Chapter Four: Arriving Back on Earth

[HIATUS] UnBreakable

That night, Jungmi scrutinized the contents of her folder. She glanced at her sister's sleeping form. She knew that from her deep breathing, Youngmi wouldn't be waking up for a while. Jungmi sighed. Okay, here we go... Mission number one.

She flipped open the top flap and stared at the first profile.

Bang Yongguk, 22, Blood Type O

Birthday: March 31, 1990 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

Eldest in B.A.P., works in a night club that is funded by TS Entertainment in Seoul. He left college in order to take care of the other members in the gang. Has a temper, but is kind to women. Loves rapping, composing, and producing. Is like a father.

She studied his photo, hoping to find anything distinctive about him. Other than his large, gummy smile, there wasn't anything significant about him. He had what most Asians had: small eyes, button nose, and side-swept hair. After a few more minutes of memorizing his facial features, she moved on to the next one.

Kim Himchan, 22, Blood Type O

Birthday: April 19, 1990 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

The second eldest in B.A.P., senior year in college, majoring in Traditional Korean Music. Known to be an "Instrumental Ulzzang." Loves skinship and aegyo. Loves women who have motherly qualities. Is considered the "dumb one" of B.A.P.

Jungmi took a look at Himchan's photo. She found him to be quite handsome. Himchan had short, cropped hair and lively, dark-colored eyes that portrayed him as a youthful individual. His skin was flawless and his face was overall like that of an ulzzang. However, when her eyes landed on his lips, her cheeks flushed red. His lips were puckered into a pout, an obvious sign that he was doing aegyo. She swallowed hard, knowing that this would make it harder for her to focus on the mission. She quickly moved on.

Jung Daehyun, 19, Blood Type A

Birthday: June 18, 1993 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

The last of the Hyung line in B.A.P., sophomore in college, majoring in Theater and Dance. Wears a black mask on the lower half of his face. Very quiet. Speaks only when necessary. Very sensitive, but hostile towards strangers. Loves to sing. Is nicknamed "Busan's Won Bin."

Jungmi glanced at his picture again. She was truly mesmerized by his smile. To think that she would have to find him, especially when he had a mask on, made her mission nearly impossible to endure. She was sure, though, that she had seen him before. Even if it was briefly, she was sure and determined. There was no one who looked like him. He had toffee-colored hair, deep eyes, and a gorgeous smile. NOTHING would have made her forget those facial features. Sighing, she turned the photo over and moved on.

Yoo Youngjae, 18, Blood Type AB

Birthday: January 24, 1994 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

Oldest of the Maknae line in B.A.P., freshman in college, majoring in Business and minoring in Finance. Enjoys singing and thus, performs at Yongguk's night club. Other than Daehyun, considered the most level-headed. Is nicknamed "Brain."

Youngjae also had a handsome face and was very photogenic. In the photo, though, it almost seemed like he was posing for the camera. She took note of his cherubic face and uniquely-shaped lips. He had a sharp chin and sharp eyes, which she found to be a little... intimidating. Brushing this aside, Jungmi did her best to remember his face. She moved on to the next profile, which caught her by surprise.

Moon Jongup, 17, Blood Type B

Birthday: February 6, 1995 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

Second to youngest in B.A.P., senior in high school. Is a very bright and innocent kid. Has a dark side due to his past. Adores Zelo and has utmost respect for his hyungs. Loves to dance and workout. Afraid of large bodies of water. Is nicknamed "Moontos."

Jungmi wasn't expecting to see Jongup in the folder. In fact, she wasn't expecting to see him at all. She thought it was a weird twist of fate, or just God's plan in general, that she and Youngmi would be taking care of his soul. Jungmi frowned at his picture. She still couldn't figure out what her sister saw in him. Despite being his noona, Jungmi couldn't find herself being attracted to Jongup. She shrugged and decided to tell Youngmi about Jongup in the morning. And, finally Jungmi reached the last person.

Choi Junhong (Zelo), 15, Blood Type A

Birthday: October 15, 1996 - Proposed Deathdate: March 29, 2013

The maknae of B.A.P., junior in high school. Is a noona killer. He has a lot of aegyo and is popular with girls. Loves being the gang and club scene. Enjoys rapping and dancing. Performs often at Yongguk's club. Loves Yongguk and Jongup the most. Likes being called "Zelo."

Jungmi took one look at the picture and instantly smiled. Even after reading Zelo's description, she paid no mind to its warnings about him. He was surely a noona killer, just by his looks. He had the twinkling eyes of a five-year-old, but something about him, perhaps his aura, exuded maturity. Under all that cuteness, she was sure that there was something more to him. Jungmi also knew that she wouldn't be able to forget a face like his.

She organized the photos and profiles by age and glanced at her watch. She gasped. It was 12 in the morning. If she didn't sleep soon, she would have to face the wrath of God, which she didn't want to see any time soon. She tossed the folder onto the nightstand, turned off the light, and went to bed.

~:~:~:~:~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Jungmi shifted a little in her slumber.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Eonni... Turn it off..." mumbled a drowsy Youngmi to her right.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Aish, thought Jungmi.  Can't I have at least an hour more of sleep?

She lifted a hand to search for the annoying alarm clock on her left. After a few more beeps, she still couldn't find it. She shot up out of her bed and immediately the annoying "alarm clock" ceased beeping. This confused her. Where is that darn alarm clock?

After a few minutes of searching every inch of the room, she shrugged, gave up, and went to wash up.

Youngmi got up lazily and peered up at the clock above the fireplace. Surprise flitted across her face when she realized that it was 7:30 am, which didn't give her and her sister a lot of time to get ready before 8:00. She whipped the blanket off of her and swung her legs over the side of the bed.

With her heart racing, she sprinted into the bathroom and bumped into a still half-asleep Jungmi. Jungmi grunted irritably and continued to brush her teeth in silence. Youngmi, however, was the complete opposite. She grated her teeth with her toothbrush while brushing her hair until it was silky smooth. She splashed water onto her face and hurriedly wipe it so that she could go back into the room to find the perfect outfit.

While this was happening, Jungmi continued to brush her teeth. She rolled her eyes. What's the rush? The meeting place is only right outside of our door.

"Where's my sunny dress? I know it's here somewhere..." mumbled Youngmi. She searched the room frantically, trying to recall where she placed it last. I'm sure that it was in the closet... "Eonni! Do you know where my dress is?"

"Your sunny dress?" Jungmi asked while washing her face.

"Yes! My sunny dress! I can't go back to earth in complete white! That's fashion suicide!"

"You know, it's really cold right now. It's only been two days since Christmas. Not to mention, we just died yesterday! You must be crazy to want to wear that right now!"

Youngmi pouted. "But, I want to be pretty when I arrive on earth..."

"Never mind about looking pretty, Younggie! Aish, you don't have to be fashionable right now!" Jungmi plucked out a puffy purple winter jacket from the closet. Youngmi nearly fainted. Jungmi noticed this and questioned her baby sister with her eyes.

While clutching her chest (and being overly dramatic about it), Youngmi had to calm down her racing heart.

"Oh. My. Goodness. Eonni. You can't be serious! You don't expect me to wear that!" Youngmi exclaimed. Her eyes nearly bugged out of their sockets. Jungmi rolled her eyes at her.

"Would you rather freeze to death?"

"No, I'm going to die from a fashion crisis instead..." murmured Youngmi. Jungmi tried several more times to get her sister to wear the horrid jacket. Finally, she obliged when Jungmi offered to give Youngmi her favorite cardigan, which she wore under the ridiculous jacket. Jungmi dressed in comfortable jeans, leg warmers, and an identical puffy blue winter jacket. She stuffed her folder and Youngmi's folder into a backpack and swung it over her shoulders.

"Ok, I think it's time to go. We only have ten minutes left."

The two sisters made their way out of the house and walked for a few minutes toward the well that God mentioned. Heaven was especially gorgeous that morning. Dawn had already reached its peak, yet there was still a misty feel to the air and a peachy tint in the sky. The clouds both above and under the two sisters were pure white, appearing to be as soft as authentic cotton. Even though it was winter on earth, it seemed as though it was spring in Heaven.

Jungmi and Youngmi stopped at the silver and gold well and waited patiently for God to arrive. Seconds passed and there was no sign of their Heavenly Father. Is he going to be late? They thought at the same time. A few minutes later, at exactly 8:00, God appeared before them, smiling brilliantly.

"Woah!" shouted Jungmi. She wasn't expecting God to appear that way, right in front of them.

"Good, you are here! Truthfully, I didn't think that you two were going to come. Did you two study the profiles last night?" While saying this, he looked directly at Youngmi. She fidgeted with her jacket zipper, a habit she developed whenever she got nervous. She didn't study at all.

"I did," Jungmi murmured.

"I... I didn't, Lord. I'm sorry..." Youngmi whispered with her head down.

God smiled softly at her. "It's okay. I wasn't expecting you to study. But, I know you will be in good hands because Jungmi studied it. So, remember what I told you yesterday, girls. Do your mission well, be safe, and don't forget to have fun! The Christian way, of course."

Jungmi smiled weakly at God's farewell/threat. She knew perfectly well what God was saying. Youngmi, on the other hand, had no idea that there were multiple meanings behind God's final words to them. She just stood beside Jungmi, still feeling guilty for not studying the homework God gave them the previous night.

"Okay, it's time for you girls to go. Do well, girls. I know you will." With a hearty wink, he waved his hand over them. Both girls closed their eyes tightly, a reflex they picked up from their mother. They anticipated whatever means of travel God had for them.

A warm, trickling feeling engulfed them. Suddenly, they both felt light, as if they were floating in mid-air. Then, the warm feeling disappeared. For a few seconds, their eyes remained closed.

Jungmi opened her eyes first.

God was gone.

And they were on solid ground.

In fact, as they looked around the empty street they stood on, it seemed familiar to them. As though they had seen it before, like deja vu. Is this...?

"Our street?" whispered Jungmi, completing the question that the both of them were thinking about.

"What does this have to do with anything? Does God want us to relive our lives or something?" Youngmi questioned worriedly.

Jungmi whipped her head at her sister. She remembered seeing Jongup's photo and profile the night before and wondered whether she should tell her sister about God's twist in his mission for them. Will it REALLY be smart to tell her that Jongup is a part of our mission? Especially when our mission is to get them to Heaven before they die?

Youngmi began walking down the street, but Jungmi stopped her. "Younggie-ah. I have something to tell you before we start searching for them. Remember that Jongup guy that you had a crush on for two years?"

Youngmi smiled softly. Of course, she did. However, she wasn't expecting the words that her sister said next.

"He's on our list." Youngmi flashed her eyes at Jungmi. Jungmi looked back at her, her expression a mixture of apologetic and concern.

"W-what? Jongup is a part of the list?!" Youngmi half-shrieked. It was still morning, so she didn't want to wake up her former neighbors on the street. "What kind of game is God playing? Doesn't he KNOW that I used to like him?"

"We knew that it wasn't going to be easy, Youngmi. We just have to trust God, alright?" Jungmi said in an attempt to calm her down. Youngmi was hysterical.

"But, this is going too far, Eonni! How am I supposed to tell my crush of two years that he's going to die? 'Oh, hi, Jongup. I'm Youngmi and I've liked you for two years. And, by the way, you're going to die in 90 days!'" Youngmi whispered furiously with tears in her eyes.

"I think he wants us to develop discipline--"

"Do you think I care about discipline right now?! I'm devastated! This isn't a Korean Drama! Why does it feel that way...?" Youngmi's tears began to flow freely at that point. Jungmi sighed. She knew that this wasn't an act, but she thought that Youngmi's actions were irrational.

"Don't worry, Younggie-ah... All we have to do is make sure all six of these guys get into Heaven, alright?"

"I don't get it. If we are angels, can't we just bring them up to Heaven?" Youngmi quietly asked. Jungmi sighed again. She wished it was that easy.

"No, God took our wings away for the 90 days we will be here. All we have are our powers to prove to them that we are angels. God's main point was to have them believe in him. Because if they don't believe in him, they won't be able to get into Heaven."

"This is insane..." mumbled Youngmi. Jungmi had to agree, but she didn't want to go against God's will for them.

"Let's split up and look for them. Here, take your folder from my bag. I'll look for them in the streets and the park. Go look at the market. Meet back here in three hours."

Youngmi nodded, took the folder, and gave her sister a hug.

"Be safe, Eonni..."

"You know that I always will. Now, get going. Don't forget what I said and what God said, alright?" Jungmi called out to Youngmi, who was already about a block away.

Youngmi gave a smile and a wave, which Jungmi returned. She took in a deep breath.

Okay... Let's do this! Hwaiting!