Chapter 19

Don't Look Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changsun walked along the snow covered sidewalk with his hands inside his pockets, backpack slung over his shoulder, and dragging his feet through the icy, untouched snow on his way to school. His head hung low and his eyes were dull with remorse; the slow thump of his heart beat sounded like thunder in his ears. Changsun was not looking forward to going to school, but more importantly, having to face Cheolyong. The impending doom was drawing closer and closer and part of him wanted to turn around and run back home, but he knew that he couldn’t.

He’d been a completely awful friend to Cheolyong all week and he knew that there was not a single excuse that could mind his behavior and attitude. Cheolyong was his best friend in the entire world; he didn’t actually understand what had possessed him to be so cold-hearted to the boy. Cheolyong was the sweetest person that Changsun had met and he made life bearable, as if there was hope for something to look forward to everyday. No matter what sort of nervousness he was feeling, Changsun was determined to apologize to Cheolyong and do everything he possible could to make it up to him.

I just hope he accepts, I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t. I really don’t deserve a friend like him, but he always comes back. No. Cheolyong doesn’t deserve a friend like me, he deserves much better, Changsun thought to himself miserably, sighing sullenly as he walked up the path to the school. His eyes darted around for any sign of Cheolyong, but seeing how cold it was, the front entrance was almost completely vacant save for a few students who were getting a smoke in before the bell rang.

Heading down the hallway towards his locker, Changsun kept his eyes glued to his shoes but as he neared his destination he caught sight of a familiar pair of purple converse standing before him. Whipping his head up, he quickly opened his mouth to speak to Cheolyong, to apologize and beg on his knees for forgiveness with all the promises in the world to make it up to him, but before he could utter a single breath, Cheolyong was darting away without a second to spare leaving Changsun standing there guilt stricken.

He’s really mad at me…

Sighing loudly in defeat, he opened the locker to put away the books he’d brought home to work on homework last night, and found in their place a book he’d lent to Cheolyong to read at home, The Outsiders.

Yeah, he’s definitely mad at me.

He spent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter