Chapter 16

Don't Look Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 15th

Four years ago today his life had drastically changed. For the better or worse, Joon couldn’t decide, and he didn’t like to think about that too much. It was for the better, he met Hyojin and Anya, but on the other hand, it was a terrible time. He was only thirteen at the time, and back then things seemed so simple. Joon wished he could be a kid again, or at least have the mindset of one. When he was thirteen, everything seemed like it was going to be okay and he was able to believe that.

But then November 15th came, and his mother passed away from cancer. The world turned dark and it felt as if all the happiness was away. Her death set everything in motion and it all happened so fast Joon couldn’t even remember half of anything that happened back then. All he knew was that his beautiful mother, who had fought like a warrior against the cancer, was gone and just a few days later he was separated from his brother, and by the next month he would be in a new home and never see Jonghyun again.

Joon did not like November 15th, to say the least, so when he woke up in a bad mood that morning, Hyojin didn’t even bat an eye.

“Do you want me to drive you to school, Joon?” Hyojin offered lightly, placing a cup of chocolate milk in front of her daughter. Anya thanked her quietly and reached for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter