straight?"

"No! Just two hours. Why?" Himchan asked, unfazed by Youngjae's never-ceasing laughter. He took a long sip of water.

"And you produce that much sweat from two hours of working out? And I thought that Jongup was the workout fanatic!" Youngjae wiped the tears that dripped down his cheeks from laughing too much. Himchan shrugged, unaware that Youngjae was making fun of him.

"Whatever. I'm gonna change and go to the club. Later." He downed the glass and placed it in the sink before going back to his and Yongguk's room.

As soon as he went into the room, Youngjae picked up his book and was about to open it, but flung it down again when Jongup and Daehyun burst through the door.

"About time you guys got home! Where were you guys for five hours?"

Jongup didn't answer. In fact, he didn't want to answer. Only Daehyun knew about where he went because he was with him the entire time. He smiled weakly at Youngjae before climbing the stairs to his and Zelo's room.

Just those actions alone piqued Youngjae's curiosity as well as confused him. His eyes followed Jongup up the stairs and into the room. He turned to Daehyun, questions burning in his mind.

"Why--?"

"Don't ask, Youngjae," Daehyun muffled from behind his face mask. He casually picked up Youngjae's book and placed it neatly on the living room sofa's armrest.

"Just tell me where you guys have been," Youngjae said with his arms folded. Daehyun stared at him for almost 30 seconds, making him feel fidgety.

"When he's ready to tell you all, he will." Before he made his way to his and Youngjae's room, he patted the other's shoulder. Youngjae was speechless for a few minutes before sitting back down on the sofa.

"I don't understand... Am I the only normal one here?" He whispered to himself before picking up the book again to read it.

 

*****Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry for this late update... Enjoy! Please leave a subscribe and leave a comment on the bottom! Constructive criticism is also welcome! Thank you, I appreciate it! :)*****