Chapter 2

Don't Look Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANGSUN

As he followed the older woman through the hallways, Changsun decided that he hated high heels. Every step the woman took, her gaudy shoes would click down on the tiled floor and echo through the empty hallway. His eyes focused on the back of her feet, watching as they moved up and down, clicking and clacking, until they came to a stop.

“Just a minute, Changsun, I need to get your schedule. You can just wait right here,” The woman said, her voice sickly sweet and high pitched. Changsun said nothing but merely glared at the floor as he leaned against the brick wall, crossing his arms as a sign of discontent.

He hated new schools, and this one seemed to be the worst out of all the ones he’d been to in the past few years. It was small and rundown and looked as if one big gust of air would blow it over. The inside wasn’t much better, with filthy floors that needed to be swept and mopped and vandalized walls with spray paintings of gang signs. But it was to be expected, coming from this sort of town.

Changsun looked up when he heard the door to the office opening, and the woman returned before him with a smile on her face and some papers in her hand. She handed over one which turned out to be his schedule, but he didn’t bother looking at it.

“Unfortunately we don’t have enough lockers for all the students, so you’ll have to wait until someone leaves; but we don’t give out books to the students either, because we don’t have enough of those either since past students have stolen or destroyed them. So you won’t need a locker anyway,” She explained as they began to journey through the hallways. Changsun glanced at the classrooms as they walked by, one of them being an art class with torn up pictures taped around the outside of the door.

They came to a stop in front of a classroom, and she pushed open the door and walked in. Changsun had expected everyone to stop what they were doing and look at him, with millions of different stories to who he was and why he was there so late forming in their minds. But that didn’t happen and no one even gave him a second look as they talked loudly over the teacher’s lesson. He followed the woman over to the man in front of the room, evidently the teac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter