Chapter Fourteen: Meeting the Noona

[HIATUS] UnBreakable

*Author's Note: First of all, let me apologize for the six-month-late update... And second of all, the 'Noona' in this story is my bias from her group. Please don't think that I hate her!

"What?" Jungmi answered once more, perhaps a little too quickly.

Daehyun took a moment to even his breathing before responding. "Can you... hear my thoughts? Just right now, I thought about... Noona and you answered right away. I didn't even... say a word to you."

Jungmi was shocked. How did Daehyun pick up on her ability so quickly, when she herself discovered it only 10 days prior? She choked out a nervous chuckle. "I don't know what you're talking about, Daehyun-ssi. Can I hear your thoughts? That's an insane accusation."

Daehyun shot her a knowing look, his mask covering what she assumed was a frown. "Jungmi, I'm not insane. You're keeping something from us... aren't you?"

"Daehyun-ssi, I think that you're experiencing too much pain. You're getting strange ideas."

"But, earlier, you and I were having a conversation--" Before Daehyun could interrogate Jungmi any further, a knock resounded from the front door.

"Yongguk-ah, open the door!" ordered a female voice from the other side. "Kim Himchan!"

"Noona!" exclaimed Youngjae through a mouthful of rice.

"It's Noona!" cried Zelo and Jongup, both of whom busied themselves with tidying the dining table.

Yongguk and Himchan stood up simultaneously and raced to the door, both colliding with one another to open it. On a different occasion, it would have been a hilarious sight to see, the two eldest boys/men elbowing each other just to reach the doorknob. When someone (most likely Yongguk) managed to open the door, in stepped a voluptuous female with twinkling eyes and dark violet tresses that fell past her shoulders. She wore a thick fur coat, black thermal leggings, and dainty winter boots, as if she just came out of a winter wear commercial. She carried a Dolce and Gabbana leopard-printed clutch in one hand and a white box in the other.

Jungmi widened her eyes at the female as she strode towards Daehyun. Apart from exuding a confidence that Jungmi herself unfortunately lacked, the female also had a domineering aura, one that Jungmi could recognize due to the hint of a smirk on her lips. For some reason, Jungmi felt utterly inferior compared to her.

Without a word to Jungmi, the female knelt beside Daehyun and gingerly reached for his injured palm. He winced in pain when she peeled off his new bandage. She drew in a sharp breath, then shot a glare at Jungmi. "You. What happened to Daehyunnie?"

Jungmi flinched at the female's clipped tone and casual use of banmal. Did she know anything about respect? "While preparing breakfast, Daehyun-ssi stirred the pancake batter a bit too forcefully--"

"Why was he preparing breakfast? Daehyunnie never prepares breakfast. He always washes the dishes."

"I-I'm not sure what happened--"

The female silenced her with a scoff. "Aren't you their maid? Isn't it your job to take care of everything so that they don't have to?"

Youngmi stomped forward and ed an accusing finger at the woman. "Excuse me, lady, but who are you to call Eonni such a degrading term? My Eonni is nothing close to a maid!"

The female turned to Youngmi, her expression transforming from anger to displeasure. "Oh, I'm sorry, little girl, then YOU must be their maid, if your 'Eonni' isn't."

Before Youngmi could respond with sharp words of her own, Zelo ducked his head bashfully. "Noona, they aren't our maids. They're rooming with us."

The female raised a disbelieving eyebrow, then shifted her narrowed eyes to Yongguk. "Yongguk-ah. What is the meaning of this? I thought that you were against having women in the home?"

Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck, the tips of his ears pinking in embarrassment. Jungmi deducted that perhaps this 'Noona' lived with the boys once. Or perhaps the boys lived with her. The thought made her a little uneasy.

Jungmi cleared . "Regardless of what you think of me, ma'am, Daehyun-ssi's health is at risk. He lost about a pint of blood when he pierced his palm and has lost a steady quarter-pint with each new bandage. It's a wonder how he is still conscious right now."

She bit her lip as her gaze fell on Daehyun's pale face. As silly as it sounded, she was worried. Technically, Guardian Angels didn't need to worry. They were Guardian Angels, for goodness sakes. But, there Jungmi was, worrying for a human who simply lost around 2 and 1/2 pints of blood.

The female's upper lip curled into a snarl. "Regardless of what I think of you? Just who do you think you're speaking to, girl?"

She raised a hand, intending to strike Jungmi. However, before her hand could fall, Daehyun reached out his good hand to catch hers. "Hyosung-noona, please... stop. Jungmi hasn't done anything wrong. It... It was my fault that I stabbed myself. Jungmi is actually the one who... applied first aid. Don't blame her..."

'Hyosung' softened. She patted his arm consolingly. "Arasseo, Daehyunnie. Let's get your hand cleaned and fixed."

~:~:~:~:~

It had been two hours since 'Hyosung', or whatever her name was, sewed up Daehyun's cut and re-bandaged it. Two hours since Jungmi retreated to her and Youngmi's bedroom. Two hours since Youngmi began camping at the dinner table, staring daggers at the woman who dared to disrespect her older sister.

Youngmi couldn't understand. How could someone with such a beautiful lavender aura be as vicious as Hyosung? Was her personality truly as gentle and kind as her aura appeared? Or were her eyes just playing tricks on her? Youngmi rubbed her eyes with her fists, then resumed staring at Hyosung.

"You know, if you keep staring like that, little girl, someone might gouge your eyes out," sneered Hyosung as she stabbed through another slice of apple. Hyosung and Youngmi were alone on the first floor; everyone else were in their rooms, save for the two eldest, who were already at TS Night Club.

Youngmi snapped out of her thoughts and frowned at Hyosung. "I don't know who you are, but from what I see, your attitude is really nasty. Are you constipated or something?"

Hyosung did a double-take as she coughed out chewed-up apple. "What?"

"I asked if you're con--"

"I heard what you asked, you little insect!" Hyosung slammed her fork onto the table and narrowed her eyes at Youngmi. "Are you dumb or is your head so far up your that you can't treat someone older than you with respect?"

Youngmi wrinkled her nose. Hyosung was really an unpleasant woman. "Excuse me, but aren't YOU the one who isn't able to treat someone with respect? You haven't even asked for my name or my sister's name since you have arrived here!"

Hyosung scoffed, then flipped her hair. "Why do I need to know your names? It's not like you or your sister matter to me. I only care about B.A.P."

"Wow, you really need some help. To think that you care ONLY for the boys make you seem like a stalker in my eyes," Youngmi quipped. She stood up and glided out the dining room, leaving Hyosung alone with wide open.

Youngmi trudged up the stairs and into the bedroom she shared with Jungmi. She flung open the door and was immediately consumed by a hazy, gray cloud.

Jungmi's hazy, gray aura.

"Hey, Youngmi," greeted Jungmi lifelessly from the bottom bunk.

Youngmi fanned the cloud away from her face, hoping that it would help her see Jungmi a little clearer. It was as dense as ever. "Eonni, what are you doing in the room?"

"Have we become the boys' maids, Youngmi?"

"What?"

"Do we look or act like maids? No matter how I think about it, I think we do."

"Eonni, what in the world are you talking about?" Youngmi made her way blindly towards her sister, tripping over her two left feet in the process. Her ankle still hadn't healed completely, therefore she had to limp towards her sister.

Jungmi groaned as she rolled over to face her back towards Youngmi. "I mean, all we've done for the boys is cook and clean. We haven't even gotten started on our mission quite yet... and it has been 10 days. Ten days, Youngmi! That leaves us 80 days to get the boys' souls into Heaven!"

Youngmi pouted. "Don't lose hope, Eonni. We can do a lot with those days. Who knows if their hearts have been moved or not?"

"Yeah, well, they won't be moved with HER here," muttered Jungmi.

Youngmi smirked. Was that jealousy she detected in her older sister's voice? As if on cue, Jungmi's aura glowed into a dull green. Youngmi suppressed a chuckle. "What makes you say that?"

"Do you know what Daehyun just said?"

"Verbally or in his mind?"

"In his mind, of course!" Jungmi growled into her pillow.

Youngmi rolled her eyes, utterly amused. "What did he say?"

"He said that he's glad that 'Noona' came. Now, he doesn't have to rely on me!"

"Are you sure he said that second part?"

"I can hear his thoughts loud and clear, Youngmi!"

Youngmi finally giggled, her laughter bubbling over and breaking through Jungmi's wall of dull green. "Eonni, you're so silly."

"Silly!" Jungmi exclaimed. She shot up into a sitting position, only to thwack her head against the metal bar supporting Youngmi's mattress and flop back down.

"Are you okay, Eonni?"

"I'm not silly, Youngmi!" muffled Jungmi from behind her hands. "I'm just telling the truth!"

"Sure, Eonni. I believe you."

Jungmi removed a hand to glare at Youngmi with one, hard eye. "Where is that sarcasm coming from, Shim Youngmi?"

"Nowhere~" Youngmi sing-songed before sticking out her tongue at Jungmi.

The elder let out a mocking gasp and lunged for her, prompting Youngmi to shriek with laughter as the two began yet another tickling battle.

~:~:~:~:~

"I'm sorry that you had to meet Hyosung-noona that way," murmured Yongguk later that night as he scratched the back of his neck for the second time that day. Hyosung was sleeping soundly in the bedroom he shared with Himchan while Yongguk gathered the boys and the sisters in the living room to have a discussion. Daehyun had also fallen asleep after dinner. "She's really nice once you get to know her."

Jungmi pressed her lips into a thin line and Youngmi gave him a small, terse smile. Their previous laughter dissipated at the mention of Hyosung's name. Yongguk gulped. It was clear that the sisters were not happy.

"She came all the way from Gangnam--"

Which isn't even far away, Youngmi thought to herself.

"--and she adores us all. We grew up with her, so she treats us like her little brothers--"

Yeah, right. More like her 'little boy toys', Jungmi scoffed inwardly.

"--so, please welcome her warmly... I'm asking this because... well, I don't want to upset you two. And I know that Noona can be a bit much, sometimes." Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck for the umpteenth time. Jungmi's stare basically lasered through his skull.

Youngmi folded her arms across her chest. "I don't have anything against you telling us this, Oppa. But, do you have any idea how nasty she is?"

Yongguk flinched. "Saying that she's 'nasty' is a bit..."

"Please get straight to the point, Yongguk-ssi," Jungmi whispered, her tone dangerously low. "There's no need for you to promote her 'kind' image when Youngmi and I clearly have our opinions about her."

"Hyosung-noona..." Yongguk began, then paused. Relaying the news to the sisters would bring about explosive reactions, no doubt.

"Aish, just tell us, already!" Himchan grunted, frustrated with the leader's hesitance.

"Oh, no, Hyung," muttered Youngjae, flitting his eyes nervously between Youngmi and Jungmi. He knew what Yongguk was about to say.

Yongguk drew in a long breath. "Noona will be staying with us for about a week."

Before Yongguk could utter an explanation, Jungmi exhaled sharply, then stood up and headed for her bedroom. Youngmi followed suit a few moments later, though not before shooting Yongguk a disappointed pout.

Just like that, Yongguk felt his heart deflate a little.

"Hyung, are you crazy?" Jongup muttered, watching Youngmi disappear up the stairs.

"Noona can't stay here. She's going to get sick of us. Real quick," Youngjae reasoned. "Don't you remember what she did the last time we saw her?"

"I know, I know," growled Yongguk. He wasn't happy with his decision either, but if he wanted to ensure Daehyun's safety, Hyosung was his best bet. And perhaps having her over would be good for her. She needed an attitude change, anyway.

"So, why are you still allowing her to stay?"

"Because we have no other option!"

Himchan sighed, leaned back on the sofa, and linked his fingers behind his head. "Jungmi would have done just fine. I know that you and Daehyun have a soft spot for Noona, but come on, Gukkie! The last time we saw her should have been the LAST TIME."

"What should I have done, then?" Yongguk roared, silencing the group of boys. "Should I have allowed Daehyun to go to the hospital? What if his parents found him there?"

Zelo widened his eyes. "No, Hyung--"

"What if they--"

"Hyung," Jongup interjected, placing a hand on the elder's tensed shoulder. "It's okay. She can stay. No one is against her staying. It's just Youngmi and Jungmi. They aren't happy."

Yongguk shrugged his hand off. "Is it our job to make them happy?"

The boys gasped. Bang Yongguk, sneering?

Yongguk clenched his jaws and fists. "Noona is staying and that's final."

 

*****Hey, all! So, I'm back from yet another six-month hiatus! Boo, me! I know... I had a bad bout of writer's block for like... three months. Which is horrible, because I promised to have an update soon, but this is nowhere near 'soon'. And it's sad because I really want to finish this fic. It's been on this site for almost two years and I've only reached 14 chapters. Anyway, I hope that you all like this chapter! I debated with myself on how I should proceed from the cliffhanger from the last chapter, but I think you might like how this chapter transitioned. ^^ Thank you! And as always, please comment and subscribe! Constructive Criticism is always welcome. Happy Reading! 8.19.14 :)*****