chapter 1

Make My Last Months A Happy One

 

-PAST-

MinYoung Pov:

 

I walk home from work since Myungsoo my husband didn’t pick up his phone…again. I passed by the local pharmacist to pick up my medication that the doctor had procirbed to him just yesterday. I was diagnosed with cancer, cancer. Stage 2 the doctor said I only have between half a year to a year to live. I haven’t told anyone yet. Today would be the day I tell Myungsoo about my illness.

 

“Omma your home.” Sohee called out as she ran up to hug my waist.

“Ne, I’m home. Where you a good girl today?” I asked her, she nodded her head.

“Good girl. Omma will just freshen up arraso.” I said as I headed upstairs toward my bedroom. I opened the door to see Myungsoo on his phone.

 

“I’ll call you later. Neh I’ll tell you what happens later.” Myungsoo said to who ever he’s on the phone with then hanged up.

“I have something to tell you. Go wash up first then meet me in the living room.” Myungsoo said then walked out of our room. That has to be the longest he has spoken to me in awhile. After taking a shower I quickly dressed up and made my way toward the living room. Once Myungsoo spotted me he asked Sohee to go to her room real quick.

“I can’t do this anylonger.” Myungsoo spoke.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Be with you. I’ve been cheating on you for the past couple of months. And she just….makes me really happy.” Myungsoo replied.

“So, that’s it?!” I asked.

“Ne, please divorse me. Of course I love Sohee so I would like a joint custody with you for her.” Myungsoo replied.

“I’ll allow you to divorce me, but it has to be in half a year for now.” I replied not looking at him.

“Why can’t you just let me go?” Myungsoo asked upset.

“Look I will do alright. Just spend the last half year with me.” I beg thinking of the last half year I would leave.

“Arasso. But I will keep on seeing her.” He replied.

“Ne.” I replied then stood up going to our room. I went to my bag and took our my medication, with a deep sigh I took the amount needed to be taken.