Chapter 15

Don't Look Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I had the strangest dream last night,” Mir commented idly, reaching across the table for the half empty tub of butter. “I almost wander if it was actually a dream at all.”

Joon’s eyes flicked up to his best friend for a split second before bowing his head down, focusing intently on his plate of pancakes. Inside his chest, his heart skipped a beat anxiously, and a growing fear formed in the pit of his stomach at the horrifying thought that Mir had somehow found out that he had almost kissed him last night.

“Oh, what was it about?” He asked hesitantly, taking his glass of orange juice and swishing it around.

“Well, I was in bed and – actually, never mind. It’s stupid,” Mir said, smiling bashfully as he shrugged his shoulders in the most adorable manner. And the way his hair fell into his eyes and he lifted his hand to sweep it away, the simple gesture held such an innocence that Joon felt his heart speed up.

“Yeah, sure,” He stammered, feeling flustered.

“So, um, what are the plans for today?” Mir asked, feeling the awkward atmosphere. He glanced above the sink where there was a clock hung on the wall, and it was still pretty early in the morning; Anya wasn’t even awake yet. But Mir knew that whatever plans they did have for the day would include the six year old tagging along with them, which he didn’t mind at all. He loved watching Joon and Anya play around with each other, it was really sweet how Joon was always so cute with her.

“I don’t know, but mom wanted us to do yard work today,” Joon replied, looking out the window where an array of colored leaves littered the lawn. Mir followed his glance, his eyes twinkling; the thought of spending the day outside was exciting. The crisp scent of autumn, cool breeze sweeping through the air and setting leaves fluttering through the air, and all the while he would be spending time with the person he loved more than anyone in the world.

As a friend, of course. Duh. Joon is my best friend, more than a best friend. Better than a best friend, he’s my…he’s my Joon.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Anya said in a deadpanned voice. Mir and Joon looked down at her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter